Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

I'm sick of EA taking 30 days to make a patch that just screws us over. Oh I'm sorry did I say 30 I meant to say 60..

Comment

I always thought the reloading while sprinting wasn't an expliot, since you just hit reload and sprint for cover. If they remove that, then i'd feel a bit dissappointed. Yet most of the patch looks good, especially improving accuracies of some weapons that claim to be accurate, such as the G3A3.

Comment

The upcoming changes planned for the update do not really burn me at all. Simply because, i never figured out how to bunny hop, nor could i tell you what dolphin diving is....

Comment

I cant wait for this patch, yay.

Comment

It's clobberin' time!

Comment

Oh man... I was afraid of this.
              Looks like they've heard the complants and have moved to fix them in THE COMPLETELY WRONG WAYS!!

GAH!

Why is it that so many people in the industry get paid for not knowing how to do their jobs?

Easy fix for bunny hopping: Make jumping use more sprint energy (aprox 1 3rd).
              Fixing AA: I did an extensive post on this awhile back. Repair tracking, uses proximity detonated fuses, lower PLANE armor ONLY.

I'm all for making fixes, especially to bunny hopping and AA, but I predict that these tweeks are going to have unexpected negitive impact. Choppers are going to become next to usless. You will no-longer be able to toss C4 over walls or stick it up on flag poles (since you can't jump and toss). Snipers will poliferate like bunnies in the cabage patch.

Seriously... I think I need to get back in the industry. Good design is a dying art.

Comment

well i think most of the patch stuff sounds good. the gp30 thing i think is really just a problem with the splash damage, if that goes off anywhere withing 10-15 feet of you you should be damaged severly, but in game nubs shoot at 2 feet while in mid air and prone and kill me but no damage to themselves. This and the AA thing are the only real things that bother me.

Oh yea one more thing bothers me, NO SHIPS AND OCEAN COMBAT, i miss driving a destroyer and taking out the jap carriers, and of course the subs, silent death

Comment

they dont need to mess with the TV missle its just fine.

Comment

Hahahah yes! no more bunny hopping noob tubers!! and it will also stop the c4 whoring too, because if you cant fire when you jump how you going to jump, throw a c4 pack an detonate it!? *rejoice* i have to admit though i will miss the dolphin diving..

meh..it'll be ages till its out anyways!

Comment

Dude Hypnosis, your machine is crazy...good work man!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCaz
                        I believe this patch will significantly change the way the game is played (and has been played). I think they should reset the rankings after the patch. I doubt they will.
                        Why the *H* would they reset the rankings?!?! How can you even suggest that? That's not even a good suggestion!

Comment

Okay, what now to exploit...

Comment

Thanks for sharing this info with us, wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Even though it's on the EA forum, I'm still pretty suspicious of it. Reading through it, I couldn't help but notice many many little grammatical and spelling mistakes scattered throughout it.

Short TV Missile ranges and helicopters with less ammo will severely limit the helicopter class. If you ask me, what should have been done was reduce the missiles to maybe 10, reduce the ammo for the gunner (both missiles and machine gun), and pump up the pathetic machine gun of the chinese.

Glad to hear AA has been ugpraded, just like it already has been. Several times. Let's hope it actually works half-decent this time.

Nice to know that support, sniper, and anti-tank are all getting a much needed boost to accuracy. Dolphin diving, prone spamming, and jump shooting have all been removed, which is great for those without shotguns. The sprint exploit is beyond me, as I have never heard of it. SA80 would be the L85, which really needed an accuracy fix, though the G3 seemed fine for me.

I am SO happy with the shock paddle fix. I made it instinct to wait for a full recharge of them before switching to my main gun, so I'm not stuck with uncharged paddles when I need the most. This is FANTASTIC.

Overall, seems like a pretty decent patch. Some good sides, some bad sides. Nothing done for the red name bug, or some of the other things that people complained about a lot, but some things that some of us haven't even considered. Can't wait to see which bugs will come with this patch, =)

~Salad

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                              Oh man... I was afraid of this.
                              Looks like they've heard the complants and have moved to fix them in THE COMPLETELY WRONG WAYS!!

GAH!

Why is it that so many people in the industry get paid for not knowing how to do their jobs?

Easy fix for bunny hopping: Make jumping use more sprint energy (aprox 1 3rd).
                              Fixing AA: I did an extensive post on this awhile back. Repair tracking, uses proximity detonated fuses, lower PLANE armor ONLY.

I'm all for making fixes, especially to bunny hopping and AA, but I predict that these tweeks are going to have unexpected negitive impact. Choppers are going to become next to usless. You will no-longer be able to toss C4 over walls or stick it up on flag poles (since you can't jump and toss). Snipers will poliferate like bunnies in the cabage patch.

Seriously... I think I need to get back in the industry. Good design is a dying art.
                              Developers and designers playing their own games is the lost art.

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork

Short TV Missile ranges and helicopters with less ammo will severely limit the helicopter class. If you ask me, what should have been done was reduce the missiles to maybe 10, reduce the ammo for the gunner (both missiles and machine gun), and pump up the pathetic machine gun of the chinese.
                                In clan matches copters are very powerful. TV-guide can destroy tanks even before they have moved a inch.

Comment

Working...
                                X