• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weapons in the game

better be ha

as for the subject of noob weapons

such as the M60 etc

I think the issue is more that they just enable noobs to perform above their level of noobdom
    Should a noob be rewarded with a gun that compensates for his suckiness? Not really, the M60 was godmode, and since it was a noob enabler gun if you gave it to anyone with half a brain the entire enemy team would be wiped out, the AN94 as well, sure you can use an M416 or XM8 and conserve ammo (if you are a good player) but it ain't right that the noob should still get a rail gun (that did do too much damage originally)

faction specific weapons are great imo and a good idea, I think maybe even you could have a type of unlock where you could pick one weapon from the other team to unlock (but only very rarely and after loads and loads of ranks) but they all gotta be balanced

which is why I pray Demize has learned from his shocking mistakes in BC2

Comment

I found this great article the other day that seems to fit in game development as well:

Im going to write a blog about how these are very true to many different things, but gaming it is hitting hard. Demize seems to rely a lot on #4 regardless of anything else presented.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

lol yes indeed

its weird because in 2142 he did a good job, that game had great balance imo

BC2 though :/ you could tell he wasn't even playing the game (lol heli flares work ha) and just made changes by looking at the weapon spreadsheets and then thinking that DPS was suddenly the only statistic he should consider, without even using the gun in game or thinking about other aspects

really hope he gets it right in BF3, or someone checks what he is doing

Comment

Yeah, on release everything was pretty good and a few things needed fixing and a couple/3 weapons needed some adjustments, but then it all went crazy and downhill after that. Its about OK now. Things were put back some and those adjustements were done.

I think part of the problem with going by the stats, is people will play certain weapons to get stars as well. Its a quick way to rank up. So the charts and graphs show no issue with a weapon when in fact it gets dumped as soon as enough stars are achieved.

Of course, I dont know what stats and totals they are looking at. Maybe they take that into account also, but I would be surprised if they went into those types of calculations.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

yeh he saw problems where non existed and went on his whole "bringing everything in line" crusade, when he only needed to change a few things

yeh its not just usage stats which are misleading, because at a time the M16 was one of the most used guns etc but I gaurantee that its just because its at the end of the unlock tree, most people think it has to be the best, same with a lot of other guns, they only get used for the sake of being used and then never are again

if he had considered stuff like spread and the accuracy of some guns and how that translates in game, he could have done a much better job rather than just looking at time to kill and dps etc

thats why the M16 got nerfed and it was never an OP gun or in need of a nerfing and is now more or less poop

Comment

Working...
            X