Graph over kills per weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graph over kills per weapon

Bad Company 2 was very much advertised as a game where stuff would blow up and the Destruction 2.0 is one of the lowest killers. In the BETA I got plenty of kills with the Destruction. Just saying.

pwrBY

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      I was thinking about this whole m60 thing and I then rememberd this:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

How do you guys think it would have been if they left everything alone?

Crunch
      @Demize99: For the record 25% is 1 bullet for most guns, depending on the rof. Slow firing guns get less benefit, just due to the maths.
      That says the M60 would still be more powerful than everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by pwrBY
        Bad Company 2 was very much advertised as a game where stuff would blow up and the Destruction 2.0 is one of the lowest killers. In the BETA I got plenty of kills with the Destruction. Just saying.

pwrBY
        i have tons of destruction 2.0 kills.. but they were mostly my teammates. once you hear creaking, you should get the hell out of the house, i wonder why my teammates stay inside... i've even destroyed objectives as defender.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        I was thinking about this whole m60 thing and I then rememberd this:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

How do you guys think it would have been if they left everything alone?

Crunch
        i feel like they should double that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan

ALSO: has anybody read what the graph says? Based on a sample of STATSOMATIC USERS; not the whole player base; so the graphic only reflects what those 40 thousand and odd players registered with Stat-o-matic use. It's of no use for game balance if it's that way.
          Thats true, but 40 thousand is a very good idea of what is going on. Its a large enough sample base to tell what weapons are being used. It wont be 100%, but 40 thousand is nothing to sneeze at. Its better data than most government funded projects for many countries

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

We'd need to know what the total installed player base is; that graph doesn't take into account people that is registered twice I guess. Suppodsely BC2 has sold over a million units on PC; 40k people out of one million isn't precisely accurate; if they told me those 40k people are 50% of the total playerbase; then yeah, it would be weird if the other 50% used the drill more.

It is however, a good indicative that the M60 is the most popular weapon; case in point; I very rarely run into people using the T-88, yet here is very well represented and not far behind in the first ten slots. It's like the M24 sniper rifle graph; usually half the players use recon on the servers I play, and the other half are medics with the M60; it makes sense for the M24 to be there since it's one of th emost used weapons; Gol is catching up.

I say the only way to make the graph uniform is lessening a BIT the M60 damage wise, keep everything else as it is; and buff everything else slightly; without resorting to making every weapon the same; but I support the theory that if every weapon was made the same; you'd still get a graph like this; people just would choose the coolest weapon of the bunch, and forego everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
              There is something very wrong with a first person SHOOTER where the second weapon with the most kills is a knife.
              +1

Comment

^^^^

I completely agree with this. They jumped on the CoD bandwagon with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordsethonan
                  It is however, a good indicative that the M60 is the most popular weapon; case in point; I very rarely run into people using the T-88, yet here is very well represented and not far behind in the first ten slots. It's like the M24 sniper rifle graph; usually half the players use recon on the servers I play, and the other half are medics with the M60; it makes sense for the M24 to be there since it's one of th emost used weapons; Gol is catching up.
                  The T-88 is unlocked before the M60, so people have to use something until they get it. Look at the LMG unlocked after the M60, thats a pretty steep drop.

I think 40 k is a large enough sample, although a statistician will likely disagree. You cannot look at the graph alone and say that the most popular automatically must be overpowered, but on the other hand we know that FPS users has an amazing ability to sniff out any weapon that give an advantage.

It could be very interesting to have access to the raw data, then you could see stuff like:
                  *Kills / time played with each weapon. I think that would be a good indication of the weapons power
                  *40 mm kills compared to all AR kills
                  *kills / minute per class
                  *KDR per class

and lots of other stuff.

As for those saying that the other weapons should be buffed to m60 levels: DICE do not have the netcode for that. Every encounter would just be a roll of the dice (no pun intended) as to who the game thinks pulled the trigger first. Just like IWNet.

Comment

It doesnt say it powerfull it just says its popular:wee:,Dont nurf it ,it's the only gun with some bf2 power in the game.

Comment

its funny reading this thread.. of all the BF games released theres always 1 gun that brings this topic up.. if the M60 was rubbish we would be having this convo about another gun, (dice cant win) M60 users says its not overpowered but the 40mm nade is and via versa.. is that because its one of the only things that can garentee a kill against a m60 user? but ppl moan about the CG or the 40mm yet run around with the M60 is funny. M60 v`s any assault rifle? the M60 will win more times, that is why the assault class has the launcher to even the odds.. I have got my platimum in the nade launcher and with that gotten ive moved onto something else. I dont have the platimum in the M60 yet but have it in the XM8LMG which is a superb weapon.
                      just my 2 cents

Comment

A proper game should have assault rifles at the top. BLah :cry:

Comment

I don't get why so many people are complainging about the knife. To me it seems no different to any other BF game apart from the fact it has a different animation and doesn't have the stupid range of some previous BF. The dogtags are a great addition to the BF series since they introduced them a while back and it does encourage people to use the knife. If you took away the dogtags im sure the knife count would go down. I don't see how its become like COD apart from the animation being similar?

As many have stated before me the only reason the knife is so high on the graph is because EVERY class has it and probably uses once per game. Saying that its wrong that the knife should be up there without looking at WHY its up there is just silly. It DOESN'T necessarily mean that everyone is running around knifing people all the time. It could mean that the majority of players use the knife at least once per game but thats the problem with statistics, you can interperate them in many different ways and totally miss the real reason behind them.

As far as people running at you with a knife and killing you while you try to mow them down, well it happens. Its not a major problem but its just a game and isn't meant to be realistic. The same could happen with a shotgun instead of the knife for example (being a 1 shot kill weapon at close range) but instead of complaining about the firepower of the weapon you were using you complain about the weapon the enemy is using. The knife isn't the problem here its the player who got knived.

As far as destruction goes I think adding the creaking building sound effects has reduced a lot of destruction kills. Before you had no warning but now it is easy to bail before the building goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
                            I don't get why so many people are complainging about the knife. To me it seems no different to any other BF game apart from the fact it has a different animation and doesn't have the stupid range of some previous BF.

Comment

Dude, I love the knife and I'm not complaining about it.

Nothing about what I said talks about people coming at me with a knife. I've played many games with knifes. I've won knifing competition in BF2 and there isn't a single time there has been a massive knife fight with competitive gamers that I didn't surpass everyone else with kills.

I can speak from experience It is way to easy for me to rush people in BC2 with them looking directly at me with a gun and shooting at me for me to just gank them like they were shooting rubber bbs. The problem isn't the knife and that wasn't the point.

When I play a game for the first time I start out with the "hardest weapon" to use. I use that weapon until I am very good with it. Meaning I'm killing people way more than I am being killed. This takes a lot of tactics and not just running around knifing people. When I get good with those tactics I switch to another poor weapon and use the same tactics. I used the pistol for a bit then I switched to A/T weapons If I remember correctly. I've rarely used an unlock in bf2.

Knifing in BC2 is way easier than BF2 and not just because of BF2 hit reg. It's because BC2 weapons aren't as accurate and do less damage.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenMachine

but instead of complaining about the firepower of the weapon you were using you complain about the weapon the enemy is using.

^^^THIS!! Thats my whole point. I don't know if I'm just being ignored or people just don't care but I'll repeat myself 100x if need be. The m60 and 40mm are not a problem in HC servers. This has to do with the fact that all guns serve there purpose in that mode.

Originally posted by Fish
                                M60 v`s any assault rifle? the M60 will win more times, that is why the assault class has the launcher to even the odds..
                                A problem that only occurs in regular mode. In HC mode it boils down to better aim or whoever saw each other first. The way its supposed to be for any FPS.

Comment

Working...
                                X