Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gameplay Tipps and Tricks

Originally posted by vets.Sarge
    -Don't waste your grenades. If you're not sure if there are enemies up ahead or not, simply don't start throwing. You're essentially shouting 'IM COMING!!'. Not to mention nades can get you out of many sticky situations and shouldn't be wasted. Even as support, you don't want to alert everyone to your presence.
    Good stuff there, really good stuff. I do agree that nades shouldn't be used when you don't want the enemy to know you're there in a covert assault (assuming no enemy UAVs have already given your position away). On flags where it's a looong drive between flags where there is lots of armor, nades often do just tell enemy tanks that you've arrived.

However, you should NEVER die with nades in your pocket in infantry combat: used tactfully they are free kills. In street fighting when the streets are swarming with soliders, nades are a way to wipe out enemy squads, especially in tight alleyways and hallways. You can get a lot of rifle kills while they are running away from your nades as well. Use the UAV to spot groups of soliders, and use the nades to soften them up - also use your mini-map to avoid nading friendlies!!!

And nades can be easy to get more of: nade a squad, grab an enemy's kit and you you have more nades. Always take advantage of the supplies that dead enemies leave behind. Fight alongside a support guy and you get even more nades. A good commander will have crates waiting for you, which is an even bigger plus.

Bottom line, using the right tactics, in the right environment, and with good teammates, you can become a deadly nade whore.

Comment

As with the new 1.22 patch, hit Crouch and then Prone. This will eliminate the delay where you can't fire your weapon. Also, hit the Crouch key once more quickly to get back up for the same reason.

Now, I haven't tried this yet, but it seems smart. I'm sure some Supply troopers will benefit from this. If you need are in a dilemma where it is uncertain if you need the pistol for accuracy or main weapon for power, just press 1 & 2 repeatedly so if you must choose one, it will terminate the lag that stops you from shooting them in the next instant (such as the Support weapon's bipod deployment animation).

Comment

nice tips here... tnx alot .. i'm still a newbie so i can learn alot here :P

Comment

Don't always prone:

I come from Call of Duty which is a game where proning isn't as important as it is in BF2, so you learn to circle strafe in close quarters battles. I win most very close, face-to-face battles vs. practically any class because they ALWAYS prone, so I just run right up to them and start unloading into them while literally running circles around them. They're used to BF2 people always proning to so they're usually not prepared. Circle strafe!

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys.

Comment

kool thanks for the advive people

Comment

nice thread guys

Comment

Yeah, but Call of Duty 2 isn't as realistic, maybe the PC version is a bit different, but I got the 360 version. And there it's basically strafing, jumping, and dolphin diving if it gets real intense. Plus I honestly haven't proned to an enemy from less than 50m unless he's running away or something. If think they're gonna circle strafe me, their brains are already misty.

Comment

I have the habit of not always proning from CoD: UO - the jumping and proning in that is not nearly as much as CoD2. There's no dolphin diving in it.

Comment

Dlphin diving is absurd

Comment

I have Battlefield 2 but sadly my pc is strong enough ill be upgrading it soon and in that time ive bene practicing some basic mouse skillz with the battlefield 1942 multiplayer demo and i think this applies to battlefield 2 as well.

1.Behind enemy lines, its funny, fun and effective to paradrop just behind the front line enemy cp where they spawn to go to battle and snipe like crazy.

2. Learn the art of the plane, from wat i know the jet control are horrible but if u practice ull 4get that u ever struggled with them and youll pull off crazy stunts, strafing and preventing enemy strafing helps alot.

3. If you are just behind the front lines(just behind your lines) and are sniping to support troops ahead dont just snipe random targets, if u c sum1 running 4 their life give some long distance help.

4. CALL FOR HELP!!!
                        although the fighter is effective at dogfights(with an experienced pilot) it can do some bomb damaged against a fixed target.
                        People in the air love it when they answer a desperate call for air support or if they r directed to a specific fixed target, and if they do it right u get 1 fugde of a screen shot! Even if you see that Mg owning froma distance just whale out on the text chat I NEED AN AIRSTRIKE ON THE *target here* AT F5 or whereever.
                        I was play the bf 1942 demo and the defgun ripped us apart as we charged the airfield i typed AIRSTRIKE ON THE AIRFIELD DEFGUN PLEASE!!!

Imediately a fighter dropped its single bomb and kill the gun.
                        We then took the field.

thanks 4 the tips ur getting me even more excited 4 bf2!

Comment

don't be...although for the most part you'll have a good time, between the massive loading, crashes too desktop, hackers, bunny hoppers and just real a**holes out there the experience for me at lest goes from a 8.5/10 to like a 7/10.

Comment

cool tips, thanks LOL

Comment

PORTABLE STEP LADDER

jumpin on the roofs of vehicles can be used to get on the top of houses, for example most flags on wake are close to small houses which you can climb on, the enemy wont know wats up unless u give away ur position(SO DON'T), the commander can still see you so watch out for vehicle drops, they can kill.
                              (plz every stop jump-proning, its really lame, shotgunners should get a damage penalty for it, they are the worst)

Comment

when sniper and camping on a rooftop accesable by only one ladder, it wont hurt to lay a claymore down. it can be the difference between life and death

Just though that could help

Comment

Working...
                                X