X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graph over kills per weapon

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
    time for some Redfield style mega posts dawgs

On the contrary you should be able to turn around and shoot that guy in the face. If he finds you looking the other way, gets off the first shots and still sucks enough to fail, I would turn around, mow him in the face and lol to myself.

The thing with the knife is, is that it is entirely different to other battlefields. For a start you don't need to select the weapon, you simply press the win button and most of the time, reg willing you will insta kill the guy. The amount of times I have seen smacktards go for their knives when they are miles away, or those guys that somehow slide across 5 metres to stab someone. It's somewhat comparable to the backstab in TF2, but in a much simpler and easier way. Personally the system doesn't bother me that great a deal, I do prefer the past system because it meant knife kills were rewarding and challenging to get, the new system requires no skill, is available at a button press and extremely powerful. But meh, thats the way it is.

And boom. CoD is a game where its about seeing people first, thats why it turns into a ****ing campfest/adrenaline OD.

I imagine say, a round on Port Valdez in hardcore, other than the snipers one shotting me I won't stick my head out (especially if I am defending) because I can just sit back somewhere and wait for some guy to run past me, then I can pew pew him down in a few bullets regardless of how good I aim. I can hold fire because even with the recoil and spread enough bullets will hit while performing all manner of boring wizardry.

I don't want to turn the thread into a flame hardcore, because I really hate hardcore, but it is precisely the opposite of "how it is supposed to be for an FPS".

An FPS is based on several things, including aim, reflexes and what some would call gamesense.

Aim is 100% required in normal because you don't just instakill people, you have to put rounds into them consistently with good aim, if you can aim you win. In hardcore you need to hit the guy a meagre number of times and generally even spraying an LMG will get you that, prolonged aim is much harder to manage.

Reflexes. Simply put, like I said before, because you see someone first does not mean you should instantly get +1 kills. Seeing him first should give you an advantage, if you are a good player you can take the guy down with minimal fuss (if any at all) if the gods of gaming are not on your side you will end up in the respawn screen and raging, or some other equally dangerous situation. It was the same in games like CS where pixel perfect aim was required to deal the most damage (headshots) and to take someone down not simply burst them in the chest but really double tap them in the skull with an AK47. If you see the guy first you are given the chance to take him down, if you don't you better be ready for a wallbang.

Gamesense. Its a nerd word for brains basically. As a player in battlefield especially you have to be diverse in ability, you have to understand what to do, when to do it, how to do it, from things as simple as moving across a map to knowing where TOWs are, or anticipating enemy moves. The same was said for CS where the highest amount of tension and skill rested on the decision of one player. In hardcore this matters less and it matters more (woah), tactics and strategy can become totally irrelevant with the removal of certain functions and moving as a squad can be a ticket to one guy coming up behind you all and kill every single ****ing one of you by spraying a clip. It offers you the chance to do the same thing, but in the end if still means the gameplay boils down to, running around CoD style and shootin sum bitchez (intentional).

I shall sum up with a nice paragraph here basically.(edit: turns out I lied)

To people who always want higher damage, please for the love of god think about it first.
    People play games like CoD HC etc and think its great, because they can hold fire and a guy dies instantly, but CoD comes across as some strange mutant bastardised blend of UT/quake and CSS. They seem to want some twitch/reflex action from the former and gunplay from the latter, but they end up with a crap mix because the guns are ****tard easy to use and people are too easy to kill , and it degenerates into some game born from the devil himself (no I am not a fan of CoD MP in normal or HC).

Hardcore in Battlefield was designed to cater to those people, the red bull drinking teens who run around screaming or sit in a room camping, while literally having a fit as they try to maintain the patience to sit still.

In battlefield you have a much larger map, you have more people, you have more range, you have vehicles, you have all manner of bat**** insane methods of seeing an enemy, spotting an enemy and shooting an enemy and it is a team game. It does not boil down to you in a 1v1 against someone it boils down to you and your team versus that guy, and by extension his team. You might see an enemy soldier running around, but remember, is he on full health, does he have cover, this isn't CoD now where his health regens in .5 ****ing seconds and he has pixel thick bullet proof walls.

If you have overly lethal weapons (yes I know guns are supposed to be lethal, in order to fight off tyrannical governments or whatever) then a game like Battlefield becomes less about the team and more about one guy, holding fire from his lovely position at the back, where he can't be spotted and then gets mortar striked, respawns and does the same thing. And in that time your team has moved all of 2 metres forward.

Now that the rage is out of the way, semi hardcore rage can be said.

If you use the M60 and don't understand why IT IS overpowered then please, take a seat, right over there.

I know (and I have repeated this very line a few times now) that nerfing is frowned upon in BF, it made the M60 in vietnam useless, it lost you some heli missiles blah blah blah

yet we had the same situation with the J10, a plane so hopelessly better than the F35 etc that you either had to be god or have huge cajones to fly against one (there are a few).

The same is said for the M60, it might not have a high ROF but it makes up for that with SHEER KILLING POWER. This is a gun that in close to medium range you can simply hold fire and drop a guy in milliseconds, hardcore ****ing style, at long range you can hold fire as well but most people will understand to tap or burst in which case he goes down in the same amount of time and you still have a ****load of bullets, there is no gun that matches its lethality, versatility and #of kills with magnum ammo (in for the lols). And don't quote guns like the AN94 or M16, those are awesome guns (I am the M16 fanboy) but those guns have drawbacks that make them balanced, the AN94 accuracy, the M16 damage.
    I use the M60 as a rage gun, if my team is having a hard time I can literally rambo the **** out of it, a map like Islan Inocentes, you get yourself onto that island with an M60 and then you just begin murdering people left right and center, you hold fire until the 100 bullets are gone, then you piss off to reload. Medic squads with those lovely magnum rounds equipped move like a wave across places like that and are extremely difficult to eradicate.

But hardcore would balance stuff like the M60 or the 40mm I hear you say!... But would it. Hardcore makes useless guns useful, or simply it makes them more useful but people will still use guns that are say accurate, or do a ****load of damage, because they can use magnum ammo again and still mow a guy with an M60 like THAT, or they use some pea shooter SMG, that is designed to be weak in normal as a measure of balance in order to keep that engineer class in line (the engineer has awesome balance in normal if you ask me) but **** me in hardcore he can mow people like grass, **** assault rifles man we got Pew Pew 2000s and all that.

The M60 is the gun of choice for noob medics, those guys that slap magnum ammo on, just shoot people they don't heal anyone else or revive, because they are ****ing assholes.

The 40MM is indeed a tool for those other prats that whack on increase explosive damage, have a platinum with it and are rank 9 but the 40mm while being incredibly powerful is offset by some glaring drawbacks that are more easy to exploit than any flaw the M60 might have. I platinumed the 40MM nt myself (at rank 35), imo it could use a longer restock time, the removal of insta kills at point blank with the dudes and perhaps some more innaccuracies.

Weapons that shoot bullets are perfectly fine to use in normal if you know how to use them and I seldom die to explosive guys (I seldom die but thats just because I'm an e-peen stroking death machine) through a combination of some of the points I discussed earlier. Running headlong into an MCOM might seem like a god idea old chap but please, when you get hit by the combined forces of god knows how many campers don't complain for your own lack of finesse. For the "fast paced" game BC2 is, it can sometimes pay to take things slow. You could always use one of my greatest BC2 tips to help you, trust me, it has many meanings "CG and noob tube heroes cannot look up,"

I would say more, but I drone on and swear too much.

And yes CSS did have the awp, the one shot sniper of doom, but if you are one of those that thought the gun should be removed from the game and was nooby, please don't talk about it, because I have undoubtedly played CS longer than you (10+ years).
    That really left me speechless, not because you have a potty mouth, but because you read my ****ing mind. To anybody who is arguing about... anything, read that and if you disagree gtfo.

Comment

Unfortunately the shotguns are unreliable as hell.
      I am currently messing around with the 40 mm shotgun.
      Example 1: Stationary target a couple of meters away. 40 mm with magnum to the chest, survives with 37% health
      Example 2: Target at rifle range, aim for the head and kill with headshot, although you wouldnt expect more than 1 or 2 pellets to hit at that distance.

Comment

Originally posted by DunkinSPE
        Shottys are a different beast altogether. I consider the 40MM more of a secondary equip than a true shotgun standalone. Don't get me wrong it's great in a pinch but when you primary weapon has the better range in relation to damage you're probably going to see more kills with the primary fire and maybe bleeder kills with the under-mount shotty if your target closes the distance.

It's a trade-off you make on your play style. Shottys normally require a different set of tactics as the drop in damge over range means you have to get "up close and personal" with your targets. That means using moving from cover to cover and staying out of wide open fields of fire where ranged weapons tend to dominate. However, if you are a sneaky bastard and properly flank the enemy you can get some glorious shotty kills.

I recall recently using the lowly 870MCS on a map getting behind the enemy and spotting a two-medic w/single Assault squad. Popped the first medic in the back of the head at about 2 meters around a corner and the second medic went for the immediate revive. He popped the guy back up just prior to receiving a spread to the head death. The rezed medic started spraying and praying only to glance me and receive another death courtesy of my knife in close quarters. I tried to engage the assault guy who finally noticed something was going on behind him but of course he toobed my bleeding carcass. Needless to say i was laughing my but off during the respawn screen.

Point being Shottys can be fun as hell given the right play style although the KDR trade-off can have an effect due to the range and rate of fire. But the quality of kills and enjoyment of seeing my handiwork as opposed to a message flash is worth it in my book.

And the NS-2000 although slow as hell between fires...brutal at close range. :thumbsup:
        yer, with the noob tube it was more about range, with the shotty I find it pays to be somewhat more stealthy, get in there and close to the target, blow the first guy away with the shotty, then whip out the m16 for some added death sprinkles

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
        That really left me speechless, not because you have a potty mouth, but because you read my ****ing mind. To anybody who is arguing about... anything, read that and if you disagree gtfo.
        why thankyou good sir

Comment

Chris, I agree with the vast majority of your post, dawg. +1 rep

Comment

Originally posted by FPS[SONIC]
            Chris, I agree with the vast majority of your post, dawg. +1 rep
            Yea same.

I could hear the British accent too lmao.

Comment

I don't agree with the "battlefield" part, are you talking BC2 or BF2 or what? I think BF2''s damage is fine for the most part and think BC2's damage is too low. I feel like you are talking about all battlefield games and the guns of BC2 are not anywhere close to the same as BF2.

I think some of the perks shouldn't be in the game, like magnum ammo, and that the guns should have better accuracy. This is in no way saying they should be like CS:S or a CoD game. They aren't going to take magnum ammo out of the game; I just don't think it should be there. I also think more weapons should have 1 shot head shots. There are games that did this very well and the people that played them moved to BF2 and can't stand the CoD/CS:S games, I am one of those people.

Comment

I agree with headshots being powerful, I think thats one of the reasons CS has such a high learning curve.

Comment

Don't encourage Chris or he'll bombard us with even bigger walls of text

Comment

I've been playing CS for a long time on a high level of competitive play. And man.. these new games are soooo easy compared to CS. CoD is just a joke, that's not even worth mentioning, in BC2 you have to hit the guy more than twice atleast, which I think is good. But I wouldn't mind if they sharpened the headshot detection etc. Sometimes you shoot people in the toenail and he dies instantly and on your screen its like HEADSHOT! YEAH! SOME SERIOUS AIMIN' GOIN' ON!

Comment

yer BC2 isn't as easy as games like CoD

but I don't think headshots should be one hit kills for most ARs

in CSS an m4 wouldn't do it, an AK could, but most guns wouldn't

I think its fine for weapons like the sniper rifle to one hit pew pew, but a lot of the LMGs etc naturally headshot because of the recoil

I dunno really I just do not have a problem with damage at the moment, I have a problem with bugs etc where a guy becomes invincible or doesn't take damage, but I learned to control the rage from those occurences after playing CS

maybe I should try some Red Bull

Comment

Kinda ironic with the shooting at a toenail headshot comparing it to CS. I remember shooting at the grass in front of people and having it register as a HS sometimes

Comment

indeed

on CSS especially

I just couldn't play on most public servers, they felt terrible

playing competitively you would be on 100 tick servers and you could feel if the reg was good

everything else would make me a sad panda

Comment

I wanted to wait a while before starting to play. So I just started playing this week. I wanted to see if there is a big disadvantage to someone new and just starting to play for the first time. This is how good games should be right? You should be able to start playing after the game has been out a while and with a short learning curve, you should be able to be up to par with everyone else. Right? Well, not with me, my K/D Ratio is horrible and the weapons pretty much suck in the beginning. You are also getting killed often and quickly by knifers and snipers. Good luck to those players just starting now or thinking of buying the game. We will see how fast you can earn points to get at least competative. It's still a fun game and I really don't care about my stats. That's why I waited to start playing.

Comment

thinking of all the kits to play at the start, I started on assault, because well I am an assault whore, but this was day 1

but you got a lot of lethality with the noob tube etc and the AK isn't that bad

that said the PKM the medic gets just mows everything

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                                thinking of all the kits to play at the start, I started on assault, because well I am an assault whore, but this was day 1

but you got a lot of lethality with the noob tube etc and the AK isn't that bad

that said the PKM the medic gets just mows everything
                                I think the AEK is pretty underrated, it has a very satisfying Assault Rifle feeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X