Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could ARMA 2 be the true successor to Battlefield 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could ARMA 2 be the true successor to Battlefield 2?

Lol hell no.... OFP2 might though.........

Comment

No way in hell that it is.

You also need a monster PC to run it decently which what I think most BF2 players do not have including myself.

Comment

Think ARMA is a bit of a niche game, pretty serious stuff this war buisness you know

Comment

No it couldn't, BF3 is:thumbsup:

Comment

Originally posted by BlindManOnTour
            No it couldn't, BF3 is:thumbsup:
            Too true!

Guess this is over now that BF3 is announced. This was more to counter BFBC, BF Heroes and BF1943. Anyways, god knows how long till I can play BF3, but until then, I have my copy of ARMAII pre ordered.

Comment

nope. i can't play this game simply b/c when i aim the whole gun moves, and that just drives me crazy.

Comment

op flash 2 is less hardcore than arma2 so that might be what is closer to bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                  op flash 2 is less hardcore than arma2 so that might be what is closer to bf2.
                  Arama 2 is supposed to be more realistic like AA3 where as OFP 2 is supposed to be more arcade like BF2.

Comment

This game actually has me kinda hooked. I think I'm going to get it when it is for sale on Steam June 26th. I'm hoping there is a good community around it. The only thing that is keeping me in FPS right now is L4d and TF2. But those really don't fill the void left from the whole BF42/DC and BF2 games. I've never been a CS, COD or you name it fan, so I need something to carry me along. I'm feel pissed at DiCE for the whole lack of support issue. And I'm not sure if I'll buy BF3...seeing how I have not bought anything from EA in the last few years. Hell, I don't even own stock in EA.

Comment

OFP2 is more infantry and squad based a bit like bf2,where as Arma is a simulator of war and the vehicles in it.

OFP2 will be a bit more user friendly but limited in content

Comment

Having played the demo, it has some cool points but one deal breaker. Aiming down the gun sight does not exist. Rather you just magnify your view as in BF42. I can't stand that after BF2 and CoD4

Other then that, anyone who likes choppers will love Arma 2. You even have to press Q just to start the engine! Almost a flight sim from there.

Queue up for the choppers....

Comment

Originally posted by Soldat
                          Having played the demo, it has some cool points but one deal breaker. Aiming down the gun sight does not exist. Rather you just magnify your view as in BF42. I can't stand that after BF2 and CoD4

Other then that, anyone who likes choppers will love Arma 2. You even have to press Q just to start the engine! Almost a flight sim from there.

Queue up for the choppers....
                          Wat?`Ironsights are there, just press RMB. Holing RMB zooms in, clicking it brings up the sights.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adcannon
                            Wat?`Ironsights are there, just press RMB. Holing RMB zooms in, clicking it brings up the sights.
                            And you can bring up iron-sights/sight and then zoom (click RMB, and then hold RMB), another cool feature. Found the missions are a breeze if you do them around midnight, the AIs can't see worth...in the dark.

Comment

i don't like the game. movement is clunky and i get stuck in objects indoors. it's just not polished up enough for my tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                                And you can bring up iron-sights/sight and then zoom (click RMB, and then hold RMB), another cool feature. Found the missions are a breeze if you do them around midnight, the AIs can't see worth...in the dark.
                                Hardly intuitive (I never would have guessed), but I'll check it out, when I'm not crashing the chopper of course

Comment

Working...
                                X