X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To all you graphics whores

sounds like a kick ass rig man

to Underpant:
    you really don't need a beastly power supply... they are very overrated, if you put **** loads of add ons and very power hungry things in ur rig your gona be absolutely fine with a 400watt power supply even 350,

people think u need 550's or 600+watt PSU's when u really don't.... at all, u will never ever use that much power and the power supplies that run that high are usually less stable then lower ratted ones, its just a waste of money, but ya i agree with make sure its SLI capable if thats what u wana run

also ebay is fine... come on now, ebay isn't like a garage sale, there are actual stores on ebay, i buy from newegg and ebay all the time, sometimes theres just a great deal on ebay u can't pass up and i've never got ripped off, newegg is always great and fastest shippers around. go ahead get'm from ebay, just read about the guy ur buying from and read the whole auction site, look at his reviews bla bla

floppies r almost unneeded.. but u still need 1 when you reformat/drivers or run into errors of some sort a floppy drive is sometimes your only way around it

awesome comp tell us how it runs!

Comment

You're kinda wrong Drum. 400 is too low for 2 video cards. Plus you want high amperage, atleast 25A on the +12V rail. Don't cheap out on a PSU.
      Plus, with 4 sticks on an AMD, you can't run at 200MHz. Supposedly on the newer chips with the updated memory controllers you can but I haven't seen it verified yet. So 2 sticks is the way to go.

Comment

You're kinda wrong Drum. 400 is too low for 2 video cards. Plus you want high amperage, atleast 25A on the +12V rail. Don't cheap out on a PSU.
        Plus, with 4 sticks on an AMD, you can't run at 200MHz. Supposedly on the newer chips with the updated memory controllers you can but I haven't seen it verified yet. So 2 sticks is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by rymaples

You can on Venice and San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by rymaples

You can on Venice and San Diego.

Comment

no dude.. srry im right, i carryed out my own test, and i was perfectly fine with a 400watt; its all in ur head guys srry , trust me i loaded the bitch out and it was still fine, your psu brand is more important than how many watts it gives (till a point of course..)

Comment

no dude.. srry im right, i carryed out my own test, and i was perfectly fine with a 400watt; its all in ur head guys srry , trust me i loaded the bitch out and it was still fine, your psu brand is more important than how many watts it gives (till a point of course..)

Comment

Yea, i'm a graphic whore.

Dual 7800GTXs abd a 50" SAMSUNG monitor.

Wanna be my pimp?

Comment

Yea, i'm a graphic whore.

Dual 7800GTXs abd a 50" SAMSUNG monitor.

Wanna be my pimp?

Comment

don't listen to underpants or w/e his name is, go with twin 1gb sticks, it's faster. he doesn't know what he's talking about. post on a forum like tweaktown.com or beefysworld.com for hardware answers, a good portion of the hardware related and how will my computer run posts on this forum are complete shhhhiiTTTEE.

Comment

don't listen to underpants or w/e his name is, go with twin 1gb sticks, it's faster. he doesn't know what he's talking about. post on a forum like tweaktown.com or beefysworld.com for hardware answers, a good portion of the hardware related and how will my computer run posts on this forum are complete shhhhiiTTTEE.

Comment

You would want dual 1 gig sticks if you're overclocking, but for the sake of pricing and the speed is faster, or possibly the same, 4x512 is fine. Please trust me on this one. Also 400W PSU will NOT run a single 7800GTX and the FX-57, let alone dual 7800GTXs, also even if it is 500+ W that doesn't mean it's good, it still needs to be high quality such as Enermax, Antec, OCZ, or PC Power & Cooling. Get that case and PSU and if it even runs, you won't have nearly as much performance as possible.

Comment

You would want dual 1 gig sticks if you're overclocking, but for the sake of pricing and the speed is faster, or possibly the same, 4x512 is fine. Please trust me on this one. Also 400W PSU will NOT run a single 7800GTX and the FX-57, let alone dual 7800GTXs, also even if it is 500+ W that doesn't mean it's good, it still needs to be high quality such as Enermax, Antec, OCZ, or PC Power & Cooling. Get that case and PSU and if it even runs, you won't have nearly as much performance as possible.

Comment

for a case. get a Cooler Master Centurion 5 - Best air flow in the world. no after market coolers and computer never goes above 54 celsius.

Got mine at Fry's, but newegg has them to.
                              http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119079 <- thats the one i have, but they come in diff colors.

And NEVER buy a case for its power supply. never even look at the power supply that comes with a case.

Comment

for a case. get a Cooler Master Centurion 5 - Best air flow in the world. no after market coolers and computer never goes above 54 celsius.

Got mine at Fry's, but newegg has them to.
                                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119079 <- thats the one i have, but they come in diff colors.

And NEVER buy a case for its power supply. never even look at the power supply that comes with a case.

Comment

Working...
                                X