Weapons in the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weapons in the game

Battlefield 3 seems to be mixing realism into the gameplay quite well. I would like to see more games that require you to think a little more than solely rely on aiming skills. A game that requires one to slow the pace down a little while maintaining heavy firefights.

I don't want ArmA II but I certainly don't want Call of Duty.

So, to remain on topic with weapons, I'd like the following:

- Side-based weapons such as M16A4 MWS for the Marines and AK47s for terrorists, AK94s for Russians, etc. (I'm unaware of the factions in this game.)
    - Authentic weapon ROF and recoil. I'm sick and tiered of guns that fire insanely fast with 0 recoil. Think MoH and CoD style recoil - avoid it!
    - Authentic weapon reloading animations
    - Authentically modeled weapons.
    - Weapons take 1 second for accuracy to be optimal (think Project Reality).
    - I want a sound for reloading. When I hit "R" I want my character to shout "Reloading," when I take a rocket launcher out my character should shout "Clear back-blast," or when I throw a grenade I want "Frag out!"
    - Guns don't reload automatically when empty. I love the "Click" sound at the end of an empty magazine.

Enough of this unlocking superior weapons crap. Give the BluFor M16s and M4s, M249s and M240s, M40A4s and M107s, M9 Barettas and M1911A1s. Give OpFor AK74s and AK101s, RPKs and PMGs, SVDs and SSVDs.

Model proper attachments for each weapon. The M16A4 MWS and M4s have rail mounts for the same optics such as ACOGs, red dots and holographic sights, they have very distinctive mounts for these sighting systems. Then give them flashlights in their PEQs with IR lasers they can see with NVG. The LMGs also mount these optics on similar mounts. Keep it authentic! Authentic IS cool, enough of this left-side ejection port so our screen is cluttered with spent casings.

You want motivation and goals? Give people challenges they won't get rewards for. What ever happened to BF2's 0-profit bragging right awards? Have a ranking system based on the challenges completed. Maybe we can think of a non-gay perk system for the game. Also more teamwork oriented gameplay modes and challenges.

/ready for flaming

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
      - I want a sound for reloading. When I hit "R" I want my character to shout "Reloading," when I take a rocket launcher out my character should shout "Clear back-blast," or when I throw a grenade I want "Frag out!"
      I dont want to be with my silenced weapon going into some stealth assault and shout "RELOADING" at my enemies xD but yeah i have to agree with you , i want to ear what my character is saying not just what the others say. Also i dont want my character to automatically scream "SNIPAAAAH" , i want to be able to press Q and yell "SNIPAAAAH" by myself

Comment

Then have a condition in the programming that will disable the speech when alone or using certain weapons (silenced).

Comment

- Guns don't reload automatically when empty. I love the "Click" sound at the end of an empty magazine.
          I agree on most point but you certainly don't want that, there's enough problem like that in BC2 with your character screaming at everything when you try to go on a stealth mission. In Project Reality since you're talking about this mod you have to it manually with the commo rose and it's better that way.

Well there's no point since you can see how much ammo you have left and you can still switch weapon or run in a middle of a reloading.

Enough of this unlocking superior weapons crap.
          All the weapons are (normally) balanced, it just give you more options. And I don't think Dice will stop the unlocking system soon, it's a big part of BF now.

Yeah challenges in BF2 didn't promote teamwork at all, I remember a lot of people spawn camping for their gold classes medals (40 kills in a round). In BF1942/Vietnam there was no rewards and people were still spawn raping like crazy for the high score. You need something like X2 points at the end of the round if you win, hide K/D until the end of the round and really focus on the main goals, capturing and (especially) defending a position should earn you a lot of points so you don't go fragging everywhere like a headless chicken etc. Something we'll never see.

Comment

Well another way to promote teamwork would be to severely reduce points from kills and increase points from defending, assaulting, reviving, healing, resupplying, and capturing objectives.

On a side note, I hope we don't have regenerating health. I hope the ammo and medical system is BF2142 style.

To get back on topic; I would really like to see firefights last longer. If bullets fly within a certain distance of you (1m) your aim reduces by 0.1 for example until a total of 0.5 extra deviation or something. This would make suppressive fire really important and also make headshots (except by pistols) always 1 shot kill.

edit: With this system we could implement perks such as "Steal nerves" (lol) which lets your aim only reduce to 0.3 for example, or a counter to that being "Intimidation" which would cancel it out or make somebody not equipped with Steal Nerves drop to 0.7 deviation.

Comment

I've always wanted to see a game have a some kind of good suppression system. That would change the whole infantry game around.

Comment

Well, the ultimate goal of suppression is to have long firefights with few casualties and epic sound from the guns and explosions. See if you add cool (think: authentic) gun sounds (which I rarely see in games) it would be EPIC.

Imagine a 20 minutes firefight for the LAST flag where only 10 people get wounded and maybe 5 die and the fight is at about 150-200m range with tracers all over the place.

Comment

jizz

and we need explosions like this!

more jizz

Imagine if developers put this in games from the start?! Epiiiic

this is exactly the kind of "long firefight" with suppression I was talking about earlier.

Comment

Well I would still want it to be a BF game and not a MilSim.

Stuff like that would be perfect for a Project Reality 2.0 or something.

Comment

It can still be a Battlefield game with decent graphics and sound.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
                        To get back on topic; I would really like to see firefights last longer. If bullets fly within a certain distance of you (1m) your aim reduces by 0.1 for example until a total of 0.5 extra deviation or something. This would make suppressive fire really important and also make headshots (except by pistols) always 1 shot kill.

edit: With this system we could implement perks such as "Steal nerves" (lol) which lets your aim only reduce to 0.3 for example, or a counter to that being "Intimidation" which would cancel it out or make somebody not equipped with Steal Nerves drop to 0.7 deviation.
                        That would encourage people to just run around and spray with high ROF weapons, because the target would be unable to shoot straight once the bulletstorm starts.

And I don't like these kind of perks, that taking it too far toward arcade style.
                        Equipment benefits like flak vests, scopes and extra magazines are OK, but the base stats should be the same for everyone, its not an RPG (yet)

Comment

Oh, and By the way, Russia only uses the AN94 for its SF units. Its too expensive to mass produce, and is an ergonomic nightmare. If russia was featured they would have to use the AK74 for full authenticity.

Comment

Well there's Russians, EU, USMC, and MEC. So we should get a pretty diverse set of weaponry to play with. I just hope weapons are unique to each faction online and in SP.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Also, I hope that unlocks are done in Tiers, not in specific weapons (like in MoH:T1, where you unlock 2 weapons each level, like unlocking the M21 and the SVD, but you only can get the M21 on the T1 operators side and the SVD on the tali- I mean, "OpFor" side)

Comment

Red Orchestra 2 uses a supression system where you screen goes blurry, your hands start shaking and you have to go to cover to regain your morale (a cover without bullets flying near you of course). But I don't think it's good for an arcade game like Vreki said.

As for the weapons I hope they remove the XM8 prototype!

Comment

Working...
                                X