Solution to "Patching Failed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Solution to "Patching Failed"

Have you tried creating a new account with administrative rights, and run/reninstall BF from there?
    Also, what driver version are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
      Have you tried creating a new account with administrative rights, and run/reninstall BF from there?
      Also, what driver version are you using?
      I've no problems installing the game, its the patching. Could that still help.

As to video drivers, its 6.14.0010.8198. I downloaded them from Nvidia yesterday.

Comment

It might be worth to at least try to install the patch from a new account.
        Let me know if it helps.

Drivers 81.98 should be fine.

Comment

I haven't tried it yet due to the insane amount of time it takes for installation of the latest patch. It would help however, if when manual patching, if I knew what I was to do with the installshield program.

I think I will try it tonight though.

Comment

Installed and patched from a new account, and the SOB finally works.

Cheers for the help everyone.

Comment

Good to hear it worked for you mate

Have fun

Comment

I've read the numerous posts about all patching failed errors with different solutions. I've tried most of them as I too have had the same installation problems. I had the md5errors when installing the game and patching failed errors. But guess what none of these solutions worked for me until I came across a post about running a memory test on my computers RAM. Walah! Within the first few seconds of the test I was inundated with about 2000 memory errors. It turned out that I had installed a new 256mb DIMM to go along with my 512mb DIMM. Both were different brands. I removed the 256mb DIMM and tried reinstalling BF2, low and behold it installed and patched without a single error.

I purchased a new 512mb DIMM to match my currently installed 512mb DIMM (PQI brand by the way) to bring me to 1 gig of RAM. I've played BF2 for about 3 months now without any problems other than the occasional memory sanity error.

Ok, today I bought the BF2: Special Forces add-on started installing it and BAM! got the same errors I was having before, md5error on installing it and patching failed error when patching. I thought, how could this be, my memory chips are the same brand. But I knew right away probably was still my 2 memory DIMMS being somewhat incompatible. Apparently if you do not purchase them in pairs at the same time as I did not, mine were manufactured at different times approx. a year apart, you get slight variances in material in manufacturing which would cause some slight incompatibility. So after a few unsuccessful attempts at installation I decided to take one DIMM out and walah! again game installed without a hitch.

So anyone having these problems check you memory to make sure they aren't conflicting. Feel free to email me with any questions or reply in this thread.

Comment

hey,

i have ran the patch it got stuck at the objects part then said it failed.. it still occupied the space and i deleted something else to patch again but it also failed and now 4gigs of my hdd are gone.. where or how can i get rid of the patch files or whatevers taking up the space.

thanks for any help

Comment

An elementary question, but did you have any web pages, programs etc running while patching.

I didn't and it helped a lot.

Comment

Patch 1.2
                      "Patching Failed" problem

Solution:
                      download from somewhere else!
                      i tried to download the patch from EAGAMES 2 times for v1.2 and I tried also 1 time for patch 1.12. every time i tried to patch i got the same error (patching failed).
                      I downloaded the patch from GamersHell website, it's a ZIP file and i think that the .EXE from EAGAMES get corrupt or something on the download because it worked the first time!
                      I finnaly have BF2 patched and working!

Hope i'll work for you!

Comment

hey salemac, that fix totally works! dont get me wrong (maybe its my frustration talking), the ea update in the server are shagged! . i am downloading the incremental patches from gameshell and will do in future.

thanks

regards,

76SOG-raidenIIQ

Comment

Originally posted by joshsslade
                          hey,

i have ran the patch it got stuck at the objects part then said it failed.. it still occupied the space and i deleted something else to patch again but it also failed and now 4gigs of my hdd are gone.. where or how can i get rid of the patch files or whatevers taking up the space.

thanks for any help
                          My guess is that the files are in hidden temp folders. Use Crap Cleaner (www.ccleaner.com, or google it.), it throws off all that temp ****e and other crap likes cookies. Also fixes registery for left over keys!

As for the patch. I'm manually downloading a .zip version at the moment. I've done torrent downloads of the .exe, but even those didn't work. (For some reason I'm having trouble downloading big files.) I hope this zip version works.

Update: It doesn't. Patching failed, once again. There's no such {BLAH} temp folder, either. (Yes, I know "BLAH" should respresent numbers.)

Comment

Originally posted by lgmccoy1
                            I've read the numerous posts about all patching failed errors with different solutions. I've tried most of them as I too have had the same installation problems. I had the md5errors when installing the game and patching failed errors. But guess what none of these solutions worked for me until I came across a post about running a memory test on my computers RAM. Walah! Within the first few seconds of the test I was inundated with about 2000 memory errors. It turned out that I had installed a new 256mb DIMM to go along with my 512mb DIMM. Both were different brands. I removed the 256mb DIMM and tried reinstalling BF2, low and behold it installed and patched without a single error.

I purchased a new 512mb DIMM to match my currently installed 512mb DIMM (PQI brand by the way) to bring me to 1 gig of RAM. I've played BF2 for about 3 months now without any problems other than the occasional memory sanity error.

Ok, today I bought the BF2: Special Forces add-on started installing it and BAM! got the same errors I was having before, md5error on installing it and patching failed error when patching. I thought, how could this be, my memory chips are the same brand. But I knew right away probably was still my 2 memory DIMMS being somewhat incompatible. Apparently if you do not purchase them in pairs at the same time as I did not, mine were manufactured at different times approx. a year apart, you get slight variances in material in manufacturing which would cause some slight incompatibility. So after a few unsuccessful attempts at installation I decided to take one DIMM out and walah! again game installed without a hitch.

So anyone having these problems check you memory to make sure they aren't conflicting. Feel free to email me with any questions or reply in this thread.

It took me 3 days to finally figure out what was going on. This is exactly what my problem was. I removed one of my dimms and patched (incremental). I'm a happy camper now, and to think I was getting so frustrated I couldn't sleep.

If you are having a "0009" code in your "patchlog" file, try removing one of your memory sticks before patching. For some reason read/write doen't like the duel memory. Or maybe it's because I have some cheap stuff in my rig.

Comment

i tried every thing

still

not working

also patch 1.3

this error pairs in the patchlog.txt

error ept0009: Invalid Patch File 'C:\DOCUME~1\XPPRESP3\LOCALS~1\Temp\{6D63B4A5-9C89-4D3F-98AA-A7E29EF36493}\{F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F}\patch.rtp'

help please

Comment

Once I took out one or my duel ram pieces, it worked. If you are using duel ram, take out one of the ram boards before patching. After patching you can put the second board back in to play the game.

While the patch file is being decompressed, it is very ram intense. If there is any type of error (even very small that does not effect other applications) it can cause a bad unzipped patch file.

If you don't have duel ram, just swap out your ram with a friend's or something and try that. This is also common if you are using "value" ram for your rig.

Comment

Working...
                                X