X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DOA, what's the point?

Originally posted by Wargimp
    What's hard to believe about that?
    I bail outta whatever vehicle I'm riding in and head for cover. Chances are, there's gonna be defenders already under cover, so I activly look for them. When I'm confident that my local area is secure, THEN I'll position myself to deal with any armour that might be in the area.
    It's called playing smart.
    Yeah of course you've got to check around when you get to a new place but you made it sound so dramatic and tactical. It didn't sound like BF2 to me more like sime single player tactica shooter.

I didn't mean anything bad by it though, I wrote it in a joking fashion.

Comment

aside from that pathetic flame war

dao-12 is a GREAT weapon, but only when and after you spent some time using it. breaking reload cycle can be tough to practice, but is unvaluable. dao with 2 shells is a crap, dao with 5 - it is not.
      jackhammer.. oh mama, this baby kicks - lots of recoil, magna damage - i like it, but i prefer to use it, when i know i'm going to die fast - ammo is a problem - one kill - one mag

on the side note - a weapon most of you underestimate and trash at glance is the s12k saiga.. i got most of my shotgun kill with this gun [i have two accounts - they sum up for total of ~1100kils with shoties]. it has an ok damage, is VERY controlable, allows perfect ROF control. i simply love it, and the fact it gains some from aiming [my personal opinion] unlike all other shotguns, but still doesnt take any penalty from jumping/running
      i got my eng vet badge twice entirely on foot, using this baby, and i use jackhammer only when playing usmc/china. pump actions are only A BIT stronger than jackhammer, but jackhammer can empty entire clip in time it takes to make a 'pump'. so..

ps. yes, if you play AT, unlock dao. it is actual upgrade, [same as mp-7 for engie], as it gives this class something NEW, not only different and/or better [like the sniper, support or spec op]

Comment

I seem to be more effective with the Jackhammer but I love how you can load individual shells in the DAO.

Comment

Originally posted by sidtherat
          pump actions are only A BIT stronger than jackhammer,
          Actually, they're exactly twice as strong as the jackhammer.

~Wolfgang

Comment

one shot boom you're dead with pump. its just a matter of aim, and hope of no lag.

Comment

Yeah you gotta hit actual body tho, not one shot to the foot...

Comment

Originally posted by Kattspya
                Yeah of course you've got to check around when you get to a new place but you made it sound so dramatic and tactical. It didn't sound like BF2 to me more like sime single player tactica shooter.

I didn't mean anything bad by it though, I wrote it in a joking fashion.
                Ah, I know. I have a flare for the dramatic. Hehe, I write a bit and it's sometimes hard to keep my writing style low key if I've been thinking about some action sequance.

That aside, I actually do play BF2 as a tactical game. I'm generally on VoiP using good radio protocal, working together with my squad, and even making plans before starting an attack.

See, I know I can afford to sweep and secure the area because I just told my mates that I'm gonna do that and suggested that they need to go for the flag while I keep 'em covered.

I once got asked if I was in the military because of my tactical communication... I said, "No, they generally don't take neo-gothic-psudo-hippy-stoners"

Comment

listen the jackhammer is way better. you can have your choice, and i can have mine.
                  i like the jackhammer because:

less recoil and camera shake=more accuracy while moving.
                  more damage per hit
                  less reload time

i usualy make it count for each shot, than hide in or behind a corner, while i slam in a new drum of ammo. then i run back in and aim for the face spending about 2 shots out of the 7. you have six 7 shot drums to use.

i like that better than the weaker DAO
                  reason why i think its weaker:
                  more camera shake from recoil= harder to hit with less frame rates.
                  less accuracy
                  less damage per shot
                  longer reload time

thats my reasons i dont like the DAO.

shure, it sounds like it might be better on the decription for the weapon, but it actually works alittle bit differnt, kinda like all the weapons compared to the decription for it.

if you ask me, the decription for the DAO and the mkjackhammer should be switch around.
                  the DAO should have the mk's decription, and the mk should have the DAO's.

Comment

That's a slighty better try Wing.
                    You ARE entitled to your opinion. If you prefer the Jackhamer over the DAO that's fine. What's not fine is stating that the DAO sucks because you don't like it. That's an opinion, not a fact and you just shuldn't state it as such.

Change "listen the jackhammer is way better." to "I prefer the jackhammer" and you'll do much better.

Make any sence?

Comment

One pump shotgun to rule them all.

Comment

LAMO!

I'm stung! No, really! Man, that hurts.

"Warwimp!" He called me WARWIMP! My god! I am in awe of your ability to verbally abuse! I shall never post another harsh word again as tribute to your astounding wit!

Yeah... seriously dude:
                        I stated that expressing your opinion as fact makes you look stupid. It does. Those is just some plan 'o words 'o wisdom.

He desided to through a temper tantrum and start with the name calling, which furthered the making of the looking of stupid. Despite the facts and despite lots of people trying to tell him that he was expressing himself poorly, he wanted to yammer on.
                        *shug*
                        So I poked fun.
                        1) Some degree of logic, grammar, sentence structure, and coherency helps when expressing yourself, and unless LAMO is a new acronym, you just said "Laugh *** My Off". Let me translate that to your horribly distorted preception of the English language:

Degree some of logic coherency and helps when yourself expressing, and LAMO unless new acronym is, just you said "Laugh *** My Off". Translate me let that horribly to your preception distorted of...um... "language the English" or you'd whatever like call it to.

2) He through a "temper tantrum" after you called him moronic (and two other variations on the same insult). Sucks when other human beings are treated as equals to you, huh?

3) Not surprising you never noticed, there's obviously a lot more you miss in life. (Like the fact that trolling doesn't work when you're being so obvious about it, especially since you seem to enjoy thinking of yourself as the myg0t expert)

one shot boom you're dead with pump. its just a matter of aim, and hope of no lag.
                        Yes, but one miss and the USER is dead. Unless his opponent has a sniper rifle, chances are the other guy will win if the pump user misses (no matter how crappy the other guy's choice for a close range encounter was). I admit, if you are lucky/have good aim you can get some pretty sweet runs with the pump shotties, but atleast with the jackhammer, you're usually ensured one kill (after which you pull back to reload).

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
                          I admit, if you are lucky/have good aim you can get some pretty sweet runs with the pump shotties, but atleast with the jackhammer, you're usually ensured one kill (after which you pull back to reload).
                          So the jackhammer is better for people who can't aim well?

Comment

the DAO is awesome at close range but.. 99% of my kills are not made at extreme close range, i almost always choose the mp5 over it

i've played AT for many hours, and no offense, but i probably have more hours as AT than most of you and overall the mp5 will come in handy more so than the over-hyped DAO

not to say the dao is bad, its just that most of the time your gona be to far away

and any1 changing to the DAO knows you gota have a totally different play style than with the mp5

mp5 - keep your distance
                            DAO - ****ing rush any enemy you see

Comment

Working...
                            X