DOA, what's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOA, what's the point?

I know the DOA (like any unlock for its class) is used almost unquestioningly by all anti-tank players. My question is...why? Since when should an AT soldier be fighting in close corridors? Is using the DOA an attempt to make a statement of "OMG LOOCK WHO FAST I CAN CLICK TEH BUTUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

I know I shouldn't be complaining if I think the enemy is using bad tactics, but this is really irritating me for some reason. Anyone care to explain?

Re: DOA, what's the point?

Originally posted by puglous
    I know the DOA (like any unlock for its class) is used almost unquestioningly by all anti-tank players. My question is...why? Since when should an AT soldier be fighting in close corridors? Is using the DOA an attempt to make a statement of "OMG LOOCK WHO FAST I CAN CLICK TEH BUTUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"?
    Can't believe I have to say this, but an AT-er never knows when he'll run round a corner into an enemy or three. The useless default weapon is about as effective as throwing your boots at the opponent, so with it you'd die say 85% of the time in that situation. The DAO cuts those odds about in half. That seems like a good enough reason to me.

Sounds to me like someone took a few unwelcome DAO blasts to the face and is kinda frustrated about it.

Comment

Argh, I was going to unlock the DOA, and my clan told me it sucked, so I kept unlocking other guns. Then one day, right after they told me to unlock the g3 instead, I was walking along in Mashtuur, and some guy DOA's me with 2 shots in under like 1 second. Ever since then Ive been gettin owned by it. Im definitly unlocking that next!

Comment

The point is it fills a hole in the abilities of the anti-tank class. The DAO-12 is absolutely great at close combat, better than almost every other primary gun. Guided Rockets allow you to have high accuracy at long range. The pistol is decent at medium, and the DAO is outstanding at close range. This unlock makes the Anti-Tank class arguable the best kit on the battlefield.

Comment

Isn't this whole game about how fast people can click the button ?

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
            actually, its about who can have the best computer to click the button the fastest!

Comment

Ok, its DAO...not DOA - Some people are mixing that up. Just getting it straight.

I agree fully with bustacaptx. The standard AT weapon is almost useless unless your target doesn't have time to turn around and shoot at you, or he's low on health. The DAO gives the AT class some power which they deserve seeing as it already takes way to much to take down armor for them in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
                Not THE button, but the BUTTONS. As in jump, right click, and left click.

Comment

The DAO is a great improvement over the standard SMGs. AT guys shouldn't be engaged in long range combat with enemy infantry.

Comment

It kicks arse at short range and the SMGs were useless at range anyway. Look at it this way. With the SMGs the AT class is good at long range, bad at medium range and OK at close range. With the DAO-12 they are still good at long range, still bad at medium range but they are now the best class at close range combat. Many players will probably even win more medium range fire fights because they will switch to pistol instead of how they used to stick to the SMG.

Comment

DAO-12 is one of the best unlocks in the game, both for its pure effectiveness and how well it rounds out the AT kit. Longer range shots can be managed with the rocket or the pistol.

DAO stands for "double action only". DOA stands for "dead on arrival".

Comment

"Dead On Arrival" describes it's effects rather well. The DAO is probably my favorite sweeping weapon. I love getting driven to a CP, bailing out and using my DAO to hunt down hiders while the rest of the boys move on the flag. Then when my position is clear, I get ready to take out any armour that might be coming. Very effective tactic.

Comment

My buddy made a comment about this gun and that the medic class gets a M-16 rifle. He thinks it makes them too powerful classes. I have put most of my time as an AT guy. If I had to keep the MP-5 gun, I wouldn't play the kit, just run away from armor.

It takes too much effort to kill a tank and get 2 points, not to give the AT guy some chance at close range fighting. Right now I have about 3500 kills with the "shotgun" and about 1800 with the AT missile. The DAO makes the kit worth playing.

Strangely enough, I accidentally unlock the DAO. I was ****ed, but then decided to give it a try. It was ignorantly a good choice.

Comment

Not THE button, but the BUTTONS. As in jump, right click, and left click.
                            You mean, space bar, z, right click, left click

Comment

"Gimp, what ya doin?"
                              "Feeding my shotgun."

That's a snipet from the other night's voice chatter. I love feeding snipers to my pet DAO.

Comment

Working...
                              X