Graphics Change with 1.03 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graphics Change with 1.03 ?

I have all settings to high except shadows which is on medium.
    I have AA at 4x and AF at 16x.

It definitely looks different.

Comment

I dont give a damn. I'll take cartoony and speed over realistic and laggy slow any day.

Comment

They don't look any differnet to me..

Comment

I think the differences are only subtle and may only be apparent on some peoples montiros or other factors. but the increased performance is definately noticable.

Comment

Yup, I hve everything at medium except shadows which is off, due the mass rendering power needed, i might put them on low when i play in a min.

Comment

I havent noticed anything besides the performance boost. I run everything on high except lighting (medium) and textures (medium) because I still only have a gig of ram right now.

Post some "identical" shots of something, Im pretty curious to see if I need glasses or not.

Comment

Yea I'll just roll back to the previous version to take some screens :|:
                Only old patch Screenshot could get but there is a difference noticed as soon as got on server like Drunken said it maybe subtle changes but I noticed it straight away now it's bugging me.Terrain looks more toned down.
                It's like on Ghost Recon when brought out a patch where you could activate Compressed Textures that made it look cartoony.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                  I have all settings to high except shadows which is on medium.
                  I have AA at 4x and AF at 16x.

It definitely looks different.

Yeah I play with those settings too and Karkand does not look the same no more

Comment

YOu dont have to roll back just take a 103 screenshot from the exact point where the 102 screenshot was posted above.

Originally posted by BravoTwoZeroUK
                    Yea I'll just roll back to the previous version to take some screens :|:
                    Only old patch Screenshot could get but there is a difference noticed as soon as got on server like Drunken said it maybe subtle changes but I noticed it straight away now it's bugging me.Terrain looks more toned down.
                    It's like on Ghost Recon when brought out a patch where you could activate Compressed Textures that made it look cartoony.

Comment

I wish DICE would document all the changes made in the patch. It sure would save us a lot of bickering and debating. Or maybe that's what they want, and they get off on reading it? Those sadistic bamas....

Comment

yeah, I noticed it immediately. It did let me up my AA and AF a little but the game looks worse in general.

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                          I wish DICE would document all the changes made in the patch.
                          I wholeheartedly agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would really help a lot of us figure out a few things.

Comment

Is there any particular shots you would like to see and what video setting.
                            I still have not upgraded mine yet. I could get some snaps of before and after in single player mode of specific things if someone could let me know on what map and where. It might be a while before i can do this (few days)

Comment

Definitely got a performance increase, but I changed it to 1280x1024 right away with the new support included in 1.03

Graphics seemed to look better for me, but this may have been just the higher resolution.

Id be interested to see some technical documentation about what they really did.

Comment

I didnt really notice any changes. Atleast nothing that obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X