Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Choppers are made of n000b.....so how do I activate the parachutes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Choppers are made of n000b.....so how do I activate the parachutes.

Perfectly valid personal opinion

Chris disagrees

Walls of text

>_>

Comment

lol he just forces his way into having the last word... which nobody will ever read.
      i guess A for effort?

Comment

Originally posted by iQue

Chris disagrees

Walls of text

>_>
        If it was a personal opinion, there would be no argument. People are presenting their opinions as facts using argumentation. Thats something entirely different. I just went 2:1 KDR on Daquing and Kubra, using mobile anti-air, and I have less than 100 hours clocked into it total. On Kubra, I was fighting 3 jets and 2 attack helicopters. Noone else lifted as much as a finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          If it was a personal opinion, there would be no argument. People are presenting their opinions as facts using argumentation.
          Yet you use your own personal opinion and experiences to try and convince others that they are wrong? You're in the minority with your opinion regardless.

It's just silly, that's all. :]

Comment

Yet you use your own personal opinion and experiences to try and convince others that they are wrong? You're in the minority with your opinion regardless.
            Great, "youre the minority, so youre wrong". Its the same minority who promoted no targeting reticules on small vehicles and STA sites. Same minority who promoted who promoted smaller splash damage on cannons for jets. Same minority who (still does) promoted increasing the number of mobile STA-s on every map. And its the same minority which sees empty mobile STA-s collecting dust on air maps. This "minority" noticed a long time ago, that people would first complain, than change their gameplay. Thanks to the "majority", the assault kit is almost never used, IO only increased the popularity of Karkand and infantry gameplay is a sick combination of delays, time penalties and random cone of fire.

I wonder if Im going to be "accepted" if I admit that in the early days of BF2, my infantry gameplay consisted of dolphin diving, grenade spamming, squadhopping, noobtubing, C4-chucking, claymore popping and jihad-jeeping, haha.

Comment

Great, "youre the minority, so youre wrong".
              Never said that. Don't put words in my mouth.

What I mean is that you're not going to convince anyone here, regardless of how in-depth you go with your arguments.

Comment

I wonder if Im going to be "accepted" if I admit that in the early days of BF2, my infantry gameplay consisted of dolphin diving, grenade spamming, squadhopping, noobtubing, C4-chucking, claymore popping and jihad-jeeping, haha.
                I accept you for that.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  I accept you for that.

Crunch
                  I also.

Comment

Great, "youre the minority, so youre wrong". Its the same minority who promoted no targeting reticules on small vehicles and STA sites. Same minority who promoted who promoted smaller splash damage on cannons for jets. Same minority who (still does) promoted increasing the number of mobile STA-s on every map. And its the same minority which sees empty mobile STA-s collecting dust on air maps. This "minority" noticed a long time ago, that people would first complain, than change their gameplay. Thanks to the "majority", the assault kit is almost never used, IO only increased the popularity of Karkand and infantry gameplay is a sick combination of delays, time penalties and random cone of fire.

Everyone of us went to some extent of playing like that, uing and abusing whatever was needed to win. I quit BF2 because it turned into a game I no longer wanted to play; the fact you have to drop to prone to hit anything and avoid getting hit yourself everytime was one of the reason, but no tthe only one. 2142 gameplay appealed more to me, much more balanced between every aspect; still dodgy registration but not as bad as bf2; and in LAN play reg is perfect, so there.

About what I bolded: caffeine oversose movement is ok for games like UT, Halo and the like, maybe even counterstrike; they are fantasy games from the ground up; UT I never developed the practice needed to stay relevant and still have fun, but their whole gameplay revolves around bunny hopping and strafe dashing in the air, and it's inmersive and expected THERE.
                    Even tough BF is not by any means a simulation, it's set in real life scenarios, so it's; in my opinion, expected that it should work life like. Your so called delays and such, IMO, were needed to prevent the game from being just UT with contemporary weapons, and you know what, I like that in my BF games. IMO, I find recoil based shooters like CS, very easy to play and to require less skill, go figure. I'm better at those games so for me, they are less skilled shooters, IMO; and I like BF cone of fire more, because you aren't guaranteed anything and you need to control fire more, stance and set yourself appropiately before engaging the enemy; in recoil based shooters, I can run and gun and jump and barrel roll and get positive KDR; so for me, curiously, they are not fun at all.

CS I rarely touch because it started as a mod. I tasted it, played sometimes when it was new, wanted to know if it would get a serious release someday, then left. When CSS came out, this time it wasn't a true mod anymore, bought, played, saw it was nearly the exact same thing it ws in the beginning, decided it wasn't worth my money and left. I can understand why some people like it a lot, just not my kind of game; and it's a game, again, IMO, that has stopped evolving and has reached starcraft's level of metagame; you just can't go in and start playing and have fun cos everybody playing it seriously, plays it SERIOUSLY and you aren't allowed to have fun in it. BF2 has ended this same way.

So no Chris, instead of sitting there and whine I moved on, I don't owe anything to the game developers and they owe nothing to me; their product doesn't keep me? I move on. I never look for mods cos modding is not what I spend my money on; I sometimes download popular ones, or ones that make me curious because I want to appreciate the craftmanship; POE was a very good mod in BFV, also for BF2, PR was indeed very well done; but I didn't buy BF2 so I could play mods see. I wanted the devs to fix my game, they didn't; I tried newer and better and there was 2142 wich was nearly what BF2 should had been FOR ME; and I played it every time I could, I keep playing it, unlike BF2.

And BC2 will keep me as long as they can keep the current balance and don't ruin it all; I'd like for them to add more maps with more size too, so they could *** more choppers to more maps; but IMO, for a DICE game, on release, on the second week or the game's life? It's perfect.

Fun trivia fact about me and my opinion: If BF2 had the infantry combat of AVA, it would be perfect; BC2 is nearer AVA than BF2. Even the free for all is fun in AVA, and AVA has the right mix of recoil and cone of fire. And I think more games should copy that model.

Comment

• Re: The Choppers are made of n000b.....so how do I activate the parachutes.

I find your dislike for mods extremely strange, Sethonan. Before BF2142 came out, there were a number of really good mods out there which topped BF2 in terms of squadplay, map design, vehicle balance and infantry gameplay. Even hit detection. And differentiating between CS and CSS merely because one is developed by Valve? Really strange. Stats, friends or certain elements you dislike?

That "caffeine overdose" movement was only possible because the guns were ridiculously inaccurate. It was also why the better players, who can adapt quicker, turned to explosives and various combinations of non-firearms. COD4 has a number of similar restraints, yet it feels fluid, fast and responsive. You dont jump your *** out of trouble in that game, unless its in close range and to confuse enemies aim. This kind of jumping only works in games where you dish out relatively little damage per shot. Otherwise ridiculous restrictions need to be applied so the game feels like youre walking through mud. This was one of the crucial reasons why I never picked up BF2142 past beta and the demo. POE2 mod, weapons do similar damage compared to BF2, but because they are much more accurate (while still providing room for error once you let loose in full auto). So the game feels and plays in similar speed as BF2, but theres a major defensive/cautios aspect added to infantry play. If youre going to revive a dead soldier, you better smoke the area because you will be picked off from 100-150 metres, no problem. BF2-s appeal has always been in its casual and arcadeish approach to all-out war. Not once has there been a hint of realism. Which is why the game differs so much from PR and real life. That jumping, although unintended by devs, was the proper way to play if you wanted to cap flags, help your team to win, or win for yourself. It wasnt patched because it was unrealistic, it was patched because it was broken.

Developers themselves have said that the worst kind of community is a silent one, because by then nobody cares. Personally, I dont think DICE will change the game unless the casual majority, unable to fit in and adapt, will start complaining about something. It has been their policy for 5 years. But you only need to look at one thing- how many guides, strategies, longwinded posts about tactics and methods youve seen on this forum, 2 weeks after the release? This tells you that theres no learning curve here. Call of Duty 4 had TONS of research going on since day 1. BF2 has so many guides, that you can become a competent player by just reading through all of them (well, no, but at least you get no surprises...). Learning curve, Lord, is not associated with nuke dispencers. Its associated with depth of gameplay. So that by the end of the day, youre not going to be playing "for that next unlock" or "that next ribbon" or "that next KDR mark".

And finally, you mean Alliance of Valiant Arms?
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

The prone spamming was broken. While it was a bit messed up when regularly spammed and you had to adapt to it to play at a competition level; it didn't get too bad until macros became involved which could manipulate your hitbox to be almost nonexistent. Even tank shells hit close by which should kill would do nothing. Direct hits from tank shells wouldn't kill. There were all kinds of macros like ones that would make you go prone but you wouldn't fall to the ground and then instantly be standing again then instantly prone mid air again which was almost impossible to kill. Then there was the worm which was extremely hard as it also altered the hit box and could sorta be done with no macro but much worse with macros.

People including myself were making macros that would jump go prone shoot and stand again. You would never see the jump just the midair stationary prone hear a few bullets and then the person would be standing again. I used these methods against teams that used them no matter what. Never while pubing.

As far as anyone thinking that after the patches that you had to go prone to kill anything at distances where prone wouldn't seem reasonable "IRL" were prone to death. See what I did thar! The amount of people that drop to the ground in bf2 when they come up on someone is amazingly funny. I really like the ones that do it within 5 meters. Sometimes I will just jump over them back and forth and watch them spin in circles toying with them before I go for the knife/shock paddle. I've can't count how many times I've made a prone support guy use all his ammo at point blank range. Or do the circle of death strafing around them for the easy kill.

I'm curious to how we got off topic but there are posts I do not wish to read to find out.

Comment

Chris disagrees

Walls of text

>_>
                          lol

Comment

i lol'd also

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                              The prone spamming was broken. While it was a bit messed up when regularly spammed and you had to adapt to it to play at a competition level; it didn't get too bad until macros became involved which could manipulate your hitbox to be almost nonexistent. Even tank shells hit close by which should kill would do nothing. Direct hits from tank shells wouldn't kill. There were all kinds of macros like ones that would make you go prone but you wouldn't fall to the ground and then instantly be standing again then instantly prone mid air again which was almost impossible to kill. Then there was the worm which was extremely hard as it also altered the hit box and could sorta be done with no macro but much worse with macros.
                              Every once in a while I fire up the Demo, which is basically BF2 pre patch 1.2. I have never had any difficulty with killing pronespammers with the shell. Even the APC gets the job done. I do agree that they were very difficult to kill with just bullets.

P.S.- "lol" @ rape victims gathering

Comment

Every once in a while I fire up the Demo, which is basically BF2 pre patch 1.2. I have never had any difficulty with killing pronespammers with the shell. Even the APC gets the job done. I do agree that they were very difficult to kill with just bullets.

P.S.- "lol" @ rape victims gathering
                                yeah, I don't care what you agree with or don't agree with or what you fire up. I've done extensive testing with macros and different types of prone spamming. I also seen how it almost completely killed competitive bf2. It didn't take long after people figured out those macros and how they altered the hitboxes for a patch to come out. I seriously doubt anyone that used these macros plays an old demo.

Comment

Working...
                                X