Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The core causes behind BF 2's jet situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The core causes behind BF 2's jet situation.

{You can bitch and moan about it all you want}

You are the one doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Habloc
      I guess you haven't defended a flag...
      Actually, I defend quite a bit. I didn't mean to imply that it's not a problem, nor a major pain in the backside. Rather I just ment that I haven't seen it be as large a problem as some folks make it out to be.

It's not a game breaker, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Thunderbolt
      ROFL We need Patriot Missiles. The new ones are cool I hear. I even think they have a proximity fuse in the Patriot IIs.
      Yeah, the PAC II missiles have prox warheads, but they were VERY unreliable in Desert Storm. The problem is the warhead would go off and dissasemble the target scud in flight, but since the target's warhead was already armed, the sucker would just fall on random stuff and kill civies. There was a case involved where a fire crew was charged for causing civilian casualties when they fired on a SCUD that was off target, but when they hit it, it fell on a village instead of impacting in the open desert where it was going to land if they had left it alone.

The PAC III (the newest warhead), I just don't get at all. It doesn't even HAVE a warhead! It's supposed to smack into the target with enough force to destroy it with pure kenetic energy. This is a proven BAD IDEA.
      I suspect that the only reason for the move is because the PAC III is WAY cheaper than the PAC II. This makes selling it easier. In that case, who cares if it work or not?

Those Hinds are F'ing HUGE. No wonder they were able to hit one with an unguided AT rocket...
      It's odd, but unguided RPG rounds were more useful at taking those suckers out than stingers.

Someone else mentioned that they thought that stingers were prox fused and used frag warheads. They were right and that was actually my point. The frag warheads work so well on planes because they have no armor. You could punch a hole in one with a good swing from a ice pick! When used against armored helocopters, they tend to just make lots of scratches in the paint job.

THUS, it supports my tweek ideas. If the armor on aircraft was low enough, you could make the AA missiles low damaging prox fuse weapons with a fairly high splash WITHOUT making helos suffer over-much.

Dice needs to give me a job!

Comment

I had a situation the other night upon joining a server running operation clean sweep. On entering the server as mec there was just one flag left to us. Everytime we spawned the timing of the plane and its payload took everybody out. When respawning it was back again in time to do the same. The guy racked up the kills and was havin a ball. Just thinkin maybe they could change the reload speed for the bombs on the planes a little slower so they make 3 passes over airfield to get em? Would have given us a bit more of a fighting chance to cap another flag.

Comment

Found some good info on the stinger, just in case anyone is interested in these things:

In flight, the missile's seeker head and guidance electronics can follow a target manoeuvering at more than 8g. In the immediate vicinity of the target, the guidance logic will be biased so that the missile homes on a particularly vulnerable part of the target (e.g. the cockpit of an aircraft, instead of the center of its IR signature, the jet exhaust). The 3 kg (6.6 lb) blast-fragmentation warhead is triggered by a proximity and time-delayed impact fuze. Minimum effective range is quoted as 200 m (660 ft).
          Source: http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/stinger.htm

Comment

i think all vehicles should have a weakspot, a place on the vehicle that if hitting it in the right spot can mess it up completely.

for example, hitting a plane on the tail fin.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
              Yes jets have been evolved in BF2, but if you know how to handle them, you can eaily take care of them. Every vehicle and class has a weakness, you just need to know what it is and attack it.
              And the weakness of jets is....

Comment

This is my first post and on a subject I belive needs too be sorted. First The j-10 as pointed out is the best fighter in the game bar none. The reasons why missiles do not hit this plane is due to the fact you can corner in that aircraft so tight the missiles have no effect because they only seem to lock on the exhust of the aircraft. So any body can out manouver the missiles unless there flying straght and level. To solve the problem the planes need to be limited a little in turning capability or change the missiles make them strike the plane in other places not just the rear of the aircraft. sorry for any spelling mistakes in a rush.

Comment

The contraption on the ground, that the poor soldiers get into out of shear desperation after getting killed for the millionth time by a jet, needs to fixed so that they actually CAN shoot down jets without you seeing the damen thing circeling you position while you can see the pilot laughing.

pfew.. if that sentence was to long... heres the translation

Fix the AA implacements

Comment

Aircraft are way too powerful in BF2..

Its becoming nothing but spam-time.. strafing and bombing anything
                    that moves.. an infantry soldier on foot might get shot dead and never
                    have the enemy jet visible on his screen..thats not a fair or fun
                    gaming experience..

and I dont care what all you 'realism' morons say.. 'Well the real
                    jet can do this, and that..' ' BLAH.. give me a break... since when is
                    it important to EA to have been real about this game ???

IT HAS A FRIGGIN MAP THAT SHOWS YOUR ENEMIES ON IT AT ALL
                    TIMES DURING THE GAME !!!! <- HOW CORNY AND UNREAL CAN YOU GET?

So next time you realism freaks go off on some tangent about how
                    this or that matches or doesnt match the real thing... blow it out your
                    arses.. when EA puts in a magical, mystic, fairy talish map that shows
                    not only your enemies location but EVEN THE DIRECTION THEY ARE
                    FACING... OMG.. give me a break..

aircraft ruins BF2.. Im playing 1 game per day now, at most.. its
                    just too corny and full of idiots..USUALLY your commander..

Comment

planewhore isnt really good. looked at his stats, he plays on china team more than even the american side, which almost certainly means he flys the j10 more than any other plane.

Comment

Speedy, you need to start READING posts before you yapp off about them.
                        The subject of realism came up because taking a page for the real world in terms of how anti-aircraft missiles work would help fix them in the game.

Prox fuse + Fragmentation warhead = much more lagg proof missiles.

I also went on to demonstrate how this same idea would help improve things with planes while NOT making helocopters totally usless.

BTW, the map issue you brought up might be unrealistic ATM, but with improvments to infantry gear we might be seeing things like that very soon.

Beside its role as protective gear, the helmet will mount a computerized display which will enable the user to view the weapon's mounted sight as well as computer generated images. Together with alternative displays such as weapon mounted sights and hand held computers these elements will provide remote viewing of mission critical data including maps, images and video from stored or real-time sources.

Comment

If and when they fix the SAM sites, I hope they spend some time on the air to air missles as well. Nothing worse than getting a lock on, firing at that jet (or chopper) that is noo more than 75 mtrs in front and just before it contacts the jet, it makes a 90 degree turn and either damages or destroys a friendly chopper or plane. Sad really. It would be nice too if the air to air rockets would be a dumb fire (straight and true) if there is no target acquired.

Comment

Nice post man, i agree with it 100%

Comment

Psst, Gort...
                              It's the same code.
                              In fact, I'll bet it's exactly the same missile that's fired Surface to Air (from emplacments and vehicles) and Air to Air.

I doubt there's any differance at all.

Comment

F[]ck Yo Couch Charlie Murphy

Comment

Working...
                                X