X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To all you graphics whores

Originally posted by Underpant
    May I critique your choices?

It sounds like you don't know what you're doing.
    If he buys TWO video cards...it is obvious he doesn't know what he is doing...other than wasting money.

Comment

Originally posted by abtomat74
      If he buys TWO video cards...it is obvious he doesn't know what he is doing...other than wasting money.
      Why? You are aware of SLI technology I hope. It probably is wasting money because the performance increase isn't worth it but it isn't 'obvious'.

Comment

Originally posted by GrolscHe
        You needed to run bf42 on low settings with a 5200 fx? I used to have a 5200fx and I ran it on full settings, everything at 80fps constant.
        your smoking that new stuff

Comment

Originally posted by kaine904
          Well boys n' girls, i hear all of u talking about "fancy" hardware like "5600s" and "9200s" and even the god awful "7800". Well, i run my BF2 on a piece of **** dell mobo... i dont even know if it has a name. i also run on a good old fashioned vanilla 5200 GeForce FX. This sucker has lasted me from bf1942 on low graphics, to Doom 3 on low graphics, to Far Cry on low graphics, to Half life Friggen 2 on low graphics. This baby runs EVERYTHING! Even though some may debate the definition of running at the point where one has to run at 800 res all the time... BUT IT DOES IT SMOOTH as silk! I mean i see all these fancy rigs that light up, make your coffe, hell, i saw one that you could fit a midget inside! I bet one of em out there can even kill varmats on demand. I've seen it all, and i always come back to my good ol Betsy Dell.

BUT! I have seen the light, and am currently biulding my next rig. Which of course i will be posting this same post in about 2 years about it.

Case- 480-Watt ATX Form Factor -$100
          Processor- AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 -$850 from Ebay
          Mobo- Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe -$125 from Ebay
          Memory- Twin 1gb PC-3200 DDR -$200 from Ebay
          DVD-Rom- Pioneer DVR (dl) - $40 from Ebay
          CD-RW- Plextor 52x32x52 -Who Cares Dirt Cheep ($20)
          Floppy- Do i have to write it out? ($8)
          Hard Drive- 200gb Samsung (already own it)
          Sound Card- Creative Labs SB Audigy 2 ZS - $70 from Ebay
          Video Card- Two 256mb GeForce 7800 GTXs - $1000 from EBAY!

Soo... the moral is... if ur rig is ****, u can play anything, and if u wana splurge, do it in style.

-Kaine
          Im as guilty as the next guy for paying too much for these video cards..
          i.e. 300-400 bucks.. I have several PCs.. with some good video cards..
          but NEVER EVER EVER EVER will I pay $1000 for anything related to a PC.
          The PCI-E dual video slot motherboards are nothing but a scam, imo.
          A marketing ploy to get us suckers to buy not one $300 card, but 2..
          And for what? 10-15% increase ? BLAH...

I paid $300 for my ATI X800XL/256 when they came out , and that
          was a bargain at that time.. and this sucker runs maxed out like a top.
          The 10-15% increase is unnecessary.. and wont help you get 1 more
          frag than you would have...

Ive got the money... but $1000 for a video card(s) solution is
          sucker city.

Comment

Working...
          X