Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could ARMA 2 be the true successor to Battlefield 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could ARMA 2 be the true successor to Battlefield 2?

Originally posted by n00bhaus3r
    You took the words right out of my mouth. What'll happen to TWL BF2 without bunny hopping or dolphin diving? Oh noes!
    They would have to move, hide and shoot properly :cry::laugh::cry:

Comment

I remember a few years ago when the only way you could move up the TWL ladder was by bunny hopping and dolphin diving. Sad days.

Comment

I played in a few TWL matches in both BF2 and BF2142, and that was it for me.

Comment

this game will be epic. the game engine can do more than the Battlefield series could ever dream of doing.
          exit, stage left kiddies, this game is 'too hard' for you. cpunch:

Comment

Ask any ArmA player, it won't. BF2 and ArmA are so different, so far ArmA2 looks like ArmA but just prettier.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEn|gma
              Like you'd admit it, even if it was
              I play ArmA from time to time and use to play OFP a bit and I know fully well that they are far too different from BF2 and PR to even compare them. All these games / mods offer very different things so you will never see it. Everyone said before ArmA came out that everyone would leave PR for ArmA, but what has happened since its been out for how long now? I will tell you what has, PR has like twice as many players than ArmA.

Originally posted by [MyIS]Dan
              Ask any ArmA player, it won't. BF2 and ArmA are so different, so far ArmA2 looks like ArmA but just prettier.
              yep.

Comment

This is a good question and one I can answer from experience. For those of you who have been around for awhile, the only clan I was ever a part of was the 31stMEU. Lasted for around 2-3 years. We were thriving and always had alot of members and good structure. But some of the top ranking members decided in early 2007 to migrate over to ARMA and everything became a soup sandwich. And the 31stMEU is no more, atleast not to my knowledge. BF2 is more a true to nature FPS, ARMA is nothing but a fancy simulation where you'll spend more time creating skins than actually playing.

Comment

ARMA 2 will still be a great game though

Comment

ARMA is like playing a 64 player Krakand with only 8 players...

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                      ARMA is like playing a 64 player Krakand with only 8 players...
                      more like a 64player karkand sized map times 10 with only 8 players

Comment

How about Kubra Dam with 4 players?

Comment

What about Highway Tampa with 2 players?

Comment

Arma comes from VBS goverment software game that is very complex and it cost $3000 incase anyone didnt know and its where the real soldiers are at:salute:

Arma was made from VBS(Virtual Battlefield Systems) and Arma is like a demo of that software

Comment

ill give it a try

Comment

I'm so very skeptical. Looks are completey deceivign and the Battlefield experince is pretty unique. Even FFoW didn't make it and they got really close...

Comment

Working...
                                X