what servers are you banned from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what servers are you banned from?

I think there is a short list of people somewhere who have never been banned from nfb.:deal::hmmmm2::laugh2:

Comment

I'm banned from a lot of knife only servers.

Comment

I've been hunting the top 100 tags for a little while, and in my travels I've managed to get banned from a few European servers. The names escape me, but I can remember quite a few of those servers that will ban for PK rockets and commanding. These same servers absolutely love demo-hopping and nade spamming, so go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder View Post
          I think there is a short list of people somewhere who have never been banned from nfb.:deal::hmmmm2::laugh2:
          And you are basing this off of what? The rantings and ravings of a few loud mouthed guys? Judging from the thousands of people that play our servers every month, I would say that the list of people that are banned is a lot smaller than the list of people that aren't.

It's just that there are a select few that can't control themselves. People like Absolute, aka Nightmare, that go on our servers to specifically break a rule, just because we happen to be one of the few that run Battle Recorder and they wanted to include something in a movie that was against our rules. Or, players like Field that have been banned and then had bans lifted multiple times that we finally got tired of.

Whatever. I find this thread highly entertaining. Listening to the same people crying about how they just don't have anywhere to play anymore. Almost breaks my heart.:laugh:

It's okay, because there are other great servers out there that they can still play on. That is if you catch them at the right time of the day, on the right day of the week when they are actually populated.

Comment

yeah theres lots of servers that are better than nfb definitely

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
              yeah theres lots of servers that are better than nfb definitely
              lol, If you hate us so much, why did you keep asking to be unbanned?

Comment

I'm with Quem. I've never been banned from a server and the only reason I've ever even been kicked is to make room for clan members/server supporters. Guess I just don't own enough face. Of course, I'm very particular about which servers I go on because I don't like clanstacking servers, 100% FF-off servers, stat pad servers, servers with ridiculous rules, etc. so my server selection is somewhat limited to begin with. But the servers I do go on have reasonable rules. I've never personally seen anyone getting kicked unfairly from NfB's Gib server (only played on the city chaos one a couple times), and I'd even been jihaded a couple of times while in the walker and the guy didn't get kicked so I'd imagine to get kicked from their server you'd have to be blatantly disobeying their rules or cheating or something. Whatever...it's a good server and the rules are easy enough to follow (i.e. you won't 'accidentally' break one by killing an admin or taking a vehicle before an admin gets to it like you can on other servers) so it's still on my favourites list. That server, TRR's Gib/city server (and I'm anxious to try out their Titan server when my internet gets reconnected :thumbsup: ), and Moongamer's 24/7 Tampa server are the only ones I play on so there's not a lot of reason for me to get banned from them.

Actually I sometimes play on DAM's Gib server as well, but one of my buddies is banned from there so usually I don't.

Comment

I love NfB and TRR because i know it keeps the asswipes away and don't have to worry about cheats or someone being stupid. It's a safe haven for me.

I miss the good ol days of FF=ON

Comment

I have been banned once I think for using the RDX in creative ways, aka throwing one down from the crane thingy at harbour Camp G and killing 5 people or so below me.

I have been kicked a lot more times in BF2 though, either for "camping" aka defending a flag and "baseraping" aka countersniping the snipers at the Sharqi Hotel

Comment

Jihad....instaban...:thefinger:

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical View Post
                        I love NfB and TRR because i know it keeps the asswipes away and don't have to worry about cheats or someone being stupid. It's a safe haven for me.

I miss the good ol days of FF=ON
                        Yeah, that's one of the reasons I haven't played Titan in quite some time, because it seems like all the populated Titan servers are FF-off. As if the nade/pk spamming in the hallways isn't bad enough already, they make it so even LESS discretion is needed when throwing them about since you can only kill enemies. FF-off is just inviting spam and thoughtless gameplay. I understand it's frustrating when you toss a nade down a hallway and some smacktard thinks you're playing fetch so he goes chasing after it (followed by the inevitable punish), but when there's the threat of an actual penalty for throwing explosives around your own ship instead of just benefits without any risk people are generally more cautious about doing so and it makes gameplay a lot 'cleaner'. Sure, there's still spam, but at least now you know grenades and PKs are equal opportunity weapons.

Comment

i take pride in having never been banned

For those of you who seem to get banned alot, do you talk alot of trash while playing or constantly taunt other players? How do you react when getting accused of cheating? I would bet that alot of these bans come from the players attitude after a situation arises.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
                            i take pride in having never been banned

For those of you who seem to get banned alot, do you talk alot of trash while playing or constantly taunt other players? How do you react when getting accused of cheating? I would bet that alot of these bans come from the players attitude after a situation arises.
                            It's not only that mate; sometimes when a few individual have played this game long enough and have experience and skill better than 90% of the general population out there. Suspcision arises from jealous players.

Admins who cannot seem to kill a certain player runs away by removing the player.

Envy is another big factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaranthuse
                              It's not only that mate; sometimes when a few individual have played this game long enough and have experience and skill better than 90% of the general population out there. Suspcision arises from jealous players.

Admins who cannot seem to kill a certain player runs away by removing the player.

Envy is another big factor.
                              i have been playing since day 1 of the closed beta. My stats might not fully indicate my level of skill, but i score top of the server almost every round i play. I am not going to say i am better than 90% of the players, but i can definately hold my own against anyone. I have had many hackusations from alot of people/clans. I fully believe that my attitude has to do with not being banned. That was the purpose of my question.

Comment

i got banned a few times. i still remember them in fact: i got banned on OSS server for picking up my teammate's demo packs (who i guess was the admin) during titian defense and ISI christian server for saying a bad word few times to test them, and some stupid clan server with this loser admin called w8liftin (famous abusive admin) for not getting in a line for a gunship (which there was no line, it was just him that was the line, lol). other than those and a few times on KnP servers for not following the rules, i haven't gotten banned. and i do sometimes play like an a-hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X