Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the alpha leaks help you decide on BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did the alpha leaks help you decide on BF3?

I wanted to be a game developer, I was taking the programming courses and whatnot, but I had no move to California. Now I don't know what I want to do in life, and college is a pain in the ass for little benefits unless I want to be a doctor or some crazy job that requires years and years of learning.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      I dont know about that, Im sure they have to work some crazy hours and deadlines. I hate programming, but if I had one wish to change jobs with the knowledge needed to be successful in it, I think it would be game development.

Crunch
      I know I wouldn't. Their work schedules are ridiculous. I couldn't imagine working weekends and overtime almost every day for years. But big developers do get paid a nice hefty sum. I remember watching a video about IW when they were making MW2 and they showed their car park...full of sports cars. It's unfortunate they don't have time to spend with their money :P
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
        I know I wouldn't. Their work schedules are ridiculous. I couldn't imagine working weekends and overtime almost every day for years. But big developers do get paid a nice hefty sum. I remember watching a video about IW when they were making MW2 and they showed their car park...full of sports cars. It's unfortunate they don't have time to spend with their money :P
        It sucks...in June I had one weekend off and worked 12 hour shifts every day. Thats the career path I chose though....

I'd love to be a game developer though, I had alot of fun modding for bf42 and BF2(though there was alot of heartache with BF2 ) and mod tools were ever to come out on BF3 I'd start learning them as well....

Comment

Long time vet of 2142 here but I haven't played for ages. Most recent FPS I've played is Crysis 2 MP which is good for a quick blast when you have nothing to do but cannot compare to proper BF gameplay. So I was looking forward to BF3 but cannot help but feel I'm watching BFBC or CoD footage.

I'm hoping commorose, squads and massive maps make an appearance else I might just re-install 2142 on October 21st.

Comment

Well, you have 4 man squads with a squad leader and massive maps. No commorose though.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It's funny, when you have friends/clan mates to play with/communicate with. Commo Rose doesn't mean anything to you really, you just say it. Although I do fully support it being in the game.

Also, 3D spotting is really annoying and needs to go away, I'm not judging BF3 yet, but if its like BC2 then -_-

Comment

Based on the almost unanimous hate towards 3D spotting I have seen from the online community, who are usually the people running servers, I would expect a lot of servers to have it disabled if it is not fixed.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                X