Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graph over kills per weapon

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
    Top of the list is lolworthy, mainly because its so easy to kill with the knife
    i know, they went too far trying to imitate MW with the knifing, although the range is not there. i really don't like how powerful the knife is, one stab shouldn't be lethal 100% of the time, especially if you didn't stab a vital body part.

Comment

I'm so tired of hearing about the m60 being overpowered. Of course its number one on the list because its the most USED weapon. Its pathetic because the only people who complain about the m60 are the people who play normal mode and not HC. The m60 is not a problem in HC servers because all guns do decent damage. You also see a larger variety of guns being used in HC servers.

HC servers don't have the same problems as regular servers. We don't have people running around with their 40mm ready to shoot either. Do you know why? Because bullets are more effective!!!! If bullets were more effective in regular mode people wouldn't prefer to walk around with the grenade launcher attachment ready to fire on anything that moves.

The fact that HC servers aren't affected by these balance issues makes me believe that the issues are not weapon related but mode related. I can understand the frustration some people are having with the current state of play in regular servers. Its pretty frustrating shooting someone only to have them turn around and fire one burst and your dead. Or, shooting someone only to have them run around the corner to heal themselves. You have to understand that HC servers don't suffer with these problems. Regular mode is broken, thats why people flock to things that work (m60, 40mm, and gustav).

The consoles imo have the best balance for regular play. Guns do just the right amount of damage. Those who have played the console version can attest to the fact that the gun damage for consoles are much more balanced than its pc counterpart. Its time people stop whining about nerfing specific weapons and start complaining about tweaking the damage bullets do in general. I would demand the balance be tweaked to the same standards of the consoles.

Comment

You can't really compare M60 to the tube since one is the primary weapon, and the other is the attachment every assault player has. My wishlist for upcoming nerfs would be:

M60 semi-major nerf
        (major) tube nerf in usability as primary weapon, such as introducing some sort of firing delay. You should be able to use it to blast building windows but not much else IMO.
        similar usability nerf for carl gustav
        M1911 nerf coupled with buffs for M9/M443/automatic pistol
        maybe minor buff for AUG/F2000/AEK since they are worse than the other 4 ARs
        buff some LMGs to give alternatives to medics
        balance engineering guns a bit because AKS74 seems by far the best one

Comment

I am positive I could play this game using nothing but a knife and do much better than the average gamer.

Comment

lol yeh, that might actually be worth trying, I mean in a round you can get a crazy number of knife kills anyway

but going recon with increase sprint speed, body armour and just knifing

now that would be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Nicfurious29
              Its pretty frustrating shooting someone only to have them turn around and fire one burst and your dead. Or, shooting someone only to have them run around the corner to heal themselves. You have to understand that HC servers don't suffer with these problems. Regular mode is broken, thats why people flock to things that work (m60, 40mm, and gustav).
              You just contradicted yourself.. If you're shooting at somebody's back and they turn around and burst you to death, aren't they, being on the same 'broken' gameplay mode, a better shot? You're essentially saying that you should be able to kill somebody if you can aim at them, regardless of yours or theirs skill. That's the playerbase hardcore servers are made for.

Comment

^^^^How did I contradict myself???

What I'm saying is if you aim at someone who obviously doesnt see you, theres no reason why that person shouldn't be dead. And where in my post did I imply that you missed??

Comment

^^^^How did I contradict myself???

What I'm saying is if you aim at someone who obviously doesnt see you, theres no reason why that person shouldn't be dead. And where in my post did I imply that you missed??
                  The contradiction comes from your contention that not being able to kill somebody in the situation you've described is the fault of the 'broken' damage numbers in the regular mode. Yet, in this scenario, you allow yourself to shoot at the guy for time period A, until he sees you and starts shooting back, for time period B, up until when he kills you.

So, you shooting at him for time A+B, and not killing him, and him shooting at you for time B, and killing you, can't be the fault of too low weapon damage, can it? Sounds like it's your inability to land sufficient number of bullets into him in time A+B, which is granted easier in hardcore because of the growing bullet deviation with each shot fired. So either he's using a superior weapon (such as M60, or is better at burst fire and/or aiming.

Unless he kills you with carl gustav or a tube, which I agree happens sometimes, but ONLY if you miss up your shot.

Another possibility is that he's using better perks (magnum ammo), or has mastered his weapon better than you have. Try M16 or AN94 if you haven't yet, it's really hard to mess up a shot with those.

Comment

Just incase people are forgeting, the only reason the Knife is up there is because A) People like dogtags and B) You always have it available (it is not kit specific like almost everything else).

And for the M2 to be as high up as most of the Assault Rifles and SMG's is proof enough that it is overused.

Comment

Knifing in this game is a big fail, they shouldnt have made knifing like COD, it should be a weapon that you have to take out, like in other BF games, this way people dont just give up on shooting when really close range by pressing their melee button...

Comment

People liking dog tags doesn't explain why it's so easy to rush someone spraying bullets at you and killing them.

If there were graphs for any other game like this it would not show the knife to be anywhere close to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Derroth
                          The contradiction comes from your contention that not being able to kill somebody in the situation you've described is the fault of the 'broken' damage numbers in the regular mode. Yet, in this scenario, you allow yourself to shoot at the guy for time period A, until he sees you and starts shooting back, for time period B, up until when he kills you.

So, you shooting at him for time A+B, and not killing him, and him shooting at you for time B, and killing you, can't be the fault of too low weapon damage, can it? Sounds like it's your inability to land sufficient number of bullets into him in time A+B, which is granted easier in hardcore because of the growing bullet deviation with each shot fired. So either he's using a superior weapon (such as M60, or is better at burst fire and/or aiming.

Unless he kills you with carl gustav or a tube, which I agree happens sometimes, but ONLY if you miss up your shot.

Another possibility is that he's using better perks (magnum ammo), or has mastered his weapon better than you have. Try M16 or AN94 if you haven't yet, it's really hard to mess up a shot with those.
                          I still don't understand what you mean by me contradicting myself. The explanation you gave doesn't desribe a contradiction.

Anyways, my point is that in no circumstances should a person be able to turn around and kill someone after being shot in the back, regardless of weapon choice. Whether or not someone can aim is not what is being discussed here. Also, my aim is fine. The AN94 is my favorite rifle, especially equiped with the 4x scope.

Like I've stated already, none of these problems occur in HC mode. Which leads me to believe the balance problem is related to the damage weapons do in general and not weapon specific.

Comment

From my usual death I'd have thought the Carl Gustav to be the no. 1 weapon when it comes to kills. I can't even remember being killed by the M60.

Comment

I was thinking about this whole m60 thing and I then rememberd this:

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

How do you guys think it would have been if they left everything alone?

Crunch
                              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'm so tired of hearing about the m60 being overpowered. Of course its number one on the list because its the most USED weapon. Its pathetic because the only people who complain about the m60 are the people who play normal mode and not HC. The m60 is not a problem in HC servers because all guns do decent damage. You also see a larger variety of guns being used in HC servers.

HC servers don't have the same problems as regular servers. We don't have people running around with their 40mm ready to shoot either. Do you know why? Because bullets are more effective!!!! If bullets were more effective in regular mode people wouldn't prefer to walk around with the grenade launcher attachment ready to fire on anything that moves.

The fact that HC servers aren't affected by these balance issues makes me believe that the issues are not weapon related but mode related. I can understand the frustration some people are having with the current state of play in regular servers. Its pretty frustrating shooting someone only to have them turn around and fire one burst and your dead. Or, shooting someone only to have them run around the corner to heal themselves. You have to understand that HC servers don't suffer with these problems. Regular mode is broken, thats why people flock to things that work (m60, 40mm, and gustav).

The consoles imo have the best balance for regular play. Guns do just the right amount of damage. Those who have played the console version can attest to the fact that the gun damage for consoles are much more balanced than its pc counterpart. Its time people stop whining about nerfing specific weapons and start complaining about tweaking the damage bullets do in general. I would demand the balance be tweaked to the same standards of the consoles.
                                Maybe just 10% less damage than the console versions; we don't have aim assitance on PC; console have higher damage and shot reg aid; so more bullets hit without aiming that well; but I can second this.

ALSO: has anybody read what the graph says? Based on a sample of STATSOMATIC USERS; not the whole player base; so the graphic only reflects what those 40 thousand and odd players registered with Stat-o-matic use. It's of no use for game balance if it's that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X