4 man squads confirmed :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 man squads confirmed :(

I was watching the BF3 live stream and they confirmed it being 4 man squads. His reasoning was to help increase teamplay, but 4 people is way too little

Re: 4 man squads confirmed

i think part of the decision to limit it to 4 was to balance that you can spawn on anyone. not sure if they'll keep that but i can see why they want to limit that.

Comment

I don't really mind the squads of four, but I would prefer it if they increased it to 5 (four + squad leader).

I'm more curious about what abilities the squad leader will have.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        i think part of the decision to limit it to 4 was to balance that you can spawn on anyone. not sure if they'll keep that but i can see why they want to limit that.
        It was also confirmed that there are squad leaders, so I'm not sure if you can spawn on anyone.

Comment

4 man squads is disappointing. I was hoping for 5 or 6.
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

4 man squad but you can only spawn on the squad leader (not just anyone), has been pointed out from one of the gameplay videos

I think thats good but with only squad leader spawn would have preferred maybe 5-6 people in a squad tbh

Comment

Maybe that is just a limitation of the FB2 engine, 4 man squads?

Comment

The guy in the live show said that the reason they have four man squads is to try to enhance gameplay by making everyone play a different kit a lot of the time. I think it also has to do with the fact that consoles only have 24 players. 4 squads of 6 players does not offer as much variety as 6 squads of 4 players.
                Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                  I think it also has to do with the fact that consoles only have 24 players. 4 squads of 6 players does not offer as much variety as 6 squads of 4 players.
                  This is why I am still optimistic for squad sizes being a server-side option.

Comment

Originally posted by cloakster
                    It was also confirmed that there are squad leaders, so I'm not sure if you can spawn on anyone.
                    they confirmed today that you can spawn on anyone.

Comment

What squadplay? This sounds more and more like BC3, and not BF3. Next thing they'll say is that medpacks are an unlockable, vehicles will have regen, helicopters only flyable in 2 axii and jets featured on 1 map on a DLC.

Oh, wait...

DICE, big words, now where have I seen this happen before?

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        they confirmed today that you can spawn on anyone.
                        Link? Source?

I don't get why all spawn should be in. Squad is suppose to be together so why would you give any choice to spawn elsewhere but the squad leader who the members are suppose to follow since he's the 'leader'. Don't want to play together with other people? Don't join a squad.

Comment

In BF2 they realized that too much emphasis went towards keeping the SL alive and took away from the main goal which was to push forward and take flags. This is probably why they now allow you to spawn on anyone in your squad. I think it's an improvement.

Comment

I dont really know how i feel about this. The thing that made only being able to spawn on the SL good is that it kept the squad together. The amount of times you join a squad in BC2 to have them all spread across the map with no real team effort happens far too often. Personally i think only being able to spawn on 1 SL is good because it keeps all the squad in contact with each other.

Comment

I still don't understand why people think they're going to get teamwork playing with randoms. That'll never happen in any game ever no matter what kind of squad features are implemented.

Comment

Working...
                              X