Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Choppers are made of n000b.....so how do I activate the parachutes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Choppers are made of n000b.....so how do I activate the parachutes.

Originally posted by jake_
    So you want choppers to be EASIER to maneuver so you don't have to practice and work to stay in the air?

I thought this thread was about how they're "made of n000b."
    Raptor was being sarcastic, I think...

I'm not sure what would make them better without unbalancing them. If they made them more responsive and agile, it would be MUCH harder to bring them down with the available weapons. If they made visibility better, people would be able to easily rape infantry from anywhere on the map.

As they are, though, you just have to play like a wuss. They're so slow and fragile. So you have to hang back and pound from a distance. It's different. People are used to being able to dodge and stay alive with their wits and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
      No. I'm glad with the way they are now. BC2 doesn't have anything on BF2 when it comes to infantry/mounted AA capability, but due to their new found vulnerability and inability to duck behind cover as quick when .50's start hitting they are more balanced... For now, god knows how good those 23/7 pilots will get. :P
      Gotcha. I think it's more realistic this way, really. You can't fly a real chopper like you would in BF2. I don't really care though, since air-combat doesn't really hold my interest one way or the other. :weo:

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
        The argument here is that if you pick a role, it should have a learning curve to it, so that the sense of accomplishment does not come from badges, pins and medals tied to how many kills you get. Remember all those "reset his stats!" threads when BF2 was at its peak?
        I'd rather spend more time to get black belt in Aikido. That's far more better bragging right than, say, hey, I have this 1337 badge in a Battlefield game.

And DICE need to make money, too. People who have the money to spend usually also spend quite a lot of time WORKING!

Comment

I don't think that many people are unhappy with the choppers.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
            I'd rather spend more time to get black belt in Aikido. That's far more better bragging right than, say, hey, I have this 1337 badge in a Battlefield game.
            This has nothing to do with bragging or showing off your skills. If youre that disgruntled about people actually wanting to get better at the game, then you should be playing Tetris, I heard it created geniuses. Badges =/= skill. Ive mentioned numerous times how I hate that people are lured in with a carrot on a stick to find new methods of scoring more points, rather than genuinely improve their game. Amusingly, the kind of people who only play for "fun" are those for whom these badges count the most.

And DICE need to make money, too. People who have the money to spend usually also spend quite a lot of time WORKING!
            What does this have to do with anything? You want the game to be an equal playing field at all times just because you cant invest enough time into it? Thats seriously a terrible excuse for neutering the game across the board. People will always differ in skill level, even in Sonix. Learning curve = selfrewarding. No badges, no medals, but genuine satisfaction from recognizing the increase of skill. You dont have to play 50 hours a week for that. 1-2 hours a day is more than enough, hell, with proper excercises, good map study, you can become better than the average player with much less time spent. People dont do this, they prefer everything to be brought to them on a platter.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
            I don't think that many people are unhappy with the choppers.
            True, BF2 chopper pilots, people who actually flew them, are the only ones who are unhappy. People who almost never flew in BF2 are pleased.

Comment

Dont be too sure of that. Do I really have to post a picture of Steven Seagal?

And besides that, most people wont care about your accomplishments in a sport they dont practice or follow themselves.
              So you may be healthier, live longer and smell better. But nobody will care

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki

And besides that, most people wont care about your accomplishments in a sport they dont practice or follow themselves.
                Some things will help you get a girlfriend more easily. Being an ace pilot in BF2 or having a lot of gold medals will not.

Comment

They don't have to care about my accomplishments. It's just something you can really show your friends once in a while. I'm sure it's more entertaining than, say, your recording of 30 kill streak in BF2. It's pretty much same with most martial arts.

Comment

Some things will help you get a girlfriend more easily. Being an ace pilot in BF2 or having a lot of gold medals will not.
                    Yeah...

Lietenant General Chris_Redfield

Comment

I already have a wife, so I dont have dont worry about the bling value of my accomplishments. Picking up extra girlfriends will just get me killed

They don't have to care about my accomplishments. It's just something you can really show your friends once in a while. I'm sure it's more entertaining than, say, your recording of 30 kill streak in BF2. It's pretty much same with most martial arts.
                      You don't need to inform me about Aikido, I have seen the clips, have a book somewhere and have even done it myself.
                      To me that video just shows a well choreographed dance.
                      Its a nice sport, but it leans more towards "art" than "martial", and is not particular physical demanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                        What does this have to do with anything? You want the game to be an equal playing field at all times just because you cant invest enough time into it? Thats seriously a terrible excuse for neutering the game across the board. People will always differ in skill level, even in Sonix. Learning curve = selfrewarding. No badges, no medals, but genuine satisfaction from recognizing the increase of skill. You dont have to play 50 hours a week for that. 1-2 hours a day is more than enough, hell, with proper excercises, good map study, you can become better than the average player with much less time spent. People dont do this, they prefer everything to be brought to them on a platter.[COLOR="Silver"]
                        DICE exists to make money, not to satisfy your 1337ness. They need more sales, and your model doesn't make more sales. It decreases it. Most people buy games to have fun, not to be frustrated by steep learning curve. You also have to factor in that the new generation gamers grew up with COD4 and MW2, may not like BF style game play, as they regard chopper whoring as "noobish," "vehicle whoring," "no infantry skill" and "unbalanced."

No profit, no business, no game. You understand that yet?

If you are really into paying to get hurt, frustration and long hours of training, then you should go to learn some martial arts. That's how I see your model of making a game.

Comment

haha surprise surprise, another chris_redfield thread turning into him whining about the fact they don't cater to his l33tness.
                          GET OVER IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                            haha surprise surprise, another chris_redfield thread turning into him whining about the fact they don't cater to his l33tness.
                            GET OVER IT!
                            You just hate everyone don't you?

Take one of these and call me in the morning:

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

I already have a wife, so I dont have dont worry about the bling value of my accomplishments. Picking up extra girlfriends will just get me killed.
                            What about extra boyfriends? :eyebrows:

Comment

What about extra boyfriends? :eyebrows:
                              I appreciate the offer, but I think any form of extramarital sex would get me killed. Man, woman or dog.

Comment

Gah, completely wrong thread.

Your logic on lost sales is apalling, Avalanche.

You claim people shouldnt have a learning curve in videogames, then you go around and claim that everyone who would like a challenge, should do martial arts. Youre being narrowminded, I could list a number of sports much more demanding physically and mentally, compared to MA. Thats not the point. You want the game to be simple and easy the second you pop in, basically being angry at everyone who has more time (and or more talent) to play games. I dont even know how to respond to this kind of thinking...

Comment

Working...
                                X