X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gameplay Tipps and Tricks

Originally posted by eggz
    Quickly enter vehicle
    Hold down "E" as a friendly vehicle is coming at you; no matter how fast it's going, you'll be picked up unharmed. Also works while jumping of a building.
    you can also hold down E when ur waiting for a heli or plane to respawn and ull usually get it first

Comment

When driving in a tank, never drive against a TOW or one of those little stone benches on some maps, it'll often cause the tank to explode without warning!

(haven't tried with other vehicles)

Comment

I hate it when a CO 'repairs' his assets with a crate. He is only supplying the spec op with the X-packs required to blow up ALL his assets imho. (I love all opposing CO's who use this 'technique' when playing spec-op)

imho CO's should be engineer, so he can fix his stuff himself, preferably with one or two ppl backup.. the backup part can be hard on pubbies offcourse..

Comment

When as an attack chopper pilot and attacking a flag with lots of enemies, circle around the area sideways in a big loop. It makes you very hard to hit and gives your gunner an insane amount of targets to kill, rather than just hovering or doing a straight dive attack run.

Comment

Hi there, don't know if this has been posted/invented yet cause I didn't read the entire thread but... Did you guys know that supply crates survive under water? Found this out by accident in the clean sweep map but it turned out to be particularly useful for a couple of reasons:

- The supply crate is invisible so your enemy will not destroy it (not even sure if it's that easy when its underwater )
            - When you are healing or rearming, you're in the water, if you drop the supply crate near a bridge or tree you'll be much less visible than when laying next to a supply crate in the middle of a field.

Don't drop it in deep water though, the distance between you floating and the crate at the bottom might be too large.

Ofcourse you can also drop the crate on top of a building that provides shelter as long as the ceiling isn't too high. This also provides more cover while healing/rearming and if you can't get onto the roof in question the only way for the enemy to destroy the crate is by using artillery or the AT-missile.

Another tip: if you're a sniper and sure to get killed, quickly switch to the claymore mines and drop one before you drop yourself. This will kill your enemy when he comes to collect your kit so you still get a kill yourself. Besides it prevents the enemy from using your rifle or claymores for themselves to hurt your teammates.

When sniping it can be handy to drop of couple of claymores behind you to prevent people from sneeking up to you while seeking out your target.

As a medic before you enter a jeep throw a medkit in the seat, you'll last longer if someone tries to shoot you out of it. May also benefit teammates riding with you.

If you're an engineer and up high somewhere, it sometimes pays of dropping an AT mine on top of a passing tank. Even if they drive carefully they usually don't anticipate on an AT mine dropping from the sky. You can also throw these from a transport helicopter.

I have more, will share it later (when you hear a loud bang and see my name in the top left corner of your screen, just before picking a spot to respawn :laugh: )

Comment

Originally posted by Hella_Bacon
              Wow I have never seen so much good input this is really great guys. Thankyou for dedicating your time to make this tip page. I never new you could slide down those pesky ladders fast and look around! That bomber tip is really great too. I use it all the time. The only diference in what i do is that i put on lock mode a few times for just a second or 2 to scare the enemy jet and hopefully make him lose his flares. once they are dropped ill trail him n hope no one spots me until i can get close, lock on, fire missles and then go back into bomber mode fast. If your lock only lasts a second, he will think an aa vehicle just had a temporarylock, and he will go onflying. After the first missle hits, he will have no time to react before the second one kills him.
              Same goes for firing any kind of aa missile from the ground. What I do is get a target lock, fire the first missile, wait for flares and when the flares are gone immediately fire as much missiles before reload as you can

Comment

Does anyone know how to do the roll move.

Comment

I love this stuf!!!
                  THX dudes

Comment

Quick tip for medics - You're given a gun for a reason. Be a gunner first and medic second. There's no point in reviving someone if they're just going to get blown away by the enemy in the vincinity again immediately. Always clear out the area before reviving.

For pilots flying the mig/f18/j10 - If the map also has bombers, be sure to provide cover for them. No matter how good of a pilot the bomber is, if an enemy fighter is tailing them then the bomber is toast. Your agility and 6 missiles are alot more beneficial than two bombs.

Another jewel that I'll share with you guys, since I've learned a few things after visiting this thread myself ^_^. While you're in a fighter jet (aka mig/f18/j10), the easiest way to take out enemy jets is to tail them until you're extremely close. Don't give away your presence at all with MG fire or the missile reticle.

The only exception to this rule is if the enemy is already dodging like crazy - than keep your missile reticle on him and drive him nuts with the warning noise. Force him to use his flare early to prep him for the kill.

Once you're right on his @$$, use your thrusters and switch to your missiles. Time your trigger finger and go crazy a second before you get lock. By thrusting you're adding additional speed to your missiles, and by being so close to your target the chances of the missiles being dodged is slim to nil.

For pilots flying the bombers - You're not a dogfighter, and against a decent enemy fighter jet you're boned. Just keep searching for ground targets, swapping firing modes to attack the odd helicopter. If you're being tailed by an enemy jet, do your best to get support from your friendly jet fighter ally, or from ground AA support. Against another bomber you have a chance, but it's better to leave the fancy dogfighting to the fighter jets.

Finally a general, simple tip for all jet pilots - be VERY VERY careful when you start spamming your missiles. Chances are they'll miss, and they'll keep going until they hit something. Chances are damn high they'll hit a friendly too. The radar and map are your friends.

Comment

Gunners in Attack Choppers

99% of the time look straight ahead that way your line of sight is the same as the pilots. Most of the time he is going to line you up with the most dangerous threat to the chopper. The pilot is very aware of what is hitting him. Besides if your looking right or left and shooting at a ground troop or something less important while he is lining you up with and APC, Tank, or AA gun YOUR BOTH DEAD if he is out of ammo or misses them. The only times you want to look around is if your chopper pilot hovers to capture a flag. When he starts moving again center your gun again. A tip to make sure your looking where the chopper pilot is hit F9 bring your gun to center and hit F9 again. Happy Hunting

Comment

Anyone know plz.

Comment

Great hints. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by TVR_Fan
                            Anyone know plz.
                            Hit strafe left/right, A or D whilst hitting Z (Prone) at the same time. This lets you roll-prone to the ground either left or right.

Comment

I wouldn't say that the Engineer is a weak class for defense, it's surprising how quickly you can run out and drop a mine in front of or behind an attacking tank.
                              Place a couple of mines in shallow water at a ford and watch those tanks blow
                              Too many mines together are too easy to spot, 1 mine in a shady patch in the centre of a road or a slight dip seems to work okay too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer
                                I wouldn't say that the Engineer is a weak class for defense, it's surprising how quickly you can run out and drop a mine in front of or behind an attacking tank.
                                Place a couple of mines in shallow water at a ford and watch those tanks blow
                                Too many mines together are too easy to spot, 1 mine in a shady patch in the centre of a road or a slight dip seems to work okay too.
                                Unfortunatly mines take too long to arm. And the tank would have either driven past you or not reversed. So yeh .. weak. :P.

Comment

Working...
                                X