Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 man squads confirmed

Originally posted by Kylee!
    I still don't understand why people think they're going to get teamwork playing with randoms. That'll never happen in any game ever no matter what kind of squad features are implemented.
    Very true.

Now, if they would just have working VOIP in the game that would go a long way toward improving teamwork.

Comment

really dont like the announcements so far. Im amazed that they can still manage to **** up such an awesome franchise. I put up with the bad features of BC2 because I knew it was a entirely different game, just like DICE said, but now 4 man squads, no squad leader and most likely to spawn on any team member? Really?!
      Oct. 25 will be the release of BC3 not BF3.
      Looks like MW series will still be king.

Comment

LOL HOW COME?!?? 64 MAPS AND ONLY 4 PLAYER SQUADS!?!? OMFG

Comment

Originally posted by hawtcakez
          really dont like the announcements so far. Im amazed that they can still manage to **** up such an awesome franchise. I put up with the bad features of BC2 because I knew it was a entirely different game, just like DICE said, but now 4 man squads, no squad leader and most likely to spawn on any team member? Really?!
          Oct. 25 will be the release of BC3 not BF3.
          Looks like MW series will still be king.
          4 man squads it looks like yes, but there is a squad leader and gameplay videos have shown there is no allspawning

whether that turns out different, no idea, there is gonna be a beta after all as well

MW is king of my toilet

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
            LOL HOW COME?!?? 64 MAPS AND ONLY 4 PLAYER SQUADS!?!? OMFG
            Vehicles regen health and will now explode a few seconds after being destroyed allowing all players including driver/pilot to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by AKULA
              In BF2 they realized that too much emphasis went towards keeping the SL alive and took away from the main goal which was to push forward and take flags. This is probably why they now allow you to spawn on anyone in your squad. I think it's an improvement.
              What? Emphasis on SQL, that I agree with, but what happened instead was at least some squad cohesion and some strategy to flag capping. When you had teamwork-oriented players in the squad, their efforts focused on what the squadleader ordered them to do. The survival of the squadleader was SQL-s own job, and if he was poor at it, people left his squad. His job was to get a mobile spawnpoint to the flags and issue basic orders /ask for commanders support.

There is more teamwork with SQL+n players than with this setup.

Comment

What would be nice if 4 man squad was considered a fire-team and 3 fire-teams make a squad. Fire-teams work exactly the same as your standard BF2 squad but the "real squad leader" is able to coordinate the 3 fireteams and support them by calling artillery/drone/logisitc crate (like the commander). But I'm quite sure it won'be like that.

I also think it's better with a squad leader spawn intead of everyone spawning on everyone, especially with the different uniform a squad leader could make a priority target and vice-versa the squad have to protect their leader.

Comment

Vehicles regen health and will now explode a few seconds after being destroyed allowing all players including driver/pilot to escape.
                  regen tiny amounts of health and the vehicles can be disabled

you can still blow them to bits with the right firepower

but shooting a humvee for example with an rpg etc will not necessarily destroy the vehicle but will probably kill someone or all inside apparently

as for squads, it does look like 4 man squads then again rush might be limited to 32 players (for the sake of gameplay) while conquest max is 64, so maybe it scales I dunno
                  hopefully they clarify some stuff but at the moment its 4 man squads and only spawning on squad leader

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                    What would be nice if 4 man squad was considered a fire-team and 3 fire-teams make a squad. Fire-teams work exactly the same as your standard BF2 squad but the "real squad leader" is able to coordinate the 3 fireteams and support them by calling artillery/drone/logisitc crate (like the commander). But I'm quite sure it won'be like that.

I also think it's better with a squad leader spawn intead of everyone spawning on everyone, especially with the different uniform a squad leader could make a priority target and vice-versa the squad have to protect their leader.
                    Too complicated. It looks good on paper, but will almost never be used.

Comment

This disturbs me TBH, I've lost count of the number of times in BC2 when I've hit a Chopper with an AT-4 + increased explosive damage only to have the crew and passengers bail out and not get a single kill.
                      Now if the driver and maybe even the gunner were prevented from leaving a critically damaged vehicle, but the passengers could get out, I could live with this.
                      Or increase the lethal blast radius of a exploding vehicle.

4 man squads I don't like either, (stinks of console). If Rush was limited to 32 players I can deal with it but for 64 player Conquest then 6 man squads are the way to go.

Comment

Yeah, I dont like the armor route either. You get into a firefight with a tank and start to take it down, nothing makes you feel better that all your moves allowed you to make the other guy nervous enough to bail his vehicle. You then kill that guy and repair it and reap the spoils of war.

Now people can stay in the tank until the bitter end knowing they will escape. I wouldnt mind if there is a armor perk like in BC2 where it stops the explosion for a split second allowing you to escape, but to have it that way by default is a bit hokey.

The regen repair, though does not go to 100%, is taking away what little teamwork their was to begin with. Its bad enough engineers today have to run after vehicles to repair them, but now they can slip away and "heal" without the help of anyone else.

I guess we shall see though. If they make the regeneration slow enough, repair still matters.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Is that confirmed, or just an evil rumour?
                          That would make the role of AT-Engineer even more thankless than it is today.

Comment

It doesn't work the way hawtcakes said, I remember seeing it explained by one of the reps.

It was more if you're in a Humvee and it gets hit by an RPG then one or two people get killed depending on where and who the rocket hits, rather than the rocket hitting and killing blowing up the Humvee every single time no matter where it hits killing everyone instantly.

I would imagine being in a tank after its been blown up wouldn't give them much mercy.

Comment

its not totally confirmed but so far works like

as Kylee says if you are in a humvee or something the armour should protect the vehicle from instant destruction (if on full health) but don't expect to live if the door next to you got hit with the RPG

Tanks can be immobilised before they are destroyed, doesn't mean that when you reach 0 health you are immobilised, I think you can bisable different parts, like blow off tracks, tank can then be used like a stationary defensive emplacement
                              Engineers can repair it back to full health and as for regeneration it is only tiny amounts and depends where you were hit (if you immobilised you still need an engi) its not like you can hide behind a wall and self repair up to 100 you will need an engineer for proper repair

and I don't believe you will be saved from death in a tank, think it depends how heavily you are damaged but you still go kaboom

Comment

even at that humvees are not designed to be a combat vehicle, its a transport.
                                They get ripped apart.
                                And anything with the word regen, has COD written all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X