Gameplay Tipps and Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gameplay Tipps and Tricks

When in a tank and you see a transport chopper or an attack helicopter. Use the top mounted machine gun instead of the cannon machine gun. It's much more effective, gives faster mobility (especially for those attack choppers) and heats up less quickly. Press F2 to switch positions (unless you already have a gunner in that position, then pray he is good at shooting somewhat)

Also when in a tank try to keep it moving. Always think there is a spec ops hiding somewhere and check all small spaces. When capping a flag do erratic movements to put off any spec ops that attempt to run upto the tank. If you're confident enough, when capping go into the gunner position as you can effectively kill anyone within close range and far range. And move around faster.

Edit: Btw you spelt tips wrong in the topic title =/

The gunner is the tanks best freind. Not the UAV. imo.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
      Joystick Programming

If you have a stick like the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, you have a lot of extra buttons, my configuration is like this:

its a nice joystick and a good 1 for the game, but i hapht to think that the best 1 ive found for the game is the "Saitek X52"

[img]http://www.computery.ru/upgrade/numbers/2004/190/images/PALKA_RADOSTI_DSC_9327.jpg

*may i add that i have this and it is beutiful*

Comment

If you are a squad leader and your commader won't give you orders or there isn't one you can press caps lock when in game. To give orders right click on the spawn or where ever you want to go then choose from the drop down menu. This is alot more helpfull then the command rose if you are not close to the spawn or putting your life on the lines to give a command.:laugh: YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE ALIVE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stizzle
          Also when in a tank try to keep it moving. Always think there is a spec ops hiding somewhere and check all small spaces. When capping a flag do erratic movements to put off any spec ops that attempt to run upto the tank.

The gunner is the tanks best freind. Not the UAV. imo.

IS it possible to do erratic movements in a tank? :P
          but seriously. tanks are slow and cumbersome as. iI stay the hell away from them!
          Jeeps FTW. its real hard to out manouver a spec ops when capping a flag in a tank.

Comment

man htis guide is really helpful
            thanks man
            really good guide

im getting to love battlfe field

Comment

good tips all..

Comment

After reading this post some time ago, I used the trick of taking of the spec op kit and blew up the tank:laugh: . He did know what hit him. That was cool.:laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Look before you leap. Have you ever been running and got shot by someone that you haven't noticed standing there before? That happens sometimes. Like when I'm going around a corner, I usually take a second to peek around to see if anyone is there. And watch your back as well.

And if you're playing as sniper, be careful when you kill the same guy repeatedly. He'll want revenge. lol

I don't know if anyone has posted this already, but I thought it might be useful.

Comment

• Infantry & Close Quarters Tips

Great stuff guys.

The Power of Smoke
                    The smoke nade is not only useful for providing concealment while traversing open ground, it's a GREAT tool for diversions and decoys. Toss a smoke nade down an alley or around a corner that you have NO intention of going to - then take another route and flank the bad guy waiting for you on the other side of the cloud of smoke.

Switching Weapons in CQ
                    When your assault rifle/shotty runs out of ammo in a close quarters fight, be able to switch quickly to the pistol to finish off your foe. When your pistol is empty, don't underestimate how effective the knife is - many players will dirty their drawers when they see that knife coming at them.

Taking On 2 At A Time
                    When taking on two players at once in close quarters, stafe and get in front of the guy who is closer, so that his buddy behind him can't kill you without killing his buddy 1st. Keep the poor guy in the middle, spraying him until he's down and then empty the rest of your clip into his buddy behind him.

Knife the Machine Gunner
                    In close quarters, when somebody with an MG hits the dirt and tries to spray you from the prone position, hop on top of him, switch to your knife and make sure he STAYS on the ground.

Switching Supplies & Kits
                    Pick up kits of dead soldiers for supplies. If out of ammo, a fresh kit might save your life. If you or your buddies need ammo/health, switch to the kit, drop the packs, then switch back to your old one if you like. If your buddy's tank is smoking, pick up an engy kit and repair it.

Comment

• Re: Kubra Dam

Originally posted by TigerXtrm
                      Engineer:
                      When mining remember that any flag you are defending your army may soon be attacking and that entrances are also exits, don't mine friendly bases closed.
                      Umm...this tip needs to be updated. Now you don't have to worry about your mines/claymores killing friendlies if they go over them.

Mining roads is paramount, especially in maps like Karkand where you can stop all the enemy armor from running past. Not to mention placing AT mines under enemy vehicles when you enter a base (or where they spawn).

Example:
                      You goto a flag, and you know exactly where the enemy tank/apc/AA vehicle will spawn. You place AT mines on those locations and then try to cap the flag. If you fail, the at least you'll surprise someone :-)

Originally posted by Larva
                      Great stuff guys.

The Power of Smoke
                      The smoke nade is not only useful for providing concealment while traversing open ground, it's a GREAT tool for diversions and decoys. Toss a smoke nade down an alley or around a corner that you have NO intention of going to - then take another route and flank the bad guy waiting for you on the other side of the cloud of smoke.
                      Here's an addendum to the above. Every experienced armorer knows where every TOW missile is located. To give the guy in a tow a fighting chance, throw smoke/flash grenade on the vehicle to destract him long enough for your TOW guy to get a shot or two off.

Comment

• Re: Kubra Dam

Originally posted by Harmor
                        Umm...this tip needs to be updated. Now you don't have to worry about your mines/claymores killing friendlies if they go over them.
                        It depends if the server has Friendly Fire for Claymores/Mines set to on or off. It may seem like they can't kill friendlies anymore, but that's because most servers have the option set to off.

Before our last match, we tested to see if it was on or off on the hosting server, and my claymore wiped out my whole team. It was a good thing to find out. On servers that it is off, you can actually push friendly mines around with your tank treads.

And keep in mind, that I've seen enemy claymores showing up as friendly that wouldn't kill me. I don't know if this bug has been fixed yet.

Comment

I often find that while attackin n enemy position while solo it is best to mabye kill one or 2 people. then running backwards and skirting the whole area and coming in from, behind and killing them where they least expect it.
                          ASLO knives are very pointy.

Comment

Skylining
                            When on top of a ridge or something uses bushes and other plants as cover and you won't skyline as much. Also when you are a sniper foliage is your best friend

Comment

This may sound crazy, but if ur capin a flag and a tank comes along he'll see the flag going down/up. If ya cant take him out, jump on him when he isnt lookin and carry on cappin the flag. He'll still be lookin for ya while your hidin on him, and he'll stay within fla radius coz he knows your there. If he sees you he may get out if he's a dumbass out so hold E and get in! Even if he kills ya spawn in at the newly captured flag as a spec-ops/anti-tank n ya got yourself a kill!!

Comment

Tricksing your opponents:

-If you're under fire and need cover to reload/heal yourself, run around a corner, leave a nade behind it, and laugh as they run straight into your trap.

-As a medic, throw some medpacks down on a spot where you want to camp, then lie on top of them. Every time you'll get hit you automatically get healed. (doesn't work against one shot kill headshots) I find this [/b]extremely[/b] useful and use it all the time. Lots of enemies around a corner? Throw a medpack, then jump right on top of it and start shooting. That's extra health right there.

-When to revive your fallen teammates is an important decision to make. A revived teammate is essentially cover and support for you while you can revive others. On the other hand, If your enemy is simply waiting for you to do so it's never a smart idea to pull out the defibs. Be rational and learn when to and when not do revive someone. Remember that it doesn't take long to do either, so lob a grenade to force your enemy to get into cover and then quickly revive your teammates

-Get cover that you can not be seen behind when crouching, but can when standing. Crouch, then stand up and quickly fire, and hit the ground again. This game of 'peekaboo' is very hard to beat when you are exposed. The Hotel flag on karkand, for example, is a very nice place to be guading from. Especially with a few medpacks under your feet

-Don't waste your grenades. If you're not sure if there are enemies up ahead or not, simply don't start throwing. You're essentially shouting 'IM COMING!!'. Not to mention nades can get you out of many sticky situations and shouldn't be wasted. Even as support, you don't want to alert everyone to your presence.

-Wait for arty strikes to finish before spawning again.

Just a few things that came to mind..

Comment

Working...
                                X