DOA, what's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DOA, what's the point?

I would definitely say your opinion is in the minority here Wing. Mind you, I haven't really given the Jackhammer the light of day, maybe I'll give it a test run sometime.

Comment

Wing, you're insisting on sounding like an idiot.

Obviously some people here do not share your opinion. If you don't like the weapon, you're free to say so. Stating that it *sucks* because you personally don't like it is moronic. I don't like sniper rifles because I'm a lousy sniper. I would never state that all sniper rifles suck since obviously other people do better with 'em than myself.

Personally, I've had great success with the sucker. I would not compair it to the G36c because I'm not an idiot. It's a different kit and used for different situations (if you have a brain in your head, that is).

Edit: Just for the record, here's some breakdowns of actual facts involved in compairing the Jackhammer to the DAO:

Jackhammer:
      Damage: 15 per pellet, 8 pellets per shot = 15 to 120
      Round per clip: 7
      Max potential damage: 840

DAO:
      Damage 12 per pellet, 8 pellets per shot = 12 to 96
      Rounds per clip: 12
      Max potential damage: 1152

Also note that the jackhammer tends to empty very fast. This results in a lot of wastage. It's unlikely that you can score more than one kill per clip (I've managed to get 3, but I was damned lucky). You only get 6 clips. So that boils down to about 6 to 12 kills if your lucky.

The DAO, on the otherhand, is much better at avoiding waste. Since you have to actually pull the trigger each time you want a shot, you can control how many rounds you put into a target much more easily. When you reload, you don't lose any rounds that remain in the gun. I feel bad any time it takes me more than 5 rounds to put someone down. I average about 3, but you can do it in 2. This means that you can get 11 to 29 kills without needing resupply!

It's also worth noting that you can break the reload cycle on the DAO. Just switch to any other weapon while you are reloading, then switch back, and you'll be able to blaze away again.

Comment

Honestly Wing, you're wrong. We understand that you prefer the Jackhammer, but you prefer an inferior weapon. The DAO-12, and the pump shotguns for that matter, are both far more effective and user friendly.

Comment

no, trust me im not WRONG
          those stats were probaly from before the patches, and i know that per shot, the MKJACKHAMMER does more damage.
          the DAO may have more ammo in its magazine, but it take more shots to kill som1 with it as well.

if the jackhammer had 12 shots, every1 would be using that.
          thats why it doesnt have more the 7 shots, cause it would be too powerful.

and i wasnt comparing the g36c to the DAO you numnut, i was giving extra advice mr. experienced know it all.
          and that max potential damage is probaly for the ammont of ammo with it.
          get it? with 7 shots, the jackhammer has 840

for 12 shot the DAO has 1152
          but for 7 shots how much damage will the DA0 cause?? how much would the jackhammer cause if it had 12?

Comment

Wing, you're retarded and obviously not worth the time it would take to hold your hand and walk you through the reasons why you're retarded.

I suggest you shutup and listen to people that are obviously (and painfully) smarter than you. Once you manage to do that, maybe you'll graduate to a non-retarded staus.

Comment

Comment

oh really you h*re , well i think your just a BS artist that trys to act like he know what he's talking about, when he cant except any1 else's word cause he thinks he got it all figured out.
                you havnt thought about that the total potential damage for the DAO might be higher bacause it has more shot then the jackhammer.
                what do you think the jackhammers total potential damage would be if it had 12 shots?
                oh but i geuss thats just a stupid question rite?
                idiot

Comment

you keep setting off the sensors, wing.

Comment

gun wise, jackhammer IS a better weapon, when you can train yourself to do one thing: ignore the ammo count.

Jackhammer has less recoil, a lot more damage in practice, and is more accurate. additionally, ammos are pretty much everywhere, really, and the fast reload accompanied by the jackhammer can be a plus.

I found jackhammer to be diffcult to get used to (engineer doesn;t have armor), but it is a good gun.

I would say that it's DIFFERENT from DAO12, not necessarily better or worse.

Comment

i do? how come it keeps poping up on your post than?
                      nope, geuss its just you.

how come wargimp aint talking now?

Comment

Hey hey, chill out. No need to turn this into a flame war!

Both opinions are viable, just leave it at that. Agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
                          gun wise, jackhammer IS a better weapon, when you can train yourself to do one thing: ignore the ammo count.

Jackhammer has less recoil, a lot more damage in practice, and is more accurate. additionally, ammos are pretty much everywhere, really, and the fast reload accompanied by the jackhammer can be a plus.

I found jackhammer to be diffcult to get used to (engineer doesn;t have armor), but it is a good gun.

I would say that it's DIFFERENT from DAO12, not necessarily better or worse.
                          Agreed.

For it's class, however, it's my opinion that the DAO is an overall better upgrade. If I could ditch any unlock I've taken so far, it would be the jackhammer. I'm happy with my MP-7 tho, so *meh*.

Point is, different strokes for different folks. Personal taste makes "better" subjective.
                          Originally posted by \\«WÎÑG»//
                          how come wargimp aint talking now?
                          You've made it abundantly clear that you aren't worth talking to.
                          Grow up, start making logical posts, and stop making such over the top stupid statments and maybe people will stop rediculing your tendancy to flaunt your ignorance like some kind of badge of honor.
                          Originally posted by Apostle
                          Hey hey, chill out. No need to turn this into a flame war!

Both opinions are viable, just leave it at that. Agree to disagree.
                          Agreed again.
                          It annoies me mildly, however, when a perfectly viable thread is flushed down the tolet by some idiot kid who can't understand the differance between fact and opinion.

Opinion: I don't like the Jackhammer as much as the DAO in terms of overall usefullness to the kit.
                          Fact: Some people like the DAO and some people don't.

Fact: Wing has made statments that shows he doesn't know the differance between an opinion and a fact.
                          Opinion: He's a useless member and these forums would be better off if his hands were fed into a woodchipper.

See how this works?

Comment

Jackhammer has less recoil hence it gives you the option if your a good shot to take out the enemy quick, I've died with single shots with these things on Kharkand. However More shells > Less recoil.

In the end it comes to personal opinion. Stat wise, the DAO is a stronger, better weapon.

Comment

What's funny about all of this DAO > Jackhammer > DAO is that the original poster didn't ask which is better between the 2. I love the DAO and would prefer it to the Jackhammer if I could use either.

Though, I did get my vet engineer combat medal badge using the jackhammer (and some mines) on Karkand. You just have to be really close to the person and protect yourself while you reload.

Comment

Wing, you're retarded and obviously not worth the time it would take to hold your hand and walk you through the reasons why you're retarded.

I suggest you shutup and listen to people that are obviously (and painfully) smarter than you. Once you manage to do that, maybe you'll graduate to a non-retarded staus.
                                Yeah, I know, who does he think he is stating his oppinion like that? ||ass||variable?

Someone with a post count like wing's can't go around saying stuff like:

Honestly Wing, you're wrong. We understand that you prefer the Jackhammer, but you prefer an inferior weapon. The DAO-12, and the pump shotguns for that matter, are both far more effective and user friendly.
                                It totally ignores the elitist social hierarchy.

Your pathetic Wargimp, you'll go around attacking anyone at the slightest "justification" you can get as long as they are new. Not a big, scary veteran who's made some friends and gained other people's respect from experience. Your name should be "warwimp". I've seen you express your oppinion this way before too...except with less back up.........and far more irritatingly.

I'm sick of having to verbally slap you in the face everytime you have a bad day. And maybe you'd have fewer days if you would stop sullying the name of carbon based life forms.

Comment

Working...
                                X