Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: To all of you bunny hoppers, dolphin divers, and apologists...

I think that the accuracy was fine on the guns as it was. However, I will agree that the hopping issue should be resolved. It may not be the best solution but it is a solution. Everything else will just take a little more finesse is all.

Comment

I'm happy to see they are making changes. I don't necessarily agree on the way they are making some of the changes but they do what they can within the limitations of the game engine.

After reading all 12 pages of this, I see there are quite a few different opinions on the subject. The fact is, things should be changed. For those that say that we are whiners or what not, I suggest you sit back and take a look at what this game is supposed to be. It was marketed as a military style game in which you could simulate tactics. Just take a look at this clip off of EA's BF2 website:

"...players will need to know the difference between concealment and cover in order to survive."

I rarely see this... Here's another quick clip:

"...brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics..."

Again, bunnyhopping with full gear as high as they do in game and repeated dolphin diving is not my idea of realistic physics.

You see, we as the consumers who bought this game, were led to believe that this would be some sort of realistic game so we have ample reason to voice our opinions (or, whine, for some of you other folks) about how this game is not quite how it was marketed.

So for those of you who have learned the game how it is now, I suspect you are kind of upset that your "skills" may no longer be valid and now the smarter player may have a chance against you. Like it was said before, heaven forbid you actually have to use some sort of tactics now.

Comment

they should have left the airplanes the same and just increased the damage of the AA.

Comment

yes he's right. Ciao

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
            they should have left the airplanes the same and just increased the damage of the AA.

No, they shouldnt have.

Planes are gay and ruin the ground game.

IMO the best pilot is the one keeping the enemy jets from bombing the ground units.

Comment

Dang!!

Ciao....
              Caio ....
              Chow....

Now I am hungry.

Comment

fix the bleepin' M95. .50 CALIBER CAN PUNCH A HOLE IN EIGHT CHILDREN LINED UP.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
                  No they shouldnt have.

The AA is and always will be static, good pilots send bullets towards the gunner before he even knows a plane is near. Same goes for good helicopter pilots. They dont take enough damage from small arms, tanks and rockets. I had enough of being raped by the m28 on Sharqi and the Z10 on Wake. Let them be a little more carefull.

Comment

man they are getting rid of dolphin dive now i wont be able to exit the windows on the warlord palace when im being chased.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
                      Planes are gay and ruin the ground game.
                      That's what the Iraqi's said too but you don't hear them whining telling the coaltion to weaken their armor so their pistols can shoot down planes going mach1 or faster, hmm?

The planes do NOT need to have a reduction in HP. The tracking systems all together need to be reworked. A reduction in HP is just the, quite frankly, noobish way out. Fix the AA missiles, and add some mobile AA units. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
                        That's what the Iraqi's said too but you don't hear them whining telling the coaltion to weaken their armor so their pistols can shoot down planes going mach1 or faster, hmm?

The planes do NOT need to have a reduction in HP. The tracking systems all together need to be reworked. A reduction in HP is just the, quite frankly, noobish way out. Fix the AA missiles, and add some mobile AA units. Problem solved.
                        Yeah, i agree, but i say helis should be nerfed. I think after 100 pkm rounds (7.62x54mm rimmed) right straight in the cockpit should down a heli. Same with an AT missile right at the cockpit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                          Yeah, i agree, but i say helis should be nerfed. I think after 100 pkm rounds (7.62x54mm rimmed) right straight in the cockpit should down a heli. Same with an AT missile right at the cockpit.
                          That's no reason to down their HP all together. That's an issue that should be taken up with the material interactions. Tank shells? Psh, those should shred a helicopter. And I agree, you put 100 of those bullets in a cockpit you should either kill the pilot or screw the avionics up in that thing, which would be an issue to take up with make it a critical location to hit, not reduce the HP. EA/DICE simply aren't thinking these fixes through. They're just pulling them outta their butt and slapping code to it.

Comment

not to sound stupid but wtf is dolphin diving?

Comment

Originally posted by {9thInf}Scott121
                              not to sound stupid but wtf is dolphin diving?
                              prone-jump-prone-jump-prone . . .

the character looks like it's lying down and suddenly levitating about 6 feet up. Makes it very hard to kill them, and apparently gives them good aim.

Comment

Silly question as I have looked through the posts, (which I admit i might have missed the answer).

But fixed for accuracy: has it been stated that this means MORE accurate? Or did dice/ea think that they were allready too accurate and made them less?

Comment

Working...
                                X