To all you graphics whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all you graphics whores

Well boys n' girls, i hear all of u talking about "fancy" hardware like "5600s" and "9200s" and even the god awful "7800". Well, i run my BF2 on a piece of **** dell mobo... i dont even know if it has a name. i also run on a good old fashioned vanilla 5200 GeForce FX. This sucker has lasted me from bf1942 on low graphics, to Doom 3 on low graphics, to Far Cry on low graphics, to Half life Friggen 2 on low graphics. This baby runs EVERYTHING! Even though some may debate the definition of running at the point where one has to run at 800 res all the time... BUT IT DOES IT SMOOTH as silk! I mean i see all these fancy rigs that light up, make your coffe, hell, i saw one that you could fit a midget inside! I bet one of em out there can even kill varmats on demand. I've seen it all, and i always come back to my good ol Betsy Dell.

BUT! I have seen the light, and am currently biulding my next rig. Which of course i will be posting this same post in about 2 years about it.

Case- 480-Watt ATX Form Factor -$100
    Processor- AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 -$850 from Ebay
    Mobo- Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe -$125 from Ebay
    Memory- Twin 1gb PC-3200 DDR -$200 from Ebay
    DVD-Rom- Pioneer DVR (dl) - $40 from Ebay
    CD-RW- Plextor 52x32x52 -Who Cares Dirt Cheep ($20)
    Floppy- Do i have to write it out? ($8)
    Hard Drive- 200gb Samsung (already own it)
    Sound Card- Creative Labs SB Audigy 2 ZS - $70 from Ebay
    Video Card- Two 256mb GeForce 7800 GTXs - $1000 from EBAY!

Soo... the moral is... if ur rig is ****, u can play anything, and if u wana splurge, do it in style.

-Kaine

To all you graphics whores

Well boys n' girls, i hear all of u talking about "fancy" hardware like "5600s" and "9200s" and even the god awful "7800". Well, i run my BF2 on a piece of **** dell mobo... i dont even know if it has a name. i also run on a good old fashioned vanilla 5200 GeForce FX. This sucker has lasted me from bf1942 on low graphics, to Doom 3 on low graphics, to Far Cry on low graphics, to Half life Friggen 2 on low graphics. This baby runs EVERYTHING! Even though some may debate the definition of running at the point where one has to run at 800 res all the time... BUT IT DOES IT SMOOTH as silk! I mean i see all these fancy rigs that light up, make your coffe, hell, i saw one that you could fit a midget inside! I bet one of em out there can even kill varmats on demand. I've seen it all, and i always come back to my good ol Betsy Dell.

BUT! I have seen the light, and am currently biulding my next rig. Which of course i will be posting this same post in about 2 years about it.

Case- 480-Watt ATX Form Factor -$100
    Processor- AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 -$850 from Ebay
    Mobo- Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe -$125 from Ebay
    Memory- Twin 1gb PC-3200 DDR -$200 from Ebay
    DVD-Rom- Pioneer DVR (dl) - $40 from Ebay
    CD-RW- Plextor 52x32x52 -Who Cares Dirt Cheep ($20)
    Floppy- Do i have to write it out? ($8)
    Hard Drive- 200gb Samsung (already own it)
    Sound Card- Creative Labs SB Audigy 2 ZS - $70 from Ebay
    Video Card- Two 256mb GeForce 7800 GTXs - $1000 from EBAY!

Soo... the moral is... if ur rig is ****, u can play anything, and if u wana splurge, do it in style.

-Kaine

Comment

Re: To all you graphics whores

that was a great story

Comment

that was a great story

Comment

hell, i saw one that you could fit a midget inside!
          Now thats a rig.

Comment

hell, i saw one that you could fit a midget inside!
            Now thats a rig.

Comment

Just LUV the title!

Comment

Just LUV the title!

Comment

May I critique your choices?

Case- No, don't get a case with a built in PSU, for that rig you will need a better PSU. Make sure the PSU can handle SLI, ect. This is the most important part about your PC.
                  RAM- Get 4 512 sticks, valueram, 40 bucks less and will run fine. Newegg.
                  Hard Drive- Be a man and get a raptor. A raptor makes BF2 load so much faster.
                  Sound Card- Shop Newegg
                  Video cards- Shop Newegg

It sounds like you don't know what you're doing. Dont' buy PC parts off ebay, if you're dishing out that much money, buy from a reliable source that has warrenties, replacement and the whole 9 yards. Go newegg.

Comment

Case- No, don't get a case with a built in PSU, for that rig you will need a better PSU. Make sure the PSU can handle SLI, ect. This is the most important part about your PC.
                    Sound Card- Shop Newegg
                    Video cards- Shop Newegg

It sounds like you don't know what you're doing. Dont' buy PC parts off ebay, if you're dishing out that much money, buy from a reliable source that has warrenties, replacement and the whole 9 yards. Go newegg.

Comment

Originally posted by Underpant

Sound Card- Shop Newegg
                      Video cards- Shop Newegg

- Sir Desmond Underpant
                      CEO of Newegg ltd.

Just added your sig for you coz u forgot it

Comment

Originally posted by Underpant

Sound Card- Shop Newegg
                        Video cards- Shop Newegg

- Sir Desmond Underpant
                        CEO of Newegg ltd.

Just added your sig for you coz u forgot it

Comment

Heh, nah, I just hate it when people mess up something as important as buying a computer you will use for years to come. If he can find better deals at zipzoomfly, tigerdirect, monarch, amazon or any other places, go for it, just don't buy equipment off ebay, especially if it's used.

Comment

Heh, nah, I just hate it when people mess up something as important as buying a computer you will use for years to come. If he can find better deals at zipzoomfly, tigerdirect, monarch, amazon or any other places, go for it, just don't buy equipment off ebay, especially if it's used.

Comment

You needed to run bf42 on low settings with a 5200 fx? I used to have a 5200fx and I ran it on full settings, everything at 80fps constant.

Comment

Working...
                              X