X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2RSC]1|2Lt.Creed-Ken
    replied
    Re: What do you want in MW 2

I don't think U would really want anything more out of MW2, apart from more maps and another cool single player.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Whiskey
    replied

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
    So is the authentication server just for usernames or does it verify your stats and CD keys and stuff like that as well?
    It doesn't do anything for your stats...people have and can alter their mpdata files to change their ranks/stats if they want.

It's mostly for unique usernames for the Friends List (new to CODWW). I think it may also verify your CD Key as well, but I'm not totally sure about that.

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

So is the authentication server just for usernames or does it verify your stats and CD keys and stuff like that as well?

Leave a comment:

• imported_Whiskey
    replied

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
    Are full ranked profiles available for WaW, or did they fix it? I remember the WaW beta where you had to log in with a username. Did that affect the stats, or were they still client side?
    For CODWW, you still need a specific username to log into the authentication server, and stats are still client-side in the full game.

No idea if IW will do that for MW2 or not.

Leave a comment:

• Wizrdwarts
    replied

Are full ranked profiles available for WaW, or did they fix it? I remember the WaW beta where you had to log in with a username. Did that affect the stats, or were they still client side?

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
    Fix the godawful way of saving profile. Seriously? Client side? Make it like BF where you have to have internet access to use it.
    Why? So people can hack it or your name and get you wiped? No thanks.

How about just make a save/import/export option?

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• Bladeeagle
    replied

Fix the godawful way of saving profile. Seriously? Client side? Make it like BF where you have to have internet access to use it.

Leave a comment:

• CoDe 199
    replied

There has to be an SA80

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

I think in the end all I want is people to stop saying how its not CoD2. If they have to add a feature to do that, then DO IT!

That or people just go play CoD2.

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• JoMaMaz
    replied

I loved both the TOW mode in MoH: SH and the Assault mode in UT2k4. Both of them required teamwork and great intense action, with interesting and relevant objectives. Yet for some reason, I guess they don't do as well with the overall public (at least from the mind of the developers) which sucks b/c I really enjoy those modes. That is the reason I play the WAR mode as it's somewhat along those lines of where the action is always constant on a certain objective and people need to work more as a team. Granted, the TOW and Assault modes are more detailed in that you're not just capping a flag at each point. Bring them back, bring them back! :yay:

Leave a comment:

• [Expletive Deleted]
    replied

You guys are describing things very similar to UT2004's Assault mode. For some reason they decided that mode wasn't popular enough and left it out of UT 3. I really liked some of the maps, especially custom maps, that had attack/defend and objectives that had some variety.

Leave a comment:

• Kodakk
    replied

Originally posted by Whiskey
    ^ By that same token, I'll again mention MOHAA/SH. In their TOW (Tug of War) mode, you had various different mini-objectives. In one map, you had to steal a German Sub. Before you could do that, you had to first pull a lever to open the drydock doors, activate a control panel to disengage the locks on the sub, then jump on the sub and start it up...and I think you could even plant a bomb at either team spawn site that, if it successfully exploded, would prevent that team from spawning anymore (giving another way to win the round).

It was tons of fun, and required co-ordination and teamwork. I'd love to see something like that back again.
    That definitely sounds like a blast and would easily pull me away from the straight-forward SD to which I'm accustomed. Things like that where amazing amounts of teamwork are required add a whole new level to the game play, and I would hope that if something similar were implemented into the Call of Duty series that the competitive community would adopt it as an acceptable gametype, and I can't begin to imagine how much teamwork and strategy would then be possible.

Leave a comment:

• CptainCrunch
    replied

Teamwork??? Thats SPARTAAAAAAAA!

Crunch

Leave a comment:

• imported_Whiskey
    replied

^ By that same token, I'll again mention MOHAA/SH. In their TOW (Tug of War) mode, you had various different mini-objectives. In one map, you had to steal a German Sub. Before you could do that, you had to first pull a lever to open the drydock doors, activate a control panel to disengage the locks on the sub, then jump on the sub and start it up...and I think you could even plant a bomb at either team spawn site that, if it successfully exploded, would prevent that team from spawning anymore (giving another way to win the round).

It was tons of fun, and required co-ordination and teamwork. I'd love to see something like that back again.

Leave a comment:

• Kodakk
    replied

^ That would be nice, and it definitely adds more strategy/variety to the maps. For example, CoD4 competition consisted of planting the bomb on the same site on various maps, but it was awesome when we played Toujane and had to plant strategically on the APC/tank and it added more (or at least newer) dynamics to the bomb site.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X