Solution to "Patching Failed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Solution to "Patching Failed"

Hi all just thought i would post here to let you know what i did to get this patch to work . After trying all the methods given to no avail i hit on a idea the patch usually fails after 67% of the file transfer 8% overall when the poxy little error message comes up DONT do what i had been doing for 3 days uninstall reinstall etc i just started the patch up again it carries on from where it left off , it will fail a few more times at say 15% and 25% but then it files through well it has for me and alls good hope this can help a few others

Comment

I am having an extreme problem. It works for patching BF2, but when I try to patch special forces, and it stops at 34% and I can't play the game. help?

bump, please help

Comment

Make sure virus detectors are off. make sure you have adequate space. Try reinstalling sf and then 1.41 again. If you have 1.41 downloaded and keep trying the same one, try downloading another one from a different resource.

Try booting up in safe mode and installing it from there.

Comment

Just signed up to the forum to let people know how I resolved this one. I think most people are having problems with RAM, but it may not be a fautly module. To give some background first:

I recently purchased a new machine and was running XP on it, and BF2 patched fine. It was a hybrid motherboard that allows DDR400 (from my old PC) and new DDR2. Anyway I upgraded to Vista and decided I needed 2Gb RAM so purchased DDR2, only to find that it caused LOTS of problems. I went back to my motherboard manufacturer who advised me to run the memory in "compatibility mode", which is a setting on my motherboard or for the last resort update to the latest BIOS version for my m/board.

So I ran PC in compatibility mode and found that the new RAM worked fine but the performance of it was way underpar. Indeed it was actually slower than 1Gb of my old DDR400! So I flash upgraded the motherboard and can run the RAM fine.

So I re-install Vista and BF2 and then hit the patching failed problem people have been having. I went back to the BIOS, turned on compatibility mode for my RAM and the patch then installed fine. I have now turned my compatibility mode off again and the game runs fine (except for when it boots back to the desktop every 15 minutes but I understand that a lot of Vista users have that problem and it's most likely nVidia drivers).

So my suggestion to those of you having problems is to play with your RAM a bit. See if you can slow it down, if you have two modules maybe remove one etc.

Comment

How would you go about slowing down the ram? You see i finally managed to patch the game after having this problem, then a a month or so later i had to re install. Now it won't work.
            How would i go about slowing it down?

Comment

no one will reply but when i click on the patch 1.41 nothing even happens i mean i let it load but then it just stop no message or anything it just completly stops.

Comment

GOT A POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!

I know this is an old thread, but through my searches on the net I still haven't found a solution. And after many replies with the same answer from EA support, nothing.

I was running the game fine on a previous system. MB went bad so I replaced it with a more recent model and upgraded my memory. Everything was the same. Started having all the patch issues and the "memory not sane" messges.

After getting fed up with EA and ready to scrap the game, I tried troubleshooting my components. The first thing I did was put my old memory back in. PATCH WORKED fine without a hiccup.

I was getting lockups when I started the game (without patch), but now, it's running fine.

Double check that your memory is compatible with your MB, and go from there. My new memory was (4) 1gig 800 mhz from Patriot. Went back to (2) Kingston 1 gig 667 mhz. That's the best I can provide. I'm back to shootin'

Comment

This is what i did,
                  1) Turned off all anit-virus (even if you just shut it down doesnt mean its off, go into all your anti virus and check the settings to make sure the protection is off)
                  2) go into My Computer>LocalDisk>Documents and Settings>"Your Name Here">
                  Local Settings>TEMP. and delete everything in that file (sometimes it will say "Can not remove.Might be used by program" if so then delete them a few at a time till the folder is empty) then clear out the Temporary Internet Files folder.
                  3) Install BF2
                  4) download and install patch 1.41

5) make sure your screen settings are set right for your monitor or the game will crash when started

6) log in so i can hunt you down, good luck fellas Ark.:salute:

Comment

First, Try this.

Place the patch in your desktop and run it from there. If that still don't work, then you are having registry problems. This is how you fix it:

1.Go To Start > Run > Type "regedit" (without quotes)

2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2

3. Then right click on the right hand window and go on NEW string value,then enter InstallDir for the string name and for the value enter D:\GAMES\Battlefield 2

(or whatever your BF2 Path is)
                    used this method and worked brilliantly cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X