My thoughts on 1.5 thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My thoughts on 1.5 thus far

I really like Blue Pearl... it's like Karkand but actually good. Very fun to run around as a squad, or play sneaky and C4 tanks.

AF and EF are also awesome... I'd say this is the best BF2 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfAlmighty
      But what bugs me a bit is, and I'm sorry to say this Sloi, how the hell is a littlebird not brought to flaming with an AT missile? I've conceded that cobras, Z-10s, Mi-28s, and the other bigger attack helis are more armoured so they can withstand a shot, but those littlebirds are little lightweight dinky suckers, yet an AT missile only brings it to about half health? o_O For some reason I always thought that AT set the littlebirds on fire but it had been years since last I played AF. Oh well, the maps are so awesome it's really not an issue, just a wtf moment when I got a lucky shot and nailed one in mid-orbit only to have him finish me off and fly away for repairs.
      I agree with you. Littlebirds should go down in one AT shot. They're far too deadly otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by .Churr.
        I was excited when I saw the news, but after reading from several people that they raped the helis ONCE AGAIN... Lost my interest.

WTF EA. The choppers were the only freaking vehicle nerfed in all patches...
        - Reduced missile count (14 to 8)
        - Reduced TV range (~600m to 450m)
        - Weaker armor

Now jets and AA are buffed? ****, this is ********.

PS: Sloi I added you on steam. Let's play L4D mofo.
        If it makes you feel any better, the developers increased the armor of transport choppers and removed the ability for AT-infantry to destroy a chopper with one missile by hitting the chopper's tires. Other than that, I would have to agree the developers did nerf the gunships more than needed, but they are still deadly effective, proportional to the skill of the player.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Killer
          If it makes you feel any better, the developers increased the armor of transport choppers and removed the ability for AT-infantry to destroy a chopper with one missile by hitting the chopper's tires. Other than that, I would have to agree the developers did nerf the gunships more than needed, but they are still deadly effective, proportional to the skill of the player.
          I don't care about transports...

Comment

Played a number of very epic rounds on the new maps (Boosters and OBP) yesterday with some people off this site. God this game is so epic when everyone is using comms and working together.

Armor columns on Taraba Quarry and Operation Harvest is so much fun. Sneaking round to the last Chinese flag on Operation Blue Pearl in a column of boats, dodging the AT rockets and tank shells, and then working our way round the other flags until the Chinese were capped out. Just awesome.

Add to this that aspects of the game which were borked before are now fixed!

Hit detection was great, mobile AA is now a better deterrent against the air superiority that was experienced in previous patches.

Still yet to try out the attack choppers (ie. the new TV), the Blackhawk, and of course my favourite past time, F35 whoring on Wake. But even if the changes to these are rubbish it would still be the best BF2 patch ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
              Sneaking round to the last Chinese flag on Operation Blue Pearl in a column of boats, dodging the AT rockets and tank shells, and then working our way round the other flags until the Chinese were capped out. Just awesome.
              Heh I spawned as Antitank on Chinese side and had a teammate play as support, I got a good 5 boats (about 15 kills) or something before some silly sniper got me

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                Heh I spawned as Antitank on Chinese side and had a teammate play as support, I got a good 5 boats (about 15 kills) or something before some silly sniper got me
                Aye, I told my squad to grab a boat each so at least some of us would get through, in the end I don't think the AT/Tank guys could decide on who to shoot at and we all got through

In the beta I learnt that going "6 to a boat" was a very bad idea (ohno)

EDIT: Pirelli's watching! Say well done to those who worked on the patch please! (And thanks to you if you had any part to play )

Comment

New map is great, and I'm actually thankful for the fog so it doesn't turn into Snipeytown. Although I must say that the boat spawn thing is brutal. I can't imagine what it would be like on IO where you don't have the APCs to help protect the boats.

This map needs one littlebird on each side, just for ****s and giggles.

Comment

the start of pearl is indeed quite brutal, especially if the chinese APCs go out on the water, strangely enough whenever I play it people don't crowd for the armour so much

So many lovely knife kills at the construction site as well

I need to play the Quarry map though

Comment

BF2 lives!

Comment

It's like a new game, without having to learn the controls and have your *** kicked until you get the hang of it.

Great patch, well done all those that worked on it at DICE. I think that those that described the coders working on the patch as 'monkeys' should eat their words.

Comment

1.5 is good, as the beta >> __Track-Mania__

Comment

Blackhawk whoring is now alive and well.

Comment

you got owned by the blackhawk, bohoo - we like the team ownage

Comment

Originally posted by .Churr.
                                I was excited when I saw the news, but after reading from several people that they raped the helis ONCE AGAIN... Lost my interest.

WTF EA. The choppers were the only freaking vehicle nerfed in all patches...
                                - Reduced missile count (14 to 8)
                                - Reduced TV range (~600m to 450m)
                                - Weaker armor

Now jets and AA are buffed? ****, this is ********...
                                A little feed back from me..
                                I only got a chance to play 2 rounds of ghost town. The AA is definitely buffed up. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it has faster acquiring and longer lock range. Using flares in the choppers didn't even give you time to get away since the AA re-acquires so fast. I also noticed the static AA in the SAS uncap can lock onto the spetz chopper as soon as the chopper lifts off the pad. not good. I'm guessing even getting the mec chopper off its pad on Iron gator is going to be tough if the Essex gun has that longer range and faster acquiring.
                                "Crunch's First Officer"
                                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                                X