No announcement yet.

Solution to "Patching Failed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, I had same problem with 'patching failed' and patching through command promp helped. But now i can't run the game. Only black screen appears and then shutdown the game. Don't you know why?

Comment

I donĀ“t know whats the Problem in this. I had no Problem with Patch 1.02. Hard to understand that there is a problem when we not all have it.

Anyone knows why this Problem comes for some people and not for all ?

Wolfseye

Comment

Hello

I have a strange problem. First i got the same problem "patching failed" i have fix it to download a zip file patch 13mb put it in the program files/ea games/battlefield2 folder and install it there.
        Then i have the 16mb patch (from official site) installed and the patch was "install complete" so i was happy for a while. So i was clicking on a server and he was ready to join the battle, but every time when he is ready then he is going back to the menu and i got this "server only allow unmodified version....etc" the whole time when i want in server :S:S????

can someone plz help me

Comment

check out my response on previous page

Comment

oh oke sry that i have not read it but...

WHAT YOU MEAN HERE "Full uninstall, including profiles etc in "My Documents" folder.
            Full install.
            Go to Punkbuster website and do as they say. (DL PBWEB.exe to PB folder and install).
            Then run the 1.02 patch."

You must delete your profile ( my score is good on bf2 so if i delete it im not happy). And the 1.02 patch you mean,
            is that the 16mb patch or the 13mb patch zip file. you know the patch.exe and not THAT official patch (16mb)

my englishisnogood

Comment

Hello guys, i have fix the patching failed problem now.
              And this must work, its not so difficult if you think. What Hirogen say is treu :laugh:

I was going to my friend,
              I have copy al his bf2 files on a DVD and i put the files on my pc, it works because all errors that i had with install the 1.02 patch are now gone. On my friend's pc is everything work fine and he has no errors, so al his GOOD FILES WITH NO ERRORS are now on my pc.
              And i can play now with 1.02 patch

so try it.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Leki!!!

Dude! It really worked! :cry: It did help. Thats why i love cmd it tells you everything! I am a software developer myself and i prefer console applications for running some deep **** stuf.

Thanks again! EA is a crappy company, not because of developers but because of crappy management! I still cant belive they took out COOP mode. They should be thankful to those BF dedicated people that make their shitty product work!

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
                  @Al_Capwn

heh you could have least given me credit for this fix since you took it from my post on the planetbattlefield forums

but this fix is for the error "Can't find install folder for battlefield 2"

----

to fix this prob you need to do the following

(below is done by Ragnar 11651173)

Execute Patcher, Choose language, wait for welcome screen, don't hit continue.

go to your documents folder and to this location:

c:\documents\YOUR USERNAME\local settings\temp

and look for a folder which looks like {BLAH....} lots of numbers and chars. Go into that folder structure and copy the files in it (e.g. patch.exe, all the files) to a folder where you can execute them (e.g. create a dir named C:\temp)

then open a commandpromt (type "cmd" in run/execute at startmenu) and go to your new created folder with the patchdata. Execute the with the following line (edit to your installfolder location of course):

patch.exe "c:\FolderWhereBF 2Is"

Watch the magic happen.
                  I'm a Clueless n00b and do not know how to do this properly. I don't understand whether the folder with all the random characters has to have bf2 stuff in it. Another thing is that I don't know how to go to the new folder using the command prompt screen. My folder is c:\program files\ea games\battlefield 2, but I do not know how to get there. Can someone help me out?

Comment

well.. when the patch.exe finish ok.. but when I try to enter in the game it stay with black screen and close.

can someone help me?

Comment

my trouble was is saying Patching Failed try freeing up about 3gb of space and that solved it

Comment

well I tried everything on this thread . I finally reformatted on a old Hard drive I had then used the zip file posted in this thread! I ran it several times and it would get a lil further towards completion each time???? once It got past that same file that always kills it I ran the patch normally and it worked! go figure? anyway after a few days of playing My game crashed and on restart I started getting the same error ? I repeated the patch process and Have had no probs since!

thanks total bf2 and all who posted here!

Comment

I d/l the .zip file from this thread, tried to unziop it...gues what... Freaking patch.rtp is CORRUPT !! Cant be extracted!! ARGH !!!!
                          What is wrong wif this thing!

Comment

Well updated punkbuster..and run the patch againerrors were detected..so i took a look at the patchlog...this is wat it read."
                            "----- Patch File Processing Complete -----

-----------------------------------------------------
                            - Results of Application of Patch File -
                            File Patches Applied ......................... ( 58)

Files Modified .................. ( 57)
                            Files Renamed. .................. ( 0)
                            Files Added ..................... ( 0)
                            Files Deleted ................... ( 1)
                            Temporary Files Processed........ ( 0)

File Patches Skipped: New Files Up-To-Date.... ( 8)

File Patches Ignored: Old Files Missing....... ( 11)
                            Old Files Invalid....... ( 4)
                            Total File Patches Processed ................. ( 81)
                            -----------------------------------------------------"

Does this mean i have it all patched? althogh i had a couple of 'warning wpt0036: Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
                            found. No update done since file contents do not match." erros most notibly this one ---->Ojects server.zip....but it says patch successfully??
                            Applying HISTORY File Patch for 'mods\bf2\Objects_server.zip'

Updating ...
                            Updating to next version ...
                            File successfully Updated!
                            ..................So i just launch the game and tried joining..guess what..same error"server only allow unmodified content blah blah blah..."

Bloody Freaking He$# !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Disk free space indeed....

The comment about the disk free space needed to be quite high is correct... some digging in the patch revealed that a program inside the patch needs a lot of disk free space. This is due to the fact that the game is quite large and the patch program needs space to be able to read through and change large files on the disk. The patch program exits with an error without even trying to patch if you do not have enough disk space, so trying anything before freeing up the space is completely pointless!!!

Marcus.

Comment

Re: Disk free space indeed....

Originally posted by Marcus1981
                                The comment about the disk free space needed to be quite high is correct..The patch program exits with an error without even trying to patch if you do not have enough disk space, so trying anything before freeing up the space is completely pointless!!!

Marcus.
                                Well tell u all what...now i get those insanity errors..cant play the D@m# game...wasted my money..so this is EA...the Suck big time..And memory!??! Its a bunch of bull...i have 8GB of HDD space left!

Comment

Working...
                                X