X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is everyones opinion on...

Originally posted by Vreki
    Or just avoid overpowered weapons altogether.
    I got the impression that demize was aware of the potential issues with Jets, so it will be interesting to see how they balance things.
    Yeah, he already quoted some time back that it will "Be better this time" about that.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Two per team, which could get to anywhere on the map in 5 seconds. So limit Javelins to two per team and give them Jetboots so they can jump to anywhere on the map. Are we balanced now?
      Takes jets longer than 5 seconds to get anywhere on the map and line up for a bombing run. Even then, there are countermeasures to jets, such as AA guns scattered around and on some maps, mobile AA. If you give a team two javelins, the only way to counter it is bailing out of your tank and sprinting to get away from the explosion.

You even ever fly in BF2? Or play BF2 for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
        such as AA guns scattered around and on some maps, mobile AA.
        I understand the argument is about a javelin, but I think weve already been over how the AA didnt work and the mobile stuff was on specific maps that were usually not included in rotation. As well as choppers being able to take out AA of all kind from a safe distance before lock on.

But please, continue on.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          I understand the argument is about a javelin, but I think weve already been over how the AA didnt work and the mobile stuff was on specific maps that were usually not included in rotation. As well as choppers being able to take out AA of all kind from a safe distance before lock on.

But please, continue on.

Crunch
          Not really, the Javelin is just an analogy to make people have an unbiased look at the cababilties of Jets.

Originally posted by Spik3d
          You even ever fly in BF2? Or play BF2 for that matter?
          Dont be daft, if you are a BF2 vet then you must know that the arguments form both sides have been reposted ad nauseum since the game was released. There is nothing new here.
          I am sure you have seen the arguments made by Crunch a 1000 times before.

I never flew the jets in combat, that is true, but I have experience the futility of defending against them and watched them top the scoreboards again and again. My stats may suck, but the doesnt really influence the arguments.

@Demize99 Please tell me extra effort is going into balancing jets. They broke the classic BF rock-paper-scissors balance in BF2.
          @becktionary Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time. #BF3

See?
          A lot of players felt that the only counter to a jet was bailing out of your tank.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

But please, continue on.

Crunch
            I played on Dragon Valley, which had a lot of static AA and at least one mobile AA or two if USMC capped the River Village. Maybe other "more common" maps, like Wake, weren't so balanced...

Also, only idiots would be sitting in the AA before enemies came within range. About viewing ranges, you remember Sharqi Peninsula: Where the AA east of the construction site could lock onto the chopper at the hotel before it even took off and you couldn't even see it? You're not complaining about that now, are you?

AA "not working" was never a problem for me against jets (excluding the J10), only against choppers with their shoddy hitboxes.

Dont be daft, if you are a BF2 vet then you must know that the arguments form both sides have been reposted ad nauseum since the game was released. There is nothing new here.
            I am sure you have seen the arguments made by Crunch a 1000 times before.

I never flew the jets in combat, that is true, but I have experience the futility of defending against them and watched them top the scoreboards again and again. My stats may suck, but the doesnt really influence the arguments.
            I have the experience of both sides and I have never played a game where I was being raped by jets that much or where I was raping in a jet that much.

Sure they top the scoreboard, but jets can rack up a lot of points. They're jets, they get to flags which are being capped faster, they can clear it faster, so they're taking points away from the tank or jeep on their way to the flag. And it's not like there was nowhere to hide from the impending jet once you neutralized a flag, all you really had to do was step out of the capping range and stay away from the common "hiding" spots.

@Demize99 Please tell me extra effort is going into balancing jets. They broke the classic BF rock-paper-scissors balance in BF2.
            @becktionary Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time. #BF3

See?
            A lot of players felt that the only counter to a jet was bailing out of your tank.
            That's why you should have someone hop in your team's jet(s) or jump in an AA gun. Also, using someone's query to Demize isn't very good evidence, people complain about anything that kills them repeatedly as being overpowered.

Comment

I don't know why we are doing this again, nobody is going to change their mind anyway.

Lets just hope that BF3 can make everybody happy.

Comment

Two per team, which could get to anywhere on the map in 5 seconds. So limit Javelins to two per team and give them Jetboots so they can jump to anywhere on the map. Are we balanced now?

Surely 32 players can manage to kill one javelin user

Hmm, I sense that Chris_Redfield is preparing a wall of text, better take cover.
                Because a javelin user would stand out on the map with a javelin icon or something right? Way to miss the point?

My point is the weapon takes NO SKILL to use.

I see people trying to compare it to jets? WTF. How is mastering flight comparable to using something which could be somewhat effectively used by the blind?

Weapons like javelins have no place in a game like battlefield. Go burn ants or something.

Comment

Aannnnndddd, were done.

Thread derailed.

:locked:

Make a new thread about how awesome/terrible jets were in BF2 and how they should be in BF3. Try to be civil so I dont have to lock it.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                  X