Wierd issue after new gpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd issue after new gpu

So I upgraded from a GTS250 to a GTX560Ti 448. I can now play the game fully maxed on ultra and get 50-60fps easy. However I now notice every now and then everything looks cartoony, for lack of a better word. Included a video and a screenshot. Any ideas?

Re: Wierd issue after new gpu

The last picture looks like you are using the IRNV?

Comment

Yeah, looks like the IRNV, but it's got a strange black line art style going on like that a-ha video from the 80's "take on me." the video clip was too short for me to see what was really going on. Is it the same effect Dark?

Comment

I didn't see anything in the video
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Install newest Beta Verde drivers and enable Clean Install option during driver installation so you can eliminate one of the possible causes of this issue.

Comment

I installed the newest drivers just the other day. Clean as well, and yes the issue is everything is outlined in black and the colors look off. It looks very cartoony almost like COD type. I'll try and get a better video tonight.

Comment

Looks like shader problem so either it is driver itself or some setting that is messing things. Try if the same "effect" is present on all maps.

Comment

Some of the 560 Ti cards have a firmware upgrade that corrects some of these types of issues.
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

GTX560 Ti aren't out of the box compatible with the game, they need a firmware fix. Besides funny shaders, also crash and hang issues.

Comment

are there any extra drivers I may need for the Asus 6970 Direct CUII? Because Im getting that "Crash after one round" glitch that I didn't get with my Standard 6870.

Comment

Ok well so far this only happens on Bazaar. I have had zero other issues with this card. No hangups nothing. here's a cpl more pics for fun....

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                        are there any extra drivers I may need for the Asus 6970 Direct CUII? Because Im getting that "Crash after one round" glitch that I didn't get with my Standard 6870.
                        I have no special issues with my Saphire 6970 running the latest drivers: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n_win7-64.aspx
                        It has actually been very Battlefield-stable regardless of drivers.

Comment

Hm... Okay. Well mine is Factory OC'd iirc, but maybe I just hit bad luck otherwise...

Comment

I have an early Gigabyte 560ti (the one with less cores) and get the same issue with the cartoony effect. Happens mostly on the carrier on Oman, when I look around I can see the effect but look back and it is fine again. I was also getting "display driver stopped responding" issues too which I haven't solved but were greatly improved by flashing the gpu bios. Bios update did not help the BF3 cartoon problems though.

The card does perform well but is a bit buggy at times.

Comment

OK well at least I know i'm not the only one then lol. As I said for me it only happens on 1 map and I can deal with as there are no other issues. So I guess I will just leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                              X