Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bad

Originally posted by Piemaaan'
    I'd say the smallest map size in MW2 was CoD4s biggest map.
    I know Rust is about the size of two shipments and thats the smallest maps in both games.

Overgrown, I think, was the largest of the CoD4 maps and most of the MW2 ones are larger then that one.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I'd say the smallest map size in MW2 was CoD4s biggest map.
      And I'd say the least detailed CoD4 map is the same as the most detailed MW2 map.

Comment

Can't be true, MW2 maps have far more playable area in the buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          I know Rust is about the size of two shipments and thats the smallest maps in both games.

Overgrown, I think, was the largest of the CoD4 maps and most of the MW2 ones are larger then that one.

Crunch
          What the hell is Rust?

But yeah, most MW2 maps are bigger than Overgrown, which I would also have placed as the largest stock map.

In respect to detail, I must be missing your point..? I don't remember being able to shoot chickens in MW1 :awes but seriously, I don't see what you mean, I don't see any lack in detail.

Comment

What the hell is Rust?

But yeah, most MW2 maps are bigger than Overgrown, which I would also have placed as the largest stock map.

In respect to detail, I must be missing your point..? I don't remember being able to shoot chickens in MW1 :awes but seriously, I don't see what you mean, I don't see any lack in detail.
            Rust is a map. If you play free for all you will eventually run into it. It is the last map in the end of the single player campaign.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Rust is a map. If you play free for all you will eventually run into it. It is the last map in the end of the single player campaign.

Crunch
              It is in the HC HQ also.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate556
                Can't be true, MW2 maps have far more playable area in the buildings.
                Playable area, sure. Detail and balance? Hardly.
                Note: By detail I don't mean textures and random objects, I mean the careful design of the maps and how it controls movement and gameplay.

Go play a round on Favela, Derail, or any MW2 map for that matter, and while it may be larger than a CoD4 map, you'd be hard pressed to find more useful/tactical spots than any competitive CoD4 map.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodakk
                  Note: By detail I don't mean textures and random objects, I mean the careful design of the maps and how it controls movement and gameplay.

Go play a round on Favela, Derail, or any MW2 map for that matter, and while it may be larger than a CoD4 map, you'd be hard pressed to find more useful/tactical spots than any competitive CoD4 map.
                  Ohp, there's the problem. MW2 isn't balanced for that.

:laugh:

Crunch

Comment

Crunch is never going to get tired of saying that

Comment

What? You mean people actually appreciate useful gameplay nuances?

NERDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle

NERDS.
                        The only game which level design comes close to the detail COD4 has, is SWAT4, although its in different style (extremely realistic indoor design, while maintaining functionality and fun- no game has done that except for S4). COD4 even had barrels set up with a purpose.

Most people dont appreciate it, sadly. I would be rather disappointed if only competitive players did.

Comment

I understand what you people are saying about the internal room designs.
                          I mean EVERY tactical location in MW2 has another entrance to. Take the house in the bottom left of Favela, you have 2 stairways into it. This means you can take out campers and sniper but cmon, why does every building/hidey-hole need 2 entrances?

Comment

, you'd be hard pressed to find more useful/tactical spots than any competitive CoD4 map.
                            That sounds like maps designed for camping?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                              Far from it. Maps full of cover, built in specific ways actually speed up maneuvering and position changing. Maps with little cover but a few exceptionally defensive spots promote "camping".

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                                Most CoD4 camping spots can easily be walled or taken out from multiple angles, I can't say the same for MW2. As for having a lot of useful spots, it encourages movement so that you a) don't get walled and b) constantly get new angles on the bombsite or targets.

Originally posted by Kyle

NERDS.
                                I love you too Kyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X