Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PKM not living up to the hype.

Originally posted by SwissArmyShoe
    I agree. After playing around with the PKM for a while now I've found it to be an awesome weapon. But I much prefere the burst fire from a SAW.
    I unfortunately agree...

Comment

at med and long distance the pkm stinks...the chinese support gun owns...

Comment

I dont know, i think using it alot helps to undertand how to use it right.

Ive picked off snipers, layed out 5 guys at once and blew up plenty of jeeps with the pkm,..it rocks.

One trick, which I learned on these forums, if your firing at a distance, move your crosshairs in a small tight circle.
        It almost always works.
        I see a guy in the distance, I open fire..alot of fire..I just move the crosshair in a small circle around the dude, almost never fails.

Also big thing..dont bother using it not in prone, I pull out my pistol or knife in those circumstances, also watch your ammo and reloading..youll bust off nearly a whole string of bullets usually taking 3-4 guys out and the second you forget to dip behind a box or wall and spaend a FEW seconds reloading (it aint quick) is when a guy will pop up and your 15 bullets will be useless. AND ALWAYS TRY TO USE YOUR IRON SIGHT!!, it helps sooo much.

And with snipers or people at a distance, most times if your spraying a ton of bullets at them they usually dip and hide, gives you time to readjust, move closer etc. The PKM is a meaty gun, people fear it and it is capable of laying out mutiple enemies, its all about the map really tho

Some maps, if I give in and play them, arent PKM friendly, youll be a bored bag dropper and cover fire sprayer, mixed with alot of armor, heli, plane dodging.

Comment

only a little more than 8000 points to go

Comment

Originally posted by blackguy32
            I can try.

1. Always prone
            2. I usually always ironsight when they are medium to long range, short range, dont bother
            3. Fire in Bursts at long to medium range.
            4. Go Full Auto at short range.
            5. I find sometimes it is more economical to pull out the pistol for long range
            Bump Burst Just let it rip two or three rounds are sure to hit and thats all thats needed and if its a crowd of Iraqis far aways thats even better. Believe that, once I unlocked it i became the King PKM whore.

Comment

I take it back, the PKM doesn't suck. In certain situations it's an absolute monster. Those situations for me have been few and far between though. Most of the time I find it to be a slow firing, inaccurate, obscenely loud weapon.

It is definitely not the bomb sh!t like most of these people claim it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                I take it back, the PKM doesn't suck. In certain situations it's an absolute monster. Those situations for me have been few and far between though. Most of the time I find it to be a slow firing, inaccurate, obscenely loud weapon.

It is definitely not the bomb sh!t like most of these people claim it to be.
                Even with all the advice you got from the many PKM users you still suck with it? So just stay far away from it and when i see you running across the feild of battle i'll be sure too give you a nice haircut with my PKM.

Comment

Not before I drop you with my pistol.

Comment

I just unlocked the PKM with my Sgt unlock, and it owns. It's fun sniping snipes with it. And you can just mow people down in no time. The PKM is also great in close quarters, just go prone and open fire.

Comment

People are just not using it right at all.
                      All you need is a very quick bursts 1-2 rounds.Plenty of times hit someone then kept getting quick bursts off as they run away and 9 out of 10 times you'll get them running away.
                      Up close it's a beast take whole squads down if your positioned rite but the weapon isn't for a long range Chinese map.

Comment

Working...
                      X