Solution to "Patching Failed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solution to "Patching Failed"

When the install choice comes up with typical or custom Choose Custom and browse to D drive then the file you created, click on "bf2" file you created, and save in there.
    Aha! See, that's the problem. I don't even get to choose where it goes. I was anticipating a file path for installation, something I was figuring into my patching plan. But for some reason, I received no such warning/choice. It simply goes straight to the language selection, I hit "Next", it fills up the file transfer bar, then it says I need 1.6G of memory to do the install.

Screwy. But yes, I will be reformatting the HDD this weekend, most likely. Not like I'll miss anything on it. Besides, it's a 250GB drive, so I might as well make the first 50GB for XP, the other 200 for deliciously pointless files.

Comment

Originally posted by [47R]Saureco
      Aha! See, that's the problem. I don't even get to choose where it goes. I was anticipating a file path for installation, something I was figuring into my patching plan. But for some reason, I received no such warning/choice. It simply goes straight to the language selection, I hit "Next", it fills up the file transfer bar, then it says I need 1.6G of memory to do the install.

Screwy. But yes, I will be reformatting the HDD this weekend, most likely. Not like I'll miss anything on it. Besides, it's a 250GB drive, so I might as well make the first 50GB for XP, the other 200 for deliciously pointless files.
      If i were you 'id look into:-
      C= 15GB for xp

D= space for all the running programs like "office" all your firmware "AVG" "Adobe" "java" "Ad-Aware" all the mundane stuff say 35GB

E= music games and Cough* vid stuff *cough large more used programs

F= get a program like "Ghost9" and copy your OS (operating system (xp) and all of the important stuff that you have that you wish to keep "permanently" and store it on "F" if the C drive goes tits up you can copy the information stored on "F" The copy of the OS straight to "C" and be up and running in 10 minuets

Comment

Ok, reformatted the HDD on Saturday, redid the partitions to 50GB for the OS and 200GB for other files. Yeah, yeah. I know. Fifty gigs for the OS is overkill, but I bet you I'll never get any excuses for not being able to defrag.

I reinstalled everything, nice organized files. Then, I patched the v1.03 directly and even downloaded and installed the reality mod. Haven't tried the mod yet, but at least BF2 works now. Unfortunately, the noobs and smacktards do, too...

Comment

Good job m8

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
            @Al_Capwn

heh you could have least given me credit for this fix since you took it from my post on the planetbattlefield forums

but this fix is for the error "Can't find install folder for battlefield 2"

----

to fix this prob you need to do the following

(below is done by Ragnar 11651173)

Execute Patcher, Choose language, wait for welcome screen, don't hit continue.

go to your documents folder and to this location:

c:\documents\YOUR USERNAME\local settings\temp

and look for a folder which looks like {BLAH....} lots of numbers and chars. Go into that folder structure and copy the files in it (e.g. patch.exe, all the files) to a folder where you can execute them (e.g. create a dir named C:\temp)

then open a commandpromt (type "cmd" in run/execute at startmenu) and go to your new created folder with the patchdata. Execute the with the following line (edit to your installfolder location of course):

patch.exe "c:\FolderWhereBF 2Is"

Watch the magic happen.
            Did this but it says "Could not find patch File"

I typed ...

patch.exe "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2"

and yes this is where the game is...

the patch seems to stop when it gets the the mods folder when I run it from desktop...

HELP! 3 days without BF2 now! going crazy!

Comment

Im getting patch failed now with patch 1.12..... I tryed to do it with the Dos-Prompt way.. but that gives an error that he cant find the directory of the patch file... but i just give the good directory... If i just install normal. Its giving Patch Failed... I got enough Space.. 16 GB Free on C: ... 21 GB Free on D:
              Got 1 GB of ram and when installing.. its using 356 MB so there is enough ram.
              Anybody can help me out with this problem so i can just update to patch 1.12 and can play bf2 again ..
              Thnx in advance!

- RefleX

Comment

Patching failed....
                Corrupted original BF2
                Deleted from machine...

Lost and alone

Comment

I have jused the temp bethod to patch 1.0.1/2/3.... but now I have brougth BF2 SF and when i trie to install i never come longer than patch fail!!! if only i't whot continue the installation part then i whot be abel to patch it manual i brougth the dam thing and cant juse it so frustrating*@"#%

Comment

Originally posted by alltidblaa
                    just start the installation and select language, and copy the temp-files created in C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Temp\{6FB7DD87-BA19-47D2-BFF9-3C64322C6D3B}\{F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F} (or something like that) and copy them into you bf2 dir. then run patch.exe

i got a "not valid cd-key"-error the first time after installing the patch, and this might be fixed by running the "BF2CDKeyCheck.exe" included in the temp-files.

PATCH 1.12 - PATCHING FAILED -

when you copy the patch.exe and the files with it, remember to include the files in the folder byeEF.tmp or something like that(only the files, not in folders). it should be around 250mb. then run patch.exe and when completed run bf2cdkeycheck.exe

Comment

• Re: Solution to "Patching Failed"

I get a message saying that 3000mb of free space is needed when trying to update. It never asks where BF2 is or anything. Then I can only click "OK" and the update program closes. BF2 is on D-drive which has around 70 gigs of free space and C-drive is for windows only and there is no way I can make up the missing disk space for C drive...

Comment

if you get patch fail it's proberly your user name in windows there is wrong if it contains ,å,ø,æ,é,´and so on
                        se here http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=43131

Comment

Originally posted by champ
                          if you get patch fail it's proberly your user name in windows there is wrong if it contains ,å,ø,æ,é,´and so on
                          That worked for me! Gone the frustrations! Thanks champ...

Comment

Originally posted by champ
                            Finally I can play v1.12. Whohoooo!!!

Comment

nice to help......... did't self think it whot work but com works funny some times

Comment

I feel ill kill someone........ i am having this problem in patch 1.12, and i had the same problem in 1.2 and 1.3. but the most frustating is that i used the cmd method( Middle step-by-step) in 1.2 and 1.3 and it worked. but now the f**** doesnt work in 1.12.

i go normally till when i have to type:

patch.exe "c:\program files\ea games\battlefield 2"

then it says " could not find patch file"

in previous patchs, i first had this prob too, and now i cant remember wht i done to solve this.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help

Comment

Working...
                                X