BF2142 Comes to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sonicpixel
    Some other games are extraordinarily long-lived because the have much more content than we do with BF2142. User created content has really extended the life and playibility of many popular FPS games. Mods will help BF2142 stay viable for many more years.
    I can only hope DICE will release the map editor or whatever it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicpixel
      Some other games are extraordinarily long-lived because the have much more content than we do with BF2142. User created content has really extended the life and playibility of many popular FPS games. Mods will help BF2142 stay viable for many more years.
      Mods will make it so you have to have servers offering that mod, and then you end up with a divided community.

Like the Conflict 2142 and First Strike mods, sure they'll be popular I'm sure, but that just makes it 50% playing vanilla (+/- NS), 25% with Conflict 2142, and 25% with First Strike...

Comment

• i love this game but it need help and fast.

Comment

• Mods will make it so you have to have servers offering that mod, and then you end up with a divided community.
          Some people like chess and use a chessboard. Some others like checkers and use a checkerboard. Both boards are similar if not exactly the same. Other folks like to play backgammon, parcheesi, etc. which all use different boards.

My point is that Conflict 2142 and First Strike mods are still Battlefield. There will be more game variety and fewer servers playing the same maps over-and-over again. So, you'll have to disconnect from one server to join a different mod on another. I have NO problem with any of these things.

Shoot, I still play BF1942 mods and have a ton of fun. It is challenging to get enough players together for a game, but said game is many years old now and you're all here playing 2142! Plus, mod servers are unranked and I've found that to be better for serious fraggin vs. point accumulation.

I say, the more mods the better! :salute:

Comment

• Geeez...look what happens when i don't play for a couple of weeks........ :-(

Larry

Comment

• lol namvet why don't you go to 2142-stats.com and get a sig instead of typing out all your stats

Comment

Working...
              X