The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The BF3 Speculation/Wishes Thread

I think there should be more variety in the online game modes. Vanilla and infantry only doesn't cut it. Air vehicles/Ground vehicles should get the same treatment as infantry only. Choppers only maps, Jets only maps, combined all vehicles map. etc. You shouldn't have to look for a modded server to find air-only maps for example. The multiplayer browser should include it in filters.

Also, server admins should have more freedom of customizing the server by having more options with which they can toggle freely. And these options should be included in the filters too. So servers would become "dynamic" in the sense that some of their sub-properties are always changing, while the user can filter any game-mode or game-style he/she doesn't prefer.

Anyway, this is all assuming that they keep bf2 the same style with similar vehicles and the same food chain: jets - choppers - armor - infantry.

Also, I don't know if specifc servers like air-only or tanks-only would work but there should be some kind of option for people who want to improve on and explore one aspect of the game more and still have it be multiplayer. More moddability with multiplayer would definately be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparabara
      Also, I don't know if specifc servers like air-only or tanks-only would work but there should be some kind of option for people who want to improve on and explore one aspect of the game more and still have it be multiplayer. More moddability with multiplayer would definately be a good thing.

I disagree with this, having vehicle specific servers would ruin the who point of Battlefield; all kinds of things going on at once with different vehicles, classes etc. However I wouldnt mind, say a map exclusively over the sea or attacking an oil rig or something where there were specific areas for air combat, but also ENCLOSED areas so that other types of vehicle and infantry could also play without getting dominated, as that is one of the problem with battlefield - it is very easy to dominate in a vehicle if you are good at it, so all different elements of the game must be present to stop people having an unfair advantage.

On another note as many people have mentioned, one thing that EA/Dice (infact every developer) should do it hold some sort of monthly map contest, where they make the winners map official to help reduce the old "same map syndrome" on servers and keep the game fresh and allow the players to have new experiences.

Comment

first and foremost it needs to be Battlefield, so no nancy IO crap or hold down fire to kill everyone

guns need to have recoil and need to require skill to use, not point and click (*cough COD)

weather effects/night time battles - SF did night time, but different weather effects that would affect equipment would be cool and very atmospheric

AA that works, and balanced aerial vehicles to match - mobile AA such as stingers. AA placements that are not just stingers, but Flak + guided missiles as well

remove grenade spam somehow - either make it so they dont nuke everything in the blast radius (e.g. make them more shrapnel based etc) or make them harder to resupply

Commander - I think he should be kept but changed, a variety of artillery that he can only use one at a time (mortar strike, laser guided missile strike etc etc). Maybe an ability to jam an area so an enemy's UAV does not work properly (scan and UAV could be changed somehow as well)

Maps/gametypes - some more variety perhaps but designs that will really show off the gameplay, so some desert maps, BIG desert maps like Alemain that cater to an all out vehicle war but have CP's that promote frantic infantry defense; a good island assault map would be cool and it would be good to see how jungle was handled. An assault map for instance that begins with one team doing a HALO jump and then needing to secure a point for reinforcements (point could then become their uncap? - would need spawn limitations for the enemy, forcing them to spawn in different places).

Weapons/Stats/unlocks etc etc - inevitably there will be stats so a massive range of unlocks that increase the lifespan of the game and not merely weapons but perhaps added additions based on the class, spec ops - different scopes etc, silencers.

Infantry - on an added not, issues such as firing while jumping, I think these should be included, a I mean for some reason somebody might fire a gun in mid air in real life lol its just common sense is needed when doing it that while perhaps borrows from realism aspects benefits gameplay. So a player can fire while jumping (this feels fluid, no getting annoyed because suddenly your trigger finger is disabled) but you get a massive accuracy loss, recoil (gun jumping into the air etc). Firing an M95 in mid air should break your shoulder and lose you 50hp lol

Comment

80 player servers

Battles should take place in NA,since I can't remember that being done before.

Customizable squad sizes

Proximity chat to talk to people in a vehicle with you even if they aren't in your squad

Oh yeah make sure the platform is for PC only.That way we know we'll at least get a half decent game from the start.

Oh and since this is a wish list.I wish it would come out next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk
            Yeah, I think 80 players max. I imagine this game engine will put a lot of strain on servers. Also, a lot of the features will have to be server side so they cannot be hacked
            It's definitely going to have to be server side if it's going to affect gameplay. I'm starting to have my doubts about a destructible environment and an increased player count.

How many of you would still be happy if they kept the player limit at 64?

I think it was Combat Arms? What ever the game with hundreds of players was...
            Joint Ops I think? Combat Arms was like a free CS.

Originally posted by [55RA]Col.Dark-Knight
            Battles should take place in NA,since I can't remember that being done before.
            http://www.ea.com/games/battlefield-2-armored-fury

Comment

tbh I wouldn't mind if the player limit was kept at 64, but more consideration over player numbers and map design should be taken

I for one have never been enthusastic about destructible environments, but it would be cool if some buildings for instance could lose walls etc, or that every bomb dropped had a random chance to create a crater (stops server resources getting owned)

(joint ops was great! )

one more idea, pretty old:

Baseraping etc: If there were carrier maps, or those with uncaps far off they should be heavily defended (plenty of ground, air defense - perhaps automated?) and the map limit for the opposing team would mean that if they went to the uncap they would get the "Return to battle in 10 seconds or die), commander assets could be placed at a forward area etc

Comment

Originally posted by MrChris_CJ
                Infantry - on an added not, issues such as firing while jumping, I think these should be included, a I mean for some reason somebody might fire a gun in mid air in real life lol its just common sense is needed when doing it that while perhaps borrows from realism aspects benefits gameplay. So a player can fire while jumping (this feels fluid, no getting annoyed because suddenly your trigger finger is disabled) but you get a massive accuracy loss, recoil (gun jumping into the air etc). Firing an M95 in mid air should break your shoulder and lose you 50hp lol
                You really should be able to shoot while jumping, as long as you don't jump the height of a soldier as in BF2/2142 Hey it works for pretty much every other game so it should work in BF3.

And I too want lots and lots of recoil, nothing extreme but just so you feel the weapon.

Comment

On a side note, I hope BF3 doesn't take a single page out of PR's book..

Comment

Originally posted by iQue
                    You really should be able to shoot while jumping, as long as you don't jump the height of a soldier as in BF2/2142 Hey it works for pretty much every other game so it should work in BF3.

And I too want lots and lots of recoil, nothing extreme but just so you feel the weapon.
                    yeh not being able to fire when jumping gets annoying, it doesn't have to be effective but can be funny for those wtf moments or when you are point blank

Comment

You should not be able to fire while jumping. Its not an accuracy issue, or a realism issue, its common sense. You simply would not be able to hit ANYTHING, while jumping, and I mean anything, even thinking about pressing the trigger while jumping is a stupid idea.

If you want bunnyhopping gameplay, play CS.

Comment

BF2 isnt about realism; I wouldnt mind jumping whilst shooting as long as it was very inaccurate.

Comment

If its not accurate , whats the point ? What do you accomplish besides hitting nothing ?

Comment

I get where you are coming from but imo its very annoying and breaks the fluidity of action if you get what I mean

you run along and jump but need to fire and a magical barrier stops you it gets old, jumping and firing should be there doesn't mean you will hit anything, and it will reward the players who know to stay calm and controlled to just shoot the guy while he mid air spams

its hard to explain but when the game denies my input it gets annoying fast

stuff like jumping and throwing grenades, Battlefield has a certain blend between reality and arcade gameplay, I think it should be there

Comment

Yeah and besides firing whilst jumping would actually add to the realism as IRL theres nothing to stop anyone jumping around like a mad man whilst firing, even if they wouldnt hit anything.

Comment

IMO Being able to jump over and over is arcadey enough, along with diving and being able to shoot right away. I just dont see it adding to the game, if your jumping in the middle of a firefight, your doing something wrong. Its all irrelevant really as who knows what they will really do. Personally I'll take the slight break in the action being fluid as opposed to constantly getting killed by bunny hoppers.

Comment

Working...
                                X