Graphics Change with 1.03 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Change with 1.03 ?

Just installed the new patch and had quick game with settings as they were when played on previous version and for some reason the graphics look alot worse with the new patch and more cartoony anyone else noticed it?

Re: Graphics Change with 1.03 ?

Yeah man... I dont know if they look worse but they do look more "cartoony" to me aslo.

Comment

Thank god it's not just me then.Really does look worse performance is alot better but it doesn't look the BF2 I knew :hmm: Even tried upping my settings to high but lagged so why the hell they made it all cartoony!?

Comment

Originally posted by BravoTwoZeroUK
        Thank god it's not just me then.Really does look worse performance is alot beter the first ser but it doesn't look the BF2 I knew :hmm: Even tried upping my settings to high but lagged so why the hell they made it all cartoony!?
        Agree. I noticed it 2

Comment

Well, it definitely ran better for me.

I tabbed out of a game and forgot about it, then I played BF2 with the game still running in the background, and it was surprisingly smooth, in fact, I didn't even know I had another game running in the background.

Comment

Yea can't complain about the performance but I want might decent graphics back 1 of the reasons I played this got cartoony like graphics now seriously considering unistalling BF2 become abit of a let down now.

Comment

seems to run alot better on my computer now,maybe i should turn things up a little and see how they run

Comment

Well keep me updated because I only turned 3things to high and it lagged

Comment

Yeah instant alt-tabbing is awesome, although the mouse doesn't show up unless I have some window open

Comment

When you alt-tab you can get the mouse to show up if you right click.. works for me.

Comment

1280x1024 is now supported in BF2.

Comment

2 gigs o ram makes alt tabing a dream.

Comment

My first impression was also that things seemed more 'cartoony', perhaps flatter and less realistic in general.

There appears to me to be a screwy change on the graphics. Using the exact same settings on 1.02 and 1.03 I see junk like grass/plant pop-ups and textures not as smoothly transitioned over distance in 1.03 that look fine on 1.02.

Too late to mess w/ screenshots tonight, will try tomorrow. Might also try clearing cache, perhaps it's a translation issue from 1.02 to 1.03. Hope it's as simple as that.

Comment

The biggest difference I noticed was onthe USMC buggy, look at it from an exterior view.

Comment

Huh, and I thought it was my eyes being screwy - so I'm not the only one seeing this!

Comment

Working...
                              X