Voss vs. Scar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voss vs. Scar

Plus, it's kind of fun pinching an OPFOR weapon and using it. I remember in BF:V a lot of people would ditch the M16 to get the AK-47, whereas when I was NVA I would always do it the other way around. Plus, when one team has something fun and unique it gives them more character (and, again, something fun to steal). Again in BF:V, I would always go out of my way to nick a Mossberg 500 when I was NVA, and when US I would try to find someone with the Type-56 SKS, or even the MAT-49, because those were fun guns to use that didn't have a direct equivalent on that given team.

Comment

you need to look at it from the standpoint of equal shooting capabilities from point of spawn. i dont know why you really want 1 team to have some weapon that is better than the close equivalent you have on your faction..

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
        you need to look at it from the standpoint of equal shooting capabilities from point of spawn. i dont know why you really want 1 team to have some weapon that is better than the close equivalent you have on your faction..
        Not better, different.Not like M249/RPK-74 different, but Takao/P33 different.

Comment

I feel like the Scar is more powerful, but in most situations I rather get the Baur or voss when i play EU. Krylov for Pac, I like to see BG using the SCAR11 its kind a proof of skillz and in my Book give you style points. But imo Scar11 dosent even get close to the voss deadly burst. Wins in single shots but thats about it.

you guys cant denie, Voss is one hell of a AR.

Comment

nope a voss cannot beat a scar if the persons are both skilled with the weapons, as the scar is better in stats, more accurate, and even if you shoot headshots with a voss it will be likely to miss more often than with a scar.

Comment

...Which is exactly why you never see people on the EU side spawning with the Voss.

o wate.

You must be kidding though, right? I mean, I like the SCAR and all, but just comparing the leaderboards of the two weapons should show you something about their demographics. The SCAR, statistically, is used about 1/4 as often as the Voss (and before you say it's because it's faction-specific, it's also used about 1/2 as often as the Krylov). That simply doesn't happen if the gun is indeed better.

Comment

I agree, wolfy. The rate of fire makes the difference. Whenever I pick up the voss and use it, it just seems too easy. It has more kick than the SCAR, but you can get used to that pretty quickly.

I do think that the SCAR is a little more accurate at distance, but mid-range and up close it doesn't make that much difference.

Just my dos centavos

Comment

Originally posted by DDoubleVVision View Post
                  I agree, wolfy. The rate of fire makes the difference. Whenever I pick up the voss and use it, it just seems too easy. It has more kick than the SCAR, but you can get used to that pretty quickly.

I do think that the SCAR is a little more accurate at distance, but mid-range and up close it doesn't make that much difference.

Just my dos centavos
                  Exactly. It's one thing to like the gun, but simply the difference in DPS speaks for itself. 290 for the SCAR vs. 375 for the Voss. (For comparision, Krylov is 405 and Baur is 340). The SCAR may be better at really long range, but that's where the advantage ends, and dies a horrible, bloody, bullet-ridden death. :thumbsup:

Comment

I still use it though

Comment

well that is for the fact that the voss if far more forgiving than the scar, if you miss a bullet with a scar, it is 1/30 of your clip, and with a voss 1/40 of your clip, also, people go for the larger clip size because of lack of the skill of ammo conserver, and the lack of hiding in cover to reload. also the people dont try to use the scar as they got so dammed used to the voss they dont want(or dare) to switch. the scar has huge advantages at cover fighting(not a small clip size, good dammage per bullet, and good accuracy, also for players who lack of skill they often just fight in the open, so all advantages get lost by the lack of cover, and then they need to spray to survive/ or burst bullets and hope to hit, and then a big clip size comes in very handy.

Comment

But it's not like the Voss is bad at any of those things, either. You're suggesting that someone who uses cover and uses the SCAR will beat someone who runs around out in the open like a tard and uses the Voss. Well no ****. Now take someone who uses the Voss tactically and uses cover, conserves ammo, ducks around the corner to reload, etc. Now you have someone who plays tactically AND has a gun that's more than acceptably accurate at any range other than maybe fog-distance range, has 40 rounds per mag, and does 25% more damage in the same amount of time. You can discuss tactics until you're blue in the face, but tactics can be used no matter what gun you have. I could use the same scenario to show why someone with the Lambert or Malkov will beat someone using the Voss, but it doesn't make either of those things the better gun. The fact is, that aside from a slight accuracy advantage - one that is moot in most circumstances - the Voss outperforms the SCAR in every way.

Comment

nope, the scar is far better in those situations, at least for me who always tries to get that headshot, and the voss is just not accurate enough for my playing style, and the voss doenst outperform the scar in any other way(dammage per shot is important too, if you miss a lot the total dammage per second for a voss will be less than the total dammage per second for a scar if you hit loads with it)

ps not all tactics are the same(ever tried using crough spam cover fight with a baur, that is suicide...)

Comment

If you're talking single shot only, then yes, the SCAR is better than the Voss, but it most cases (again, barring extreme long-range) a two or three-round burst with the Voss is plenty accurate enough, so if you're trying to single-shot someone with the SCAR while they're bursting you with the Voss, you're going to get out-DPSed. If you're talking full auto, then it's not like the SCAR is any better there either since it, too, has deviation that causes misses, whereas the grouping on the Voss is either noticably tighter or the amount of bullets and ROF are going to make up for any shortcomings.

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree here, because your results with the SCAR differ significantly from mine.

Comment

yeah single shot on the scar is something you will find useful on open spaces in 8v8 verdun (:

i wish more servers had this map in rotation.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                1.st. Scar is over voss in all things ( needs more skill to handel ) But when u manage that u can play on every distance
                                exp. u need 2 hs to kill right u think u can go that fast and spray me with voss i think not. Long range u loose using voss. Midle u lose cause scar is more accurate then ull be with voss and close ull loose cause u need 2 well placed bulets and ur dead and who sais that im gona let u get that clouse.
                                2.nd rapid fire burst gona kill u faster then u can imagin. Im preparing vdo of scar ownige ull see what i was talking about
                                3. In some situations or if u know ur weapon scar is even deadly from krylov wath is supreme weapon in this game so there is no point of getting up voss
                                I kill alot with scar against voss and krylov any range any position so there is no way that voss can be better altho i agree that skilled players with all weapons are good so. Im not spiting on voss or enything but for me voss+rockets=extra noob and why pro playing BF is with standard weapons?

Comment

Working...
                                X