Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

Originally posted by Wargimp
    There are some real issue that need adressing. AA tracking is a problem currently. It's not subjective, it's just broken.

As for these other "fixes" they seem to be mixed between not required/asked for and really bad ways to solve issues that people want tweeked.

I know it's arrogant of me, but seriously... I'm a trained mechanics designer and this lack of vision makes me want to scream!
    lol... well AA could be improved, yes. although I, as a sucky pilot, dont really think it's that necessary. but i dont mind. for all the rest of the fixes, i'm hardly looking forward to them. especially that "jump and shoot" fix, how many successful FPS games, which dont allow u jump and shoot at the same time, can you think of? that's probably one of the reasons that i only play DoD with my friends instead of playing it in leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      There are some real issue that need adressing. AA tracking is a problem currently. It's not subjective, it's just broken.

As for these other "fixes" they seem to be mixed between not required/asked for and really bad ways to solve issues that people want tweeked.

I know it's arrogant of me, but seriously... I'm a trained mechanics designer and this lack of vision makes me want to scream!
      I'm telling you - you'd be hard-pressed to find a design team more disconnected from its own product.

If they played half as often as we did, they'd realize very quickly that nixing shooting while jumping has a whole series of negative ancillary effects - among other things.

Comment

What is dolphin divers and all the other stuff?

Comment

Dolphin diving is when u jump up, and prone in the air, it looks retarded and it's like impossible to be hit that way. Anyways, i'm hapy that the G3 and L85 are being improved, as well as sniper rifles, LMGs, and smgs, i hope this patch comes out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
            Dolphin diving is when u jump up, and prone in the air, it looks retarded and it's like impossible to be hit that way. Anyways, i'm hapy that the G3 and L85 are being improved, as well as sniper rifles, LMGs, and smgs, i hope this patch comes out soon.
            off topic, btw ur location is out of date.

Comment

- Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
              Not neccesairy, but im pretty sure pilots can overcome by aiming better.

- TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range

Good idea, if you dont have a LOS to your target, you shouldnt fire, because you dont know if anything is there. If you do know something is there, likely you are exploiting game mechanics.

- Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced

Ace, thats a good thing. Im sick of helicopters loitering over flags with that gatling cannon ripping everything to shreds below. Boom and zoom boys, boom and zoom.

- AA missile lock has been improved

Speaks for itself.

- Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
              - Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
              - Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy

I asume accuracy has been improved, thats good, the support gun needs it, sniper rifles not so much tho, and the mp5 is beyong redemption.. at least i thought it was. Lets just hope Dice didnt go overboard.

- "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible

That means no-one will be getting on that particular roof on karkand.. aaaaand, no more silly "avoid the lead while reloading m203" dances, kickass.

- Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time

Im not sure about this one, but i suppose its for the greater good, its going to stop those noobtoob bunnies plugging you from close up and surviving it. But its also going to stop me from trowing nades really far, and doing my "AT over the fence" thing. Oh well..

- "Prone Spamming" is now fixed

No more getting up and flopping down again at the speed of light? No loss there..

- "Sprint exploit" is now fixed

Buh? what exploit?

- The Sa80 weapon has been improved
              - The G3A3 weapon has been improved

They can both use a little boosting, the G3 doesnt really do what its suppost to. Its the sodding RIFLE version of the g36c and yet is less accurate, and lacks a big enough ammo pool.
              The Sa80.. its not super accurate, and the damage seems rather low, havent used it much myself tho.

- Reload while sprinting has been enabled

Uh, okay, cool, i suppose..:|:

- Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials

The US one can? news to me.. well, good they fixed that.

- Damage decreased for the M134

Awesome, hopefully its offensive capability will be more like that of the Mec/Pla's flying cows now. ITS A TRANSPORT, the bf2 version is not a gunship

- Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use

How nice of dice to notice, cos i didnt.. then again im a ATnoob.

Comment

Originally posted by x0pht
                off topic, btw ur location is out of date.
                Ya, i'm too lazy to change, i back in the MA, USA.

Comment

never heard or seen these in game.

Prone Spamming" is now fixed

Comment

i want them to make the conection problems and lost connection to server bs to stop

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                      never heard or seen these in game.

Prone Spamming" is now fixed
                      I think prone spamming is also known as prone jumping. U rapidly press Z and space bar and it ooks like ur jumping while lying down. It's really cheap and ur really hard to hit when ur doing it. ALso, dang that sux for the part about jumping and throwing nades. I think u should still be able to throw nades when jumping, cause that's the only way u can throw it far.

Comment

NO, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOOOOOOOO. MY CHOPPER WHORING DAYS ARE OVER!!!!! I'm glad I got my helo service ribbons before this went in effect though. But seriously, why do they have to make everything so balanced now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                          I think prone spamming is also known as prone jumping. U rapidly press Z and space bar and it ooks like ur jumping while lying down. It's really cheap and ur really hard to hit when ur doing it. ALso, dang that sux for the part about jumping and throwing nades. I think u should still be able to throw nades when jumping, cause that's the only way u can throw it far.
                          I sent a private message to the relations guy who posted the patch list reminding him that they should still allow throwing grenades and support/health packs while jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by AT39
                            But seriously, why do they have to make everything so balanced now.
                            because DICE suddenly wants to satisfy a group of players and stop them from whining by sacrificing another group of players' fun.

actually game is just like life, u can never find a balanced point to meet everyone's needs.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                              I sent a private message to the relations guy who posted the patch list reminding him that they should still allow throwing grenades and support/health packs while jumping.
                              THANKYOU SO MUCH MAN. YOU ARE D MAN.

Comment

i think that survey might have helped a little...

Comment

Working...
                                X