Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
    - AA missile lock has been improved
    - Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
    - "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
    - Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time*
    - "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
    - "Sprint exploit" is now fixed**
    - Reload while sprinting has been enabled
    - Chinese and MEC APCs can now shoot through penetrable materials
    - Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
    Only things that I see as good fixes. The rest are for the whiners out there and are simply more steps toward making Battlefield toddler-friendly. Bet the next patch makes the help messages always occur every game and have a little children's song jingle written to'em for cater to the kids as well.

* Agreed that there had better be some grenade and medic/supply bag throwing still in the game. However, C4 I'm not so sure about it.
    ** WTF is sprint exploiting?

Comment

Originally posted by guidon666
      What branch & MOS you joining?
      The one with all the semen i mean seamen lol the Navy. Aviation Ordnance/Explosive Ordnance Disposal. So I might not be in a ship with a bunch of seamen if I make it to EOD.

Comment

<-- Anxiously awaiting new flood of "Dude, they screwed up the XXXX with the new patch" threads.

Why doesn't everyone that whines realize that sometimes YOU have to adapt to the game, YOU choose to play? When you go play football, or tennis, or whatever, do you start whining and trying to change rules because you're getting beat?

First and foremost they should fix the few bugs that are in the online gaming before fixing any game play, once the game is right, then fix the play.

For EVERY grief that people have about the play, there is a counter, just learn how to implement them, and use them to your advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
          <-- Anxiously awaiting new flood of "Dude, they screwed up the XXXX with the new patch" threads.

Why doesn't everyone that whines realize that sometimes YOU have to adapt to the game, YOU choose to play? When you go play football, or tennis, or whatever, do you start whining and trying to change rules because you're getting beat?
          lmao so true.

Comment

sounds good generally, but its a pity theres no mention of sorting out the noob tubers.

With the dolphin diving thing i sceptical because i cant really se how they could disable that? I mean what are they going to do? Disable going prone?

Comment

Originally posted by AviationOrdnance
              The one with all the semen i mean seamen lol the Navy. Aviation Ordnance/Explosive Ordnance Disposal. So I might not be in a ship with a bunch of seamen if I make it to EOD.
              EOD would be such a fun job.

Is an EA Sports football game?

Comment

Originally posted by big_sammy_b
                sounds good generally, but its a pity theres no mention of sorting out the noob tubers.

With the dolphin diving thing i sceptical because i cant really se how they could disable that? I mean what are they going to do? Disable going prone?
                A line of code that says while your in the air, you can't fire, or that won't enable prone function unless you are on the ground, probably pretty simple really.

Comment

Oh god i can see it now all the bunny hoppers and dolphin divers and going to start complaining now lol oh well,glad to see them actually doing some things about gameplay now what about other issue about the game like SF,wonder if there going to do something about that

Comment

Hopefully the machine guns will be more accurate, if so, look out for the big bad PKM

Comment

Bad analogy. American football rules have changed pretty frequently over the past 100+ years. Learn before you post

Some things ought to be adapted to, yes, but other things are disruptive and unbalanced. It's up to us (the players) to make all of the variations on gameplay known and up to DICE to decide what makes the most sense within their design model. Actually, DICE ought to do both but that ship has sailed.

Comment

YES! I'm so excited!

Comment

I hate bunny hopping, but what if the solution is to remove jumping all together? That's not good. There are legitimate times when one has to jump over things.

Thank god about the AA though. The current state of AA is just rediculous - last night I was manning the Essex AA system on Iron Gator. The damn MEC transport chopper was heading straight for me -- didn't evade, didn't drop flares, nothing, just coming right at me -- I fire all 8 SAMs and NONE OF THEM HIT!?!? What the hell? At least give me a 50/50 chance in a situation like that!

Comment

And yet still nothing on the tk punish system..I don't care what you all say! Being punished makes me want to say

It's clobberin' time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                              I hate bunny hopping, but what if the solution is to remove jumping all together? That's not good. There are legitimate times when one has to jump over things.

Thank god about the AA though. The current state of AA is just rediculous - last night I was manning the Essex AA system on Iron Gator. The damn MEC transport chopper was heading straight for me -- didn't evade, didn't drop flares, nothing, just coming right at me -- I fire all 8 SAMs and NONE OF THEM HIT!?!? What the hell? At least give me a 50/50 chance in a situation like that!
                              Yea, I'm not thrilled with the preliminary bunny hop solution either - but I expect that they'll tweak it between now and release in the next month.

Comment

I believe this patch will significantly change the way the game is played (and has been played). I think they should reset the rankings after the patch. I doubt they will.

Comment

Working...
                                X