PKM not living up to the hype.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PKM not living up to the hype.

I was an ardent support trooper for a while now, so I unlocked the PKM when I hit corporal a few days ago. The accuracy on the PKM seems to be worse than the stock guns, and the slower rate of fire doesn't do anything to improve the situation. I often find myself getting sniped and can't get close enough to pump some lead into some bodies.

Re: PKM not living up to the hype.

Your not using it right, especially if your trying to outshoot snipers!

Comment

PKM is better than all the other support guns. You should just learn how to use it. I picked up a kit off some dude and went 25-5 with it.

Comment

Simple, you dont just know how. It doesnt need rocket science to solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruhanga
          Simple, you dont just know how. It doesnt need rocket science to solve this problem.
          I believe the correct saying is rocket surgery!

Comment

Then please do tell me how to use it properly. I can't seem to close in on my enemies, with the short sprint distance and all.

Comment

PKM sucks.

Comment

... Anyone else other than Brian?

Comment

pkm owns it takes some getting used to though.

Comment

Originally posted by Schalldämpfer
                    Then please do tell me how to use it properly. I can't seem to close in on my enemies, with the short sprint distance and all.
                    I can try.

1. Always prone
                    2. I usually always ironsight when they are medium to long range, short range, dont bother
                    3. Fire in Bursts at long to medium range.
                    4. Go Full Auto at short range.
                    5. I find sometimes it is more economical to pull out the pistol for long range

Comment

Aim lower for long range. Your first shot is the most accurate so TRY to get a hit because the other shots won't be as accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by blackguy32
                        I can try.

1. Always prone
                        2. I usually always ironsight when they are medium to long range, short range, dont bother
                        ^^ I agree, PKM pwns

Comment

Originally posted by blackguy32
                          I can try.

1. Always prone

Always listen to the blackguy but hes right.

Comment

Chances are, you're using it just how you're suppose to, but your expectations of what "rocks" or "owns" are somewhat different to others. Their are plenty of "PKM sucks" threads out there for opinions closer matching your experiences..

Comment

I use ~5 round bursts of fire even when theres many enemy on screen. My biggest tip is to not push your luck and try and get the kills, just take them when they happen, hose down the enemy and let the front line troops finish them off, you are "support" after all Take the kill assists and thanks of your team for surpressing the enemy allowing them to rush in.

In fact if you know an enemys round the corner then just hold him there with burst fire even if you cant physically see him as your team will see you shooting the wall and usually go and investigate (but using "enemy spotted" command while your firing works wonders.

The bullets do a hell of a lot of damage but accuracy will always let you down when trying to get too many shots into one person, its usually his mate that caps you (snipers will just shoot you in the head as you point it straight at him by proning and engaging him)

Comment

Working...
                              X