Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vehicles or not?

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
    I/O or Vehicles I will still destroy anyone, multiskill adapt or die that simple.

As I said in the past COD4 had potential until they decided not to use vehicles in multiplayer. It was still a fun game, managed to pull of a 2.3 K/D, but it could have been a more strategic game then just nade spamming infantry campers on small maps. I don't mind campers they are easy to find and kill with a well cooked nade.It's just all people do these days in COD4, especially when it's something different then S&D.
    You're speaking on the topic of CoD4's potential, coming from a (from what I can tell) non competitive-background and criticizing what IW implemented. If you want to talk about the skill required in a game, you have to realize how easy a game like CoD4 is, and how each new release has implemented features to make the game even easier for players.

Take this for example:
    CoD1 - No health regen.
    CoD2 - health regen added.
    CoD3 - Vehicles implemented, health regen, etc.
    CoD4 - Perks, kill streak perks, health regen, sprinting
    CoD5 - All of the above + vehicles + vehicle perks

Now everybody wants more customizeable weapons for CoD6? In my honest opinion, keep the game simple! Games like CS and CS:S are still being played because they require skill, which keeps the competitive scene alive, and it's generally a fun game to play (granted, many may not agree). Play a round of CoD:WaW or CoD4 online and you will experience more frequent childish complaints of hacks/cheats and general whining, because newer games are making the gameplay easier!

I think that in order for the next Call of Duty to be truly succesful, they have to recognize what made their series popular and start appealing more to their hardcore gamers than the everyday, casual gamer. While the casual appeal may provide the game with increased initital sales, appeal to the hardcore crowd will make the game last much longer, and implementing vehicles into Call of Duty:MW2 is just taking yet another step towards making the game easy.

My point here was not to subordinate casual gamers, because they do help decide whether a game lives or dies, but they rarely decide if a game is good or bad, and if it will last. I just wish that people would appreciate the difficulty of a game, and not expect to be spoonfed their points/success.

Comment

Originally posted by Defekt
      I think that in order for the next Call of Duty to be truly succesful, they have to recognize what made their series popular and start appealing more to their hardcore gamers than the everyday, casual gamer. While the casual appeal may provide the game with increased initital sales, appeal to the hardcore crowd will make the game last much longer, and implementing vehicles into Call of Duty:MW2 is just taking yet another step towards making the game easy.

My point here was not to subordinate casual gamers, because they do help decide whether a game lives or dies, but they rarely decide if a game is good or bad, and if it will last. I just wish that people would appreciate the difficulty of a game, and not expect to be spoonfed their points/success.

Sadly, it's not going to happen. Publishers don't care how long we play a game, they only care if we buy it in the first place. Everyday casual gamers are a much larger market than "hardcore" gamers. A big budget game like MW2 needs to sell a lot of copies to make a huge profit, so it will most certainly cater to the lowest common denominator. Why do you think we haven't seen a PC BF3 yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
        Sadly, it's not going to happen. Publishers don't care how long we play a game, they only care if we buy it in the first place. Everyday casual gamers are a much larger market than "hardcore" gamers. A big budget game like MW2 needs to sell a lot of copies to make a huge profit, so it will most certainly cater to the lowest common denominator. Why do you think we haven't seen a PC BF3 yet?
        Yeah, I know what you're saying - I just somehow have a little bit of hope that a company will publish a game that focuses on quality gameplay and sells copies that way - not because it caters to what the masses want.

Comment

Originally posted by Unnamed Assailant
          Why do you think we haven't seen a PC BF3 yet?
          Click the link in my sig for what I think is a likely answer.

Comment

CoD2 - Sprinting added, health regen added.

*snip*
            Did you ever play cod2?

and in reponce, CoD has turned into a money laundering scheme. CoD2 was the last of the CoDs built for gameplay.

The rest were made for the 'Saturday Gamer', by companies with $'s in their eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
              I don't see BF3 being PC-only, nor do I think it will show up for several more years
              nor do I think it will show up for several more years
              several more years
              :cry: I just hope your Nostradamus skills are up the sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                And by PC BF3, I meant PC BF3. Your line of reasoning isn't really different from my own. This is not the economic environment in which companies are going to be taking risks. A PC-centric BF3 is more than just a risk. It's a loser compared to a BC2. This is from a financial standpoint, mind you.
                It's the same scenario for MW2 and pretty much any subsequent games coming out. Console, and console-style, games sell more than pure PC "hardcore" games.

Comment

@Defekt, I have played competitively on local LAN's probably before you even knew what a PC is. Stop assuming things based on forum posts. If this was a forum of a competitive league (full of e-penis waving douchebags) I would be talking about something different. The truth is that games are primarily aimed at casual gamers, and then leagues (CAL, CEVO, TWL) go ahead and modify the gameplay a little bit to abide by the standards that the competitive community agrees upon. In my experience the "PRO MODS" in competition have made the games that are already easy easier, it wouldn't matter tho you are dumped in a competitive environment where your opponents are as skilled as you are and that's what makes it fun.

Aside from scrims/matches, I like to do some casual gaming myself so vehicles just make the game more fun. Weather your in one all you or your buddies are trying to take one out.

Comment

I think you're all a bunch of masses.

:badumpsttt:

What Evant said is the reason why I like these forums over all the others online. A lot less e-organs. The very few that are here usually keep quiet or comment so strange that no one takes them serious.

I still would like vehicles and since the coding for jeeps are in CoD4 and 5, but we havent seen them yet, they will probably show up in 6. Thats just my guess though.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                      @Defekt, I have played competitively on local LAN's probably before you even knew what a PC is. Stop assuming things based on forum posts. If this was a forum of a competitive league (full of e-penis waving douchebags) I would be talking about something different. The truth is that games are primarily aimed at casual gamers, and then leagues (CAL, CEVO, TWL) go ahead and modify the gameplay a little bit to abide by the standards that the competitive community agrees upon. In my experience the "PRO MODS" in competition have made the games that are already easy easier, it wouldn't matter tho you are dumped in a competitive environment where your opponents are as skilled as you are and that's what makes it fun.

Aside from scrims/matches, I like to do some casual gaming myself so vehicles just make the game more fun. Weather your in one all you or your buddies are trying to take one out.
                      Ahh, thanks for reminding me why I hardly bother to post in these forums anymore. Your post that I qouted had several parts that made it clear that you didn't compete in CoD4 - comments about your kd and overpowered grenades were clearly from public games.

My point is, how is it that anybody I know, including myself, would be called a hacker whenever playing in a public server? It's because the general public - the casual gamers - have become accustomed to receiving increasingly easy games. You will witness far fewer "haccusations" in older games such as CoD and CS, because people recognize the skill level required.

And while you can argue that promod/damn mod make the game easier (no sway for example in scopes) all that does is give players the potential to be that much better with the gun. There are plenty of ways to keep the game fun, while still focusing on what made that game great in the first place. You can turn Call of Duty into Battlefield, but what's the fun in that, because while people will buy the new games, you lose what made that game special.

Comment

Overpower nades learn to read... I never said that I think they are overpowered... Have fun Defekt... I did play in every season of CAL for COD4...

Comment

Ahh, but of course. Resort to personal attacks now, always has been the last chance to save face and attempt to salvage a failed argument. <3

*Just an FYI, anybody can play CAL - play some CEVO if you want somebody to care.

Comment

Ahh, but of course. Resort to personal attacks now, always has been the last chance to save face and attempt to salvage a failed argument. <3

*Just an FYI, anybody can play CAL - play some CEVO if you want somebody to care.
                            I have not edited my post after you have posted and you can check this yourself.

Comment

Topic is about 'Vehicles or not?' so let's keep it on that eh lads? PM eachother or something, add eachother on X-Fire, do something.. But not here.

KEEP IT ON TOPIC.

Comment

Originally posted by [202K]7|Jgr.Recon
                                Topic is about 'Vehicles or not?' so let's keep it on that eh lads? PM eachother or something, add eachother on X-Fire, do something.. But not here.

KEEP IT ON TOPIC.
                                Agreed, he can go ahead and start a e-penner war with someone else, lol. Vehicles are fun and add to the game as I said there could be a server option to disable them.

Comment

Working...
                                X