Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

every signle person here needs to read this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: every signle person here needs to read this.

Top tip, don t like the rules set by the community or server, leave. Find people who agree with you, play there.
    People complaining about the community not beng in favor of them are like 5 year olds complaining that a group of friends won t let him play football/soccer.:cry: :cry:

Wha wha wha wha wha.Bitching.

No such things as jet whores, tank whores. So one person likes to use that vehicle. Better him than a noob shooting you in the back.

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood you then.

Comment

I am also of the group that do not like 'cheap' tactics and to not use them myself.
        It's borderline grief playing because deep down they know that many people don't like it so they do it anyway.

The grenade launchers are cheap because they are effectively the only 1 shot kill weapons in the game. Even the M95 is not a 1 shot all the time. Within it's effective splach radius the GL is a 1 shot kill 9 out of 10 times.
        Now I'm not saying that's bad. It's actually realistic (except to not killing the shooter too).
        The fact that they've nerfed every other weapon that should be a 1 shot kill and left the GL alone is the problem.
        In order to fix is AND be consistent is to NOT make it a 1 shot kill ALL the time. Like they did with the M95.

The other problem the BF community has with the GLs is that BF games generally are not 'twitch' fests.
        A kill should not come down to who can fire the GL first.
        This game is about tactics. Something that most other shooters lack.
        CS, Quake, Unreal...those are all twich fests that rely on who gets the 'jump' on who first with their 1 shot weapon. Something that BF games have NEVER been about and something that the community doesn't put up with.

DC got rid of GL launchers if you recall because they ruined the gameplay for the very same reason.

AT missle 'sniping' is also lame (which no one seems to mentiont here) because your using the weapon is a manner that it wasn't intended.
        Remember DC Stinger Sniping? Same thing. They fixed it and good fair gameplay resumed.
        You need to actually hit vehicles for it to be effective anyway so lower the splash on the missle but keep the direct damage.

The Jets are only over powered because the AA totally Sux.
        Any newb who can fly can get in a plane and ring up points because the only thing that can take them down is themselves...or a tree.
        Fix the AA to a proper level and the Air is no longer over powered but still can be effective in the right hands. Then is comes down to skill.

Basecamping...I don't really have a problem with it in this game.
        The design of the game (Commander assets and all) actually promotes it.
        Besides...if you push a team back to their base...you still have to fight to keep them there.

Ramming jets into Helos (or anything for that matter) is lame too.
        Again...using a weapon/vehicle in a manner that it wasn't intended.
        It's also the most skilless tactic.
        Yes the AA missles suck on the planes to but that doesn't mean you have to 'dart' the thing.

All of my opinions apply to playing on public servers.
        Clan matches, leagues/ladders, scrims...I'm all for 'whatever it takes'.
        Do the BF community a favor though and 'practice' your 'whatever it takes' tactics during you practice scrims or at the very least on server who promote those tactics.
        Don't get mad at server admins who kick for it.
        Certainly don't get upset at the community simply because we disagree.

DICE's testing teams have always bee notorious for missing stuff.
        IMO BF2 has a long way to go before it's balanced.

Let's be honest...these kinds of 'tactics' have the potential to lower the player base. EA/DICE wouldn't want that so these things will be fixed in time.

(Boy that was longer than I intended)

Comment

There will always be tactics that have high effectiveness and low effort. Whether or not any one of us chooses to use them is a personal choice based on a variety of personal reasons (focus on winning, focus on fun, focus on pride in not doing the easy thing, focus on being different, etc).

So what else is there to say?

Comment

Working...
          X