No announcement yet.

How should Jets and AA be done in BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How should Jets and AA be done in BF3?

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    And thats why talking about BF3 falls in the ****ter. Like it or not 2142 WAS a true Battlefield game, and after some tweaks and fixes was more balanced than BF2 could be. Make all the walls of text you want, its not going away and its not changing the play.

Yeah, CS:S syndrome hit the BF2 community with that one. Guess whats going to happen when BF3 is out? Go ahead, guess. I see all these posts on guess this and guess that. Lets make one "Guess when people will start saying they are bored." Guess when people will start saying its not BF2." Id say start one that says "Guess when people start saying its BC3" but that already past.

Its obvious DICE is taking things from all the Battlefields AND Bad Companies AND mods. They are changing it up a lot.

Crunch
    Like it or not they were two different games that can't be compared when talking about balance especially Jets. 2142 wasn't a direct sequel of BF2. You want
    to compare 2142 to BF2 compare how many people played the game. I wouldn't have played it if it was free. I bought it and didn't play it. Many people bought it and didn't play it.

Originally posted by Vreki
    Well, the number of AT kits able to bear on a specific tank is usually limited by the terrain. A Jet would be targetable from almost anywhere on the map.
    To me that sounds like you didn't play BF2. In no way does a stinger target a jet anywhere on the map. You easily have a wider range of target with a AT.

Originally posted by Vreki
    Oh, stealt edit. Classy.
    Its a nice K/D you have there, but it doesnt tell a thing about how many Jets you have killed, and how many shots it took.
    I dont think that data is available outside EA.

I also fail to see why you think the gameplay will be a direct sucessor to BF2.
    BF2142 was the direct successor on Refractor, and BC2 the predecessor on Frostbite.

BF3 is more likely to be a mix of the mechanics from these two than a clone of BF2. There is a reason why DICE changed things, you know.
    It shows that I was able to achieve a good kdr running the jets primary anti vehicle. Meaning in the 3000+ hours I've put in on vehicle servers I had an overall different experience than the few you put in. BC2 is a direct sequal of BC1. 2142 was more of a mod it wasn't a successor in any way shape or form. It wasn't meant to be a successor it wasn't advertised to be a successor or a sequel.

BF3 has been advertised as a direct sequel to BF2 like it or not.

The main reason these threads are pointless is because on average the human population isn't very bright.

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
      wahahah EPEEN STROKING YES

http://bf2s.com/player/44444166/
      This website is for sale! 2142-stats.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 2142-stats.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/MrChris_CJ/ (and the semi BF game)

as you can see I am qualified to tell God how to play Battlefield
      Only one of those matters.

Comment

but it all increase epeen

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
          To me that sounds like you didn't play BF2. In no way does a stinger target a jet anywhere on the map. You easily have a wider range of target with a AT.
          I am not talking about BF2. More people will have line of sight to an aircraft than to a vehicle in the terrain.

Comment

The only reason 2142 should be brought up in a discussion about balancing BF3 is WHAT NOT TO DO. As the game was pretty much a failure. I realize a lot of fanboys of 2142 hangout here but that's the truth. 2142 never had good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
              The only reason 2142 should be brought up in a discussion about balancing BF3 is WHAT NOT TO DO. As the game was pretty much a failure. I realize a lot of fanboys of 2142 hangout here but that's the truth. 2142 never had good numbers.
              Which is why BF3 is going to be a failure. Because its going to have 2142 and BC things in it.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Geez, Im/Used to be a BF2 fanboy... and I think all think this 2142 hate is unprecidented.

Comment

Bring these guys back-

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                    Geez, Im/Used to be a BF2 fanboy... and I think all think this 2142 hate is unprecidented.
                    Yeah, its a shame ignorance is not though.

Crunch

Comment

When I see that the kit makeout is the exact same as 2142 I will agree. I'm pretty sure that just because the number of kits are the same it doesn't mean it's going to actually be the same.

BF2 had things in it from (insert any fps game in history here) I think they can easily take stuff from 2142 or BC2 and still make a good game. What I know for a fact is you can't use 2142 to talk about balance with jets and say 2142 did fine because 2142 never did fine. It was a paperweight for most people who bought it.

Comment

I just thought of another thing for jets. If I bail out, I don't want the wing or any part of the jet to kill me.

Launch me into the air about 50 feet like this:

Comment

Yeah! An awesome bail out would be great instead of just falling through your plane

Crunch

Comment

Back on topic please.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                              Yeah! An awesome bail out would be great instead of just falling through your plane

Crunch
                              Whats wrong with burning up alive inside the plane?

Another question is: If AA is balanced against Jets, what will happen to Helicopters? Their low speed makes them a much easier target, so they will need to be significantly heavier armored.

Comment

Nothing wrong wtih that, but if you do manage to bail, wouldnt it be awesome to be jettisoned?

I dont know the stats for sure, but I think the helis are more heavily armored and, yeah, they would have to be because of their speed. Unless someone could see a way around it?

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                                X