Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PKM not living up to the hype.

Originally posted by CS-Evolution
    It works for me. Like glasseye said, you can try spraying with the LMG's, but you won't hit much.
    i never said that.

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
      i never said that.
      I was paraphrasing. And by paraphrasing, I mean making stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by CS-Evolution
        I was paraphrasing. And by paraphrasing, I mean making stuff up.
        good good.

Comment

Its a case of altering your style of play to get the best out of the kit.

Its been mentioned here that PKM is a support weapon, so you really should not be getting up close and personal. If thats your style of play switch to the Assault/Medic class and use the M16 / AK (or G3 even better).

Its also best employed for the Urban maps and as part of a co-ordinated team. Lonewolfing is not the best strategy for this weapon.

I unlocked the PKM first because I loved it in Joint Ops (first 3 bullets very accurate, the rest are just noise) and allthough initially disappointed I now love this gun. :evil:

If attacking a flag, stay back, find a good position, and hose away my man. But you need your team to get in quick while the enemy are supressed.

If defending a flag, get in to a position with a good field of view, pick your marker for a medium distance and (if you can hold your wad) wait for the enemy to come to you. Short controlled bursts, suits you sir.

When running between these two situations, have your pistol out for close encounters.

Any smokin vehicle is a definite target of opportunity for the PKM man, a full clip should get the crew nice and toasty.

And as for the sound the PKM makes - sweet, sweet, candy!!

......I`ve named mine "Betsy" BTW

Comment

Originally posted by AFEDSLAYER
            pkm owns it takes some getting used to though.
            very true

Comment

Just hit corporal last night, and this is probably unlock #2 for me....after reading the thread I think I'll stick to the idea and unlock it tonight..

Used the support class over the weekend, found more success with the RPK74 than the SAW, couldnt hit crap with the SAW, but put together a couple nice rounds with the MEC gun...anyone else see this ? And is either comparable to the PKM ?

Comment

take the difference between the saw and the rpk. extrapolate that same difference from the rpk and you have the pkm.

Comment

All support guns have random accuracy... I have killed someone from 100m instantly, yet have fired a 1 sec burst from 5 yards whilst prone and using the sights against a still target and not registered a hit, and then died....

Comment

Originally posted by glasseye
                    take the difference between the saw and the rpk. extrapolate that same difference from the rpk and you have the pkm.
                    If that's the case, then I'll be more than happy to unlock the PKM

Comment

All this talk about how the pkm rulez is getting me wanting it. I have to get to seargent before i can get it though. Only 12,000 more points to go..............

Comment

If you want to try the PKM before you go for it as an unlock, download the BF2 demo and perform the weapon unlock "trick". Only good for SP and in the demo only. Add more bots and up their skill to Expert if you want a challange.

If you dont know how to do this, just ask, some kind sole will post.

Or, if you play on the EA UK servers, look out for me, I will gladly lay down my life so you can pick up my kit and try out the PKM.

It`ll need a hug afterwards tho......:cry:

Comment

To anyone about to unlock the PKM, I'll just say this:

You will regret it.

It's okay if you don't believe me now because eventually you will - especially when you try using it on any map not Strike at Karkand.

Comment

I messed around with it in the demo when I unlocked them all... I liked it but I can definitely tell the accuracy is worse though its does just tear through peeps at close range. If you play urban maps its a worthy unlock.

Comment

Yes, i know how to do that. Thanks......But i have a new plan......pick up every support kit of every enemy i kill or if a friend "unfortunately" dies in front of me. i will pick it up until i find a pkm.

Thanks if i see u on a EA UK server i will ask for u 2 die. lol damn that sounds weird.

Comment

I have a lot of hours using this weapon (my first unlock).

I'd just like to put my own info into this thread:

As people have stated, it's not an easy weapon to deal with.

Prone = headshots (get used to this, it's freaking annoying, but that's BF2)
                                Deploying = long
                                Accuracy = bad after first shot and in any other position than prone+iron sights...all mounted lmg's are far more accurate.
                                Rate of fire = not great
                                Damage = very good on infantry, near abysimal on vehicles.
                                Ammo = unlimited

Never shoot on a non-smoking vehicle, period. You CAN do suppression fire on a blackhawk or a jeep, but there is near to no damage done on a tank or APC and combat chopper. The only vehicle that you will blow up is the jeep/hummv's and these take time. Sometimes (happened to me a few times) you will blow up a flaming vehicle, but...that's not much to sway about.

Always remember that you make a noise that people dread (you will get the attention quickly) and even if you're too far, there is a nice flash effect that will give you away instantly. The worst place to be is in trees...those actually amplify the light effect Add to this the tracer rounds and you get the picture...(it's hilarious to see a support shooting in the jungle...it just screams -shoot in here, easy headshot-). You can use that to help your friends sneak past the enemy's attention, though...but it will cost you your life often.

The weapon itself is strong, it's just the game's system that makes it fairly poor on most map. Only in Karkand does this weapon seems to hold itself decently (for a lmg)

Once you got decent practice with the weapon, you will start to get more kills (and assists obviously), but it's not a better gun than the AK-101 or G36c in my opinion. It just has unlimited ammo

Overall, this weapon is a real killer when you surprise the enemy, but when the enemy knows where you are, you're more often than not a sitting duck.

Comment

Working...
                                X