Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the Hind american or Russian?

Originally posted by 12-RST-
    OMG, are u mental? If you're talkin from a BF2 standpoint, you can't know, cuz the apache isn't in the game, thats a COBRA! and if you really wanna debate this, I will go obtain all kinds of specs why the 40 year old Hind doesn't hold a drop of water to the 20 year old Apache, gimme a break. I don't canre if you're an Anti-American Canadian or not like all these other fools, this isn;t about the helo's birth nation, it's about facts!!! do you're homework Sally...
    "Thats a funny question LMFAO, it's american and the Chinook is Pakistani. The Apache is norwegian"

Please shut your mouth before all the verbal diarrhea that you have stored pukes out.

Here you are talking about how Apaches own all and you can't provide a single FACT or specification as to why.

You don't even know what a Mi-28 Havoc is. What kind of a moron spouts off about attack helo's when they don't compare them to their foreign counter-part?

The Hind IS FASTER, more heavily armored, and is able to carry a reduced rifle platoon. It is also old, with outdated fire control, yet still effective as an attack helo.

The Mi-28N is at least the equal of the Apache in flight performance, carries a greater warload, has a more powerful and much more accurate cannon.

The ONLY advantage I can think of for the Apache is better solid state electronics and filter programmes used for its fire control radar and IR sensors.

If I was going to war I would rather have the Night Havoc than the Longbow Apache.

Next time you want to spout off about all the awesome propaganda you have memorized verbatim without even once finding out for yourself, stick your head back up your a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
      Little know fact on Apachies:
      As a rule of thumb, for every 15 minutes of flight it requires 1 hour of ground service.
      Standard rule of thumb for all US military helicopters. It's called PMCS (Preventive maintenance Checks and Services) So. No big deal here.

I also liken it to "car service shop labor/hour" sheets you can find at most automotive repair shops. Cant really tell me that the guy fixing your car really took the entire time the "Book/Chart" tells him it is going to take but charges you for it anyway. (An example: Recently had the AC low power switch replaced in my Yukon.... Was charged for 2 hours labor (As dictated in the service manual) yet the work was done in about 30 minutes (makes me wish I knew more about car repairs)

'Nother interesting one:
      The main gun on the Apache was a feasco. During design, it was found that the barrel was too long and it caused the servos that move it to burn out in fairly short order. To fix this, they just cut down the barrel lenght. This caused it to be horribly inaccurate. To qualify the weapon system, all you had to do was hit a target at a certain distance (the exact number escapes me ATM). The rules didn't say how many shots you were allowed. So, they just kept on shooting until a bullet finally landed on the target and called it qualified. "Usless" was the term the people used who had to actually use the thing! Several re-fits later, and it's been improved, but it's still fans like a SOB.
      The gun is accurate as hell. If the helicopter has been harmonized (Aviation term for zeroing the cannon to the sight system). If the system has not been harmonized it is no different than having an unzeroed rifle.

Aviation qualification on their gunnery ranges has allways been a joke (To those of us who are on the ground and required to put 1 120mm round into a target as oposed to splash effect). but the weapons on the Apache have proven themselves time and time again.

Comment

Keep in mind the following is soley an opinion and is allways up for further discussion as I would like to hear other's input.

I think 1 place of error we are using to compare any of the helicopters is: Speed.

Speed doesnt really come into effect to really help anything tactically on the battlefield in regards to helicopters (Unless you are concerened when they will get to you once you call for them... which can be very important) Helicopters are not outrunning missiles... bullets... etc

I think more valid points of comparison would be:

- Time on station (How long will they be where you need them)
        - Range (of the helicopter... not it's weapons)
        - Weapon capabilities (drawing the line as to what is avail now as opossed to what is avail in the future)
        countermeasures
        - Crew comfort (Yeah... this sounds wuss, but crew comfort adds to their "alertness" and lack of fatigue which keeps them flying longer without haing to divert due to fighter management... what we used to call crew rest)
        - Night & Day capabilities
        - maneuvarability
        - stealth (radar / IR / noise signatures...)
        - As a side one: Comabt load in various theaters: As the Apache suffered from the same thing the Hind suffered in Afghanistan. higher altitude, thinner air, temps... reduce weapons loads and fuel (various mixes of each) Had to decide to go weapons heavy... or fuel heavy)

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.... I know in aprevious post I stated speed, and that is what got me thinking that it is not a very good thing of measurment when speed is not really much of a factor on the battlefield... other than simply getting there.

Much like the M1 series tank is capable of about 50+ mph... but that doesnt help me a whole lot unless I am simply trying to get somewhere in a hurry.

Comment

I love the hind, just cause its Russian lol. But I remember watching this program on TV once about hind's, and how the pilots of Hinds hate them. Why? because during the russian-afgan war, the good old usa gave the rebels something called the stinger missile launcher. For the hind, it was death sentence. Pilots would constantly request different posts and jobs becasue it was so bad. So what does that mean? Its most likely a death setence for any chopper. cause you see....in real life, using stingers, unlike in bf2, they actually track and hit things you lock on to...and it usually only takes one shot. Lol. But don't get me wrong, i love both of the choppers just because they are very cool. I really don't care which is better, and i laugh at how some of you guys are getting so strung up over it. We dont know which is better! The two haven't gone head to head before!

Comment

its half and half

Comment

Originally posted by pentium
              OMG yanky nubs! It frustrates and generall ****es me off when yankies brag about what they have accomplished :x Firstly, the British are well known to have the best education in the world which is why when you get a degree here people all over the world want you. You talk about building the Apache etc but who are the real brains behind it? Yes, the Brits! Due to States being able to provide the benefits and better salaries you simply take the best from here in the UK and work in the states. It is a fact and this has been said in BBC news as well as in mulitple Computer magazines. You dumb ****s in the States can't even program a simply "Hello World" application if it was thrown in your face, so please STFU with all your crap about how America is great.
              Sorry can't resist this, wouldn't you be speaking German now if it weren't for us nubs? Oh I forgot, your the smarter species there on that island.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus
                Sorry can't resist this, wouldn't you be speaking German now if it weren't for us nubs? Oh I forgot, your the smarter species there on that island.
                hmmm another american who thinks their role in d day on was the saving grace of the world

history shows america did not commit to the world war effort until it was attacked by the japanese at pearl harbour.... once they learned the island of the us was valnerable to attack it decided to contribute to the was effort against the axis forces!!!! at that point it was just a matter of time before the world triumphed ove hitler !!

Comment

Originally posted by guidon666
                  Program was killed about 2-3 years ago.... so I would say it is pretty slow.

I know nothing of the Coast Guard.... other than their border protection missions. And while I too seriously doubt Fallout was an Apache pilot.... dont be too suprised at who you may run into on the forums. I know several Apache Pilots who play the game religiously as well as visit the forum here.

King_Nothing100: Thanks... wasnt sure about the Chinook speed and it probly was the Lynx I was thinking about but didnt recall the rocket assist.

Anzen: Why would you think the Tiger is better than the Apache. Not questioning your opinion or looking for an argument.. just curious as to the reasoning... you were not very specific.

Was the Comanche really scrapped??! That couldv pwned an apache, u seen how the can roll those things.

O and who designed n built the Harrier?? BRITS :P, the yanks always have to copy summit. and wats with how they say aluminium? lol aluuuuminum

Comment

Originally posted by ScOpE
                    Was the Comanche really scrapped??! That couldv pwned an apache, u seen how the can roll those things.
                    Yes it was.

The apache can roll, loop, split S, barrel roll too. But there is no practical aplication for any helicopter to do this as it does not fool any weapon system (except non-guided) in a combat zone.

Comment

Working...
                    X