• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vehicles or not?

57mm AT Gun please :thumbsup: :laugh:

Comment

Flying nukes we get to dive in and get a 50'000/1 KD and the round is over!

Comment

I put "indifferent," but it really depends on how they are implemented. Specifically, vehicle maps should be primarily vehicle vs. vehicle, not 1 or 2 people in a tank dominating everybody. Foy and Ponyri are great examples of CoD vehicle maps. Another possibility is the map in WAW that has the bell tower (can't remember the name) with narrow streets and many buildings; in this case the mobility of the tank is hindered so that it is not overpowered.

Overall I would prefer no vehicles though.

Comment

I voted no b/c I'm a CoD purist and I always feel like this is an infantry game. As soon as you add vehicles, you lose that CoD-ness about the game. Now, I think it would be fun, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't just make it BF2. The problem is, vehicles do make a huge diff in any game.

SO, I would actually vote yes for what I want, but no for CoD's sake. BUT, there is no CoD attached to this title officially...

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
            Now, I think it would be fun, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't just make it BF2.
            I think that's the key statement.

In BF2, the vehicles were too powerful and too important, compared to infantry soldiers. I like some of the things COD:WW did in regards to tanks:
            - don't make too many of them
            - don't make them too hard to destroy, even by infantry

One use I do see for vehicles is transport. On large maps, even ones like Seelow, it would often be nice to have a quick way to get across the map. So maybe adding in some non-armed vehicles, like jeeps (with no mounted MG), or motorcycles, or transport choppers could accomplish that goal, without slaughtering ground troops too easily.

A lot of it will come down to the maps though. If they're small like COD4, or most of the CODWW ones, there's not much point. Even in the tank maps in CODWW, it's still pretty cramped and easy to get stuck or confined to a small area in a tank. I do like how they limited vehicles to only certain maps in CODWW, so if you wanted to play infantry only, you could.

If MW2 made a few really large maps, only allowed vehicles on those maps, and had some tanks or APC's and some un-armed transport vehicles, then I think that might work.

But I agree that at its core, COD is more about infantry, and a lot of people play it because that's what they like. A lot of people like BF2 because of vehicles, but there's also a very large number who hate BF2 because of that as well. It's OK for them to be separate games, instead of everything trying to have too many elements of the other.

Comment

Ok.. I just want BF3 It would be f*cking awesome...

Comment

Originally posted by CrAzY eYeD cAt =^O.o^=
                Ok.. I just want BF3 It would be f*cking awesome...
                It will be, but it'll take some time before we see it. Neither the economic nor the technical conditions are right at this time to make a proper BF3.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                  If MW2 made a few really large maps, only allowed vehicles on those maps, and had some tanks or APC's and some un-armed transport vehicles, then I think that might work.
                  +1
                  I think the vehicles should be kept to a minimum, only used when really recessary..

Comment

Originally posted by JoMaMaz
                    I voted no b/c I'm a CoD purist and I always feel like this is an infantry game. As soon as you add vehicles, you lose that CoD-ness about the game. Now, I think it would be fun, but it needs to be done in a way that doesn't just make it BF2. The problem is, vehicles do make a huge diff in any game.

SO, I would actually vote yes for what I want, but no for CoD's sake. BUT, there is no CoD attached to this title officially...
                    Originally posted by Pieman'
                    As you increase size you lose cod's... Feeling. You won't have that detail in the maps, the detail in the weapons. You'll have a big map with lots of tanks blowing the crap outta everything while infantry kill eachother. It's just not cod. They would do anything to improve FPS, EVEN REMOVE BRASS FROM SHOOTING GUNS :'(
                    Same Thing ^_^:thumbsup:

Comment

Yes.

I mean, why not?

So long as we have our infantry maps, I don't really mind.

Comment

I would like to see vehicles in the game because the add a new dynamic. One thing is certain though, you need a good counter balance. I suggest fixed TOW emplacements and also have more powerful hand-held anti-tank weapons.

This was the case in UO and it worked. I never felt dominated by the tanks, one panzerfaust to the rear of the tank and it was goodbye Charlie, one satchel charge did the same as it should.

UO also had fixed 88's throughout tank maps that were largely one hit kill weapons on tanks.

Also, as has been said they need to include some kind of fast moving vehicle. Perhaps, a special forces dune buggy with mounted mg. In UO the jeeps were helluva fun on CTF maps. Of course, on those maps you could enter a vehicle with the flag unlike WaW.

If it is done right vehicles would be a nice addition. I don't think the tanks were done particularly well in WaW, they required too many anti-tank weapons to destroy. Another counterbalance feature would be to remove the ability to drive the enemy's tanks. That way one side can't have more than their allotted share.

Comment

Roamer, I also thought of UO and how well they had made that game. As you mentioned, vehicles were never a dominating factor, but did make the game fun.

Another reason CoD:UO is still be the best CoD ever. :thumbsup:

So, if they can replicate what UO did in terms of balance between infantry/vehicles, I would vote yet. Sooo many companies get it wrong though, which is why I usually say no b/c too many fail at getting that good balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
                            I think that's the key statement.

In BF2, the vehicles were too powerful and too important, compared to infantry soldiers. I like some of the things COD:WW did in regards to tanks:
                            - don't make too many of them
                            - don't make them too hard to destroy, even by infantry

One use I do see for vehicles is transport. On large maps, even ones like Seelow, it would often be nice to have a quick way to get across the map. So maybe adding in some non-armed vehicles, like jeeps (with no mounted MG), or motorcycles, or transport choppers could accomplish that goal, without slaughtering ground troops too easily.

A lot of it will come down to the maps though. If they're small like COD4, or most of the CODWW ones, there's not much point. Even in the tank maps in CODWW, it's still pretty cramped and easy to get stuck or confined to a small area in a tank. I do like how they limited vehicles to only certain maps in CODWW, so if you wanted to play infantry only, you could.

But I agree that at its core, COD is more about infantry, and a lot of people play it because that's what they like. A lot of people like BF2 because of vehicles, but there's also a very large number who hate BF2 because of that as well. It's OK for them to be separate games, instead of everything trying to have too many elements of the other.
                            Well the main reason people played BF2 was the large scale and the squad system. If the Call of Duty series had bigger more organized infantry only maps it would be so much fun to play. Imagine COD with big maps and the exact same BF squad system? How epic would that be?!

I just hope they get it right. Not that there's any need to worry with IW :thumbsup:

Comment

I would like it, however. It must be non-combat vehicles.. That makes it just more easier to kill them!! :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Recon [BFE]
                                CoD is an First Person Shooter, not a First Vehicle Shooter.
                                Wut? So whats BF, Halo, farcry n all those games, first vehicle shooters? First ive heared :laugh:

bring the vehicles to cod, and not the cruddy ones like WaW

Comment

Working...
                                X