Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Choppers are made of n000b.....so how do I activate the parachutes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Choppers are made of n000b.....so how do I activate the parachutes.

Originally posted by BrokenMachine
    Also you have the UAV to help take out choppers in this game where as this wasn't available in BF2. This makes the chopper in BC2 more vulnerable and not as easy to dominate.
    Most maps in BF2 has jets. Jets rape choppers.

You put a chopper like the ones in bf2 in bc2 and its game over. You wouldn't have a chance with a uav.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
      The player who hops in the helicopter (and his gunner I would hope, Redfield shut your mouth )
      Hahaha <3

proceeds to rape and pillage because he has 500 hours in a helicopter (/nolife). Now he and his gunner are happy. That is 2 (or 4) out of 32 people. This correlates to there being 30 (or 28) un-happy people in the server (and 16 who are REALLY un-happy, because they are getting raped.)
      If this was BF2 in BC2 maps and appearance, it would hold true after about 2-4 weeks after the release, as the skill level for chopper crews (who invest time into choppers because its fun and rewarding) is increasing much faster than the skill level of those who occasionally hop into a Stinger pod.

Yesterday, after many months, I played Point of Existence 2 again. I was flying a bomber jet, similarily powered aircraft as say the Su-34/Su-30 in BF2, just has 3 bombs in 2 salvos instead of 5. Anyway, the American team had a mobile STA out on the field, covering the armor capping flags. You have to have considerable skill to avoid the 350 metre lock-range with missiles which go through your flares if youre not flaring properly, and to flare properly you have to be at the right altitude, completely breaking the attack angle (so you cant fly defensively while you attack a target). In practice, you release your payload- you die. Youre too low- you likely die. Youre at 300 metres, you cant release the payload and if you dont flare properly, you die. If theres a VADS (minigun-anti-air with zoom feature) manned at a flag, forget about going anywhere near that thing with a chopper. And if there are a couple of infantry guys running around with the pickup-kits (medic rifle + Stinger), forget about prolongued presence in the area. A dedicated mobile STA missile launcher platform SA-13 means that about 1/5th (if theres no terrain to help you) of the map is going to be covered by it. So you learn, you learn how to avoid danger, when to strike, go after spotted targets away from the STA, selfsacrifice and how to outplay someone with a bigger stick than you have.

Im just saying, you can get these things right. People have done it, time and time again. Neutering and appealing to the people who play the game casually, disregarding one of the most fundamental challenges in a game (learning curve) just makes for more statmonkeys.

Now what do you think DICE would do, appeal to the masses? or to the 1% of all all Battlefield players out there who are flying aircraft more then they spend hours in daylight?
      The argument here is that if you pick a role, it should have a learning curve to it, so that the sense of accomplishment does not come from badges, pins and medals tied to how many kills you get. Remember all those "reset his stats!" threads when BF2 was at its peak?

Comment

Originally posted by [3SA]N|2Lt.LunaTiKTunaLiK
        Most maps in BF2 has jets. Jets rape choppers.

You put a chopper like the ones in bf2 in bc2 and its game over. You wouldn't have a chance with a uav.
        I don't think so. The UAV's are really effective and I see no reason why a BF2 chopper would be able to deal with a UAV any better than a BC2 chopper. All you have to do is get above it with the UAV and its easy street from then on. No matter how many guided missiles or barrel rolls you perform.

Comment

Nothing is effective after it becomes camped.

Comment

Didn't you just say it would be game over as soon as it appeared? Anyway hovering over a chopper with a UAV to take it out isn't camping. Sat over the helipad with a UAV waiting for the chopper would be.

Comment

Wait until the pilots get experienced, and keeps taking the UAV station out.
              Fixed AA is too vulnerable, it needs mobility to survive.

Comment

I'd agree with you Vreki. Mobile AA would be a better solution than fixed but its an improvement on BF2 anyway. Also if the chopper is busy taking the UAV out all the time then its not being effectively used in the game anyway.

Comment

I expect the guided launcher (AT4) to be the main AA weapon once people start to unlock it.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernalis
                    AA is **** so your only real threat is .50 cal, the enemy chopper and drone.
                    The AA can put the enemy chopper down as fast or even faster than the chopper gunner. You just have aim and lead and all of that fun stuff, no more fire-and-forget.

Comment

I'm not talking about the crap fixed stingers of BF2, more like the AA in the PoE2 mod or BF2142 which fire in auto and not in semi-auto bursts (unless it was changed from the beta because I still didn't use it in retail yet).

Comment

I'm not talking about the crap fixed stingers of BF2, more like the AA in the PoE2 mod or BF2142 which fire in auto and not in semi-auto bursts (unless it was changed from the beta because I still didn't use it in retail yet).
                        Shilka <3

Stay covered behind terrain and trees, let them get into terminal range (distance counter) and let loose.

Comment

Yeah, it fires in bursts. If you get those bursts on target, it only takes two or three to kill a helicopter. Then you can use the fast reload spec to make it an almost continuous barrage. I've taken choppers down from across the map using the AA emplacements. They are a very real threat to choppers in the full game. Since they have great range and have a wide range of movement, there aren't too many safe places for the choppers if someone in AA wants them down.

The trade-offs: the emplacement is open, so you're very vulnerable sitting in it. There is also a lot of travel time, so you have to lead a target. There are also bursts, so you have to actually aim instead of just spraying until you get it right.

But AA is skill-based and very effective if used well. It's exactly what people said they wanted. There's no more "Click to Win" or "Click to make yourself a huge target that can't pose a threat to anything on the battlefield."

Comment

I really think the choppers in BC2 are pretty poor, not in a sense of balance, but in a sense of them being able to dominate the battlefield.

In BF2 the choppers were amazing, and probably overpowered. A skilled pilot with a skilled gunner (tv whore) pretty much raped ****. Now a skilled gunner and a skilled pilot are much less likely to dominate the battlefield, because A) They can't take out vehicles in one hit. B) The chopper has a limit to how high it can fly...

On Port Valdez I think they got the limit right, you can fly high enough to be hard to hit, but nothing more. If somebody really wants you down, a combo of AA/Tank Gunner/AT4 will eventually get a chopper down. But on maps like Arica Harbor the choppers can't fly above about 200 bloody feet, so you are always prone to fire from all sorts of weapons that take down choppers.

Also, does anyone else think the AA is massively powerful now? On Arica Harbor, as long as you don't sit in it 24/7, you just simply hop in the AA in the middle of the map that can see to each end of the map, put two bursts into the chopper, and it's dead :|

At least on Arica Harbor they should raise the high limit you can fly to, to give choppers for freedom in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                              Wait until the pilots get experienced, and keeps taking the UAV station out.
                              Fixed AA is too vulnerable, it needs mobility to survive.
                              This is what i was talking about.

Comment

Choppers have much more of a defensive and supportive role in BC2. I wouldn't say they control badly, not at all, but most of the flashy trixy stuff you could do in BF2 for example is gone. Not too far from the 2142 gunship to be honest, even more manoeuvrable at times.

Oh and the mobile AA in the game is very effective, provided you hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X